Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Game of Thrones

Comments

• Guess there might be a difference between fire and dragon fire.

Jon's been burnt by normal fire before, when he saved Jeor Mormont from the Wight at Castle Black.
    Dany survived the fire when she joined Drogo though and also when she murdered the other Khal's
    True.
  • Jon isn't fire retardant, in the book his hand causes him a lot of grief although it was only a fleeting moment of him being in pain when the lamp was in his hand 

I strongly think this will end with Samwell telling the story to someone or someone's 

I think Arya is coming for the mountain as I think the hound will die on Monday and she will take his face as well as a lot of other faces such as Jaimes 

• edited April 2019
    Missed your response @North Lower Neil  

@ForeverAddickted
    That fire was NOT cannon to the book. The first fire is the only fire Dany should have walked out of as it was her sacrificing herself that activated the magic that protected her and helped the dragon eggs hatch. (This was apparently confirmed by GRRRRRRRRRRRR Martin).
  • Just had a thought... Is Bronn going to turn up and save Jamie or Tyrion with the crossbow?
  • edited April 2019
    Dazzler21 said:
    Just had a thought... Is Bronn going to turn up and save Jamie or Tyrion with the crossbow?
    Could well do... Dont agree that he'll go through with Cersei's request
  • Carter said:
    Jon isn't fire retardant, in the book his hand causes him a lot of grief although it was only a fleeting moment of him being in pain when the lamp was in his hand 

I strongly think this will end with Samwell telling the story to someone or someone's 

I think Arya is coming for the mountain as I think the hound will die on Monday and she will take his face as well as a lot of other faces such as Jaimes 

What I dont get about the faces is the height issue

Surely someone will realise that its not Jaime or the Hound because she's about 5ft compared to them?
  • Not to mention the squeeky voice compared a deeper more manly one
  • Not to mention the squeeky voice compared a deeper more manly one
    Didn't we see she takes on their entire form?
  • There are female white walkers in the books, just not in the show. Iirc the night king was a night’s watch lord commander that fell in love with a white walker woman - in the books. Obvs in the show he was created by the children of the forest
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Not to mention the squeeky voice compared a deeper more manly one
    Dunno I only saw her do it the once when she killed Walder Frey

Even then she took off the mask so he could see her and didnt see her shrink back down to size
  • Sponsored links:

• Think you're being a wee bit picky now! 
  • There are female white walkers in the books, just not in the show. Iirc the night king was a night’s watch lord commander that fell in love with a white walker woman - in the books. Obvs in the show he was created by the children of the forest
    He was the Nights king as opposed to the night king, appreciate I'm splitting hairs 
  • Will we see a white walker hodor? I hope so.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Think you're being a wee bit picky now! 
    Dont get me started on Dragons and White Walkers... What do they think this is, some bloody fantasy?? ;)
  • Has the revived Jon Snow had a run in with fire yet though? Food for thought  ;)
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Not to mention the squeeky voice compared a deeper more manly one
    Did Jaqen H'ghar have black hands when he was that black guy who wouldn't let her in the training house?
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Just had a thought... Is Bronn going to turn up and save Jamie or Tyrion with the crossbow?
    I think he will be killed before trying to kill Jamie and Tyrion and confess Cersei’s plan which will completely turn them against her once and for all
  • edited April 2019
    Carter said:
    There are female white walkers in the books, just not in the show. Iirc the night king was a night’s watch lord commander that fell in love with a white walker woman - in the books. Obvs in the show he was created by the children of the forest
    He was the Nights king as opposed to the night king, appreciate I'm splitting hairs 
    The Night King 
    - Leader of White Walkers, grand commander of the the wights. 
    - Potentially the first White Walker
    - Created by COTF ramming dragonglass into his heart against a weirwood tree. Between 10,000-12,000 years before GOT

The Night's King 
    - Never seen in the books (Yet, however is not believed to be Immortal)
    - 13th Lord Commander of The Night's Watch
    - Alive 8000 years before GOT (Allegedly)
    - Fell in love with either a female White Walker or just a random blue eyed chick (see Jon falling in love with Ygritte)
    - Married blue eyed woman and became Night's King with her the Night's Queen.
    - They ruled over the wall for 13 years
    - Killed by a Wildling King who sided with a Stark King

In ASOIAF The Night King doesn't exist yet. 

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR Martin said 'The Night's King, in the books he is a legendary figure akin to Lann the Clever or Brandon the Builder, and no more likely to have survived to present day than they have."

It seems the Night King and the Night's King are different characters that even possibly co-existed at a time. Most Likely the Night's King and Queen were just mythical figures such as Hercules etc.

The Night King could well have just been named as a result of their undead similarity by those in the GOT timeline or it's just a completely separate story. We won't know until GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR Martin finally finishes his books.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    Carter said:
    There are female white walkers in the books, just not in the show. Iirc the night king was a night’s watch lord commander that fell in love with a white walker woman - in the books. Obvs in the show he was created by the children of the forest
    The Night King 
    - Leader of White Walkers, grand commander of the the wights. 
    - Potentially the first White Walker
    - Created by COTF ramming dragonglass into his heart against a weirwood tree. Between 10,000-12,000 years before GOT

The Night's King 
    - Never seen in the books (Yet, however is not believed to be Immortal)
    - 13th Lord Commander of The Night's Watch
    - Alive 8000 years before GOT (Allegedly)
    - Fell in love with either a female White Walker or just a random blue eyed chick (see Jon falling in love with Ygritte)
    - Married blue eyed woman and became Night's King with her the Night's Queen.
    - They ruled over the wall for 13 years
    - Killed by a Wildling King who sided with a Stark King

In ASOIAF The Night King doesn't exist yet. 

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR Martin said 'The Night's King, in the books he is a legendary figure akin to Lann the Clever or Brandon the Builder, and no more likely to have survived to present day than they have."

It seems the Night King and the Night's King are different characters that even possibly co-existed at a time. Most Likely the Night's King and Queen were just mythical figures such as Hercules etc.

The Night King could well have just been named as a result of their undead similarity by those in the GOT timeline or it's just a completely separate story. We won't know until GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR Martin finally finishes his books.
    I don’t think there is a hope in hell he will finish the books before he pops his clogs
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Carter said:
    Stuff and Things
    I don’t think there is a hope in hell he will finish the books before he pops his clogs
    Fortunately he has apparently given steer to the publishers on the planned ending of the books. However he has also stated he doesn't want anyone finishing his legacy! 

• edited April 2019
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Carter said:
    Stuff and Things
    Fortunately he has apparently given steer to the publishers on the planned ending of the books. However he has also stated he doesn't want anyone finishing his legacy! 

Selfish neckbeard pig
  • Carter said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Carter said:
    Stuff and Things

Selfish neckbeard pig

I think he'll finish 'em...The next book is going to be huge as he's not splitting them out again and will have to cover a hell of a lot. I reckon it'll come out sometime next year, with the last following a couple of years after. I'd be surprised if a lot of the last isn't drafted up and he's taking an age on this as he needs to get every little thing in place for it. The book has so many more storylines that the show either barely touched on or completely dropped that must contribute towards the end game, otherwise why bother? I'd be amazed if TWOW isn't far off 1,500 pages.
  • cafcpolo said:
    Carter said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Carter said:
    Stuff and Things

Selfish neckbeard pig

I think he'll finish 'em...The next book is going to be huge as he's not splitting them out again and will have to cover a hell of a lot. I reckon it'll come out sometime next year, with the last following a couple of years after. I'd be surprised if a lot of the last isn't drafted up and he's taking an age on this as he needs to get every little thing in place for it. The book has so many more storylines that the show either barely touched on or completely dropped that must contribute towards the end game, otherwise why bother? I'd be amazed if TWOW isn't far off 1,500 pages.
    If he does finish the book, I'd be surprised if it has the same ending as the TV series.
  • It will be a different path to a similar ending.
  • Cersei wins, every other ending is Hollywood!
  • Cersei wins, every other ending is Hollywood!
    Thrones IS Hollywood. People thought it wasn’t cos of the Red Wedding. But that was a ‘supreme ordeal’ that affected the real heroes. The show was never about Robb’s path. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    It will be a different path to a similar ending.
    A lot of different paths.  Would love to see him finish them.  Catelyn Stark and the young Griff to name but two 
  • cabbles said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    It will be a different path to a similar ending.
    A lot of different paths.  Would love to see him finish them.  Catelyn Stark and the young Griff to name but two 
    Ahhhh, the true heir, not that bastard imposter Jon Snow!