Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Game of Thrones

Comments

• I just want to know how Sam survived. To me that just felt like bad writing. They had an opportunity to stick him in the crypts and have his heroic moment but instead opted to have him kill 50 or so wights, being dead to rights almost every time.
  • I hope Ghost is still alive! 
  • edited April 2019
    Dazzler21 said:
    Will we ever find out what the Night King actually wanted or do we have to rely on the final books for that?
    We found out the other week from Bran, he wanted an endless night. Rid the world of living beings and it's past. The key to erasing the past / memories of it in his mind was Bran.
  • cafcpolo said:
    I hope Ghost is still alive! 
    He is in the trailer for the next episode that was shown after. 
  • Dizzle said:
    Remember that in the books there is no Night King or White Walkers etc. There is nothing to go on, it’s a completely made up story line for the show. 

White Walkers are also known as the others in the books, they certainly do also exist there.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Dizzle said:
    Remember that in the books there is no Night King or White Walkers etc. There is nothing to go on, it’s a completely made up story line for the show. 

White Walkers are also known as the others in the books, they certainly do also exist there.
    Yeah my bad. Was getting carried away and confusing myself
  • cafcpolo said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Will we ever find out what the Night King actually wanted or do we have to rely on the final books for that?
    We found out the other week from Bran, he wanted an endless night. Rid the world of living beings and it's past. The key to erasing the past / memories of it in his mind was Bran.
    That's not what the white Walkers/others really want. I took that to be the 3ER just being a bit arrogant.

Will have to see if the books explain it.
  • edited April 2019
    Watched it again on the bigger TV for better quality and to my surprise it is still just as dark and I enjoyed it less. Might be overthinking it now but I can see this being a very anti climatic end. I can't be alone in not wanting it to end in a typical good Vs evil fashion and none of the big/good characters die? 

Only enjoyable scene on the rewatch was the Arya moments, the plot armour on the main characters is getting ridiculous, fighting off 10 wight walkers or more? What made GoT so enjoyable for me originally was everyone was vulnerable and no one had their ridiculous hero moments. I am banking of Tyrion or Jaimie to back stab in Kings Landing to get the old Game of Thrones back.
  • Watched it again on the bigger TV for better quality and to my surprise it is still just as dark and I enjoyed it less. Might be overthinking it now but I can see this being a very anti climatic end. I can't be alone in not wanting it to end in a typical good Vs evil fashion and none of the big/good characters die? 

Only enjoyable scene on the rewatch was the Arya moments, the plot armour on the main characters is getting ridiculous, fighting off 10 wight walkers or more? What made GoT so enjoyable for me originally was everyone was vulnerable and no one had their ridiculous hero moments. I am banking of Tyrion or Jaimie to back stab in Kings Landing to get the old Game of Thrones back.
    Isn’t that what exactly what happened with the Night King dying(?) the way he did?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2019
    WSS said:
    Watched it again on the bigger TV for better quality and to my surprise it is still just as dark and I enjoyed it less. Might be overthinking it now but I can see this being a very anti climatic end. I can't be alone in not wanting it to end in a typical good Vs evil fashion and none of the big/good characters die? 

Isn’t that what exactly what happened with the Night King dying(?) the way he did?
    No imo because you knew at that moment he was going to die, it was the only way the episode was ending to save everyone. The way Arya killed him was the surprise. Plus he is the bad guy, I am talking about when they didn't care about killing off a fan favourite, seems like without the books the creativity isn't there. 

All I am saying is if you take it for what it is turning into, typical Hollywood drama then yeah it tops the food chain, but that's not what got me into Game of Thrones is all 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    cafcpolo said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    That's not what the white Walkers/others really want. I took that to be the 3ER just being a bit arrogant.

Will have to see if the books explain it.
    Maybe, but the walkers were created by the children of the forest to help them take out the first men. Still could be "programmed" into them to do just that. 
  • It was very cinematic.

I hope the final....is a huge unexpected and unpredictable climax.

It can't just be the good v the bad....and then the good just about win at the final hurdle....after all appears to be lost.

That would be way too typical.

I don't expect that either.
  • Just re watched it and it was pretty amazing and I enjoyed it more.

I fiddled my TV settings which helped but I think the goal was to make it all feel so chaotic which it did fantastically.

Recommend a watch of this to see what went into it:

https://youtu.be/_3M0Xt97aFI
  • In the process of watching it now

Whoever wrote the speaking parts for this episode surely had the hardest task of the lot!!... Shall I gwt Jon to say Argghh; Urghhh or Ohhhh
  • In all honesty we havent seen enough of the aftermath to know exactly who survived or to truly know what will happen next. Im sure the next episode with have much more context and maybe Bran will explain more about his involvement with the night king
  • Was a great battle but there have definitely been better episodes in GOT - Did like how the Dothraki were just wiped out in an instant as made you realise what was going to come in the rest of the hour

Next episode will be really interesting; will Bran reveal anything about the Night King? (You'd hope so else the character has been beyond boring) - Also to see who has survived i.e. Does Dany have much of an army to now take on Cersei?

The cinematogrophy for the scene when the Night King is absolutely brilliant though I'll give it that
  • Fantastic TV. Where do they go from here though for the final three eps? 
  • edited April 2019
    4.Recovery & Mourning
    5. Planning & Who is King/Queen of the North?
    6.Execution & Final battle.
  • That was incredible. In some way, these epic battles are almost like a special in the series. I’m fully expecting the last few episodes to have a lot of double crossing and shock deaths as the threat of the Night King has passed. It’s every man, or woman, for themselves now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Wow . What an episode. Just watched it and it has to be up there with anything ever done on TV. 
    I don’t want it to end .
  • Just rewatched the big ending again. The knife she uses, is that the one that was used in the attempted assassination of Bran back in series 1? I seem to remember they said way back then that it was valerian steel. 
  • Just rewatched the big ending again. The knife she uses, is that the one that was used in the attempted assassination of Bran back in series 1? I seem to remember they said way back then that it was valerian steel. 
    Yep

Also was the diagram in the book about Valerion steel at the citadel.
    Yes. Although I thought she gave it to Sansa. 
  • cafcpolo said:
    Just rewatched the big ending again. The knife she uses, is that the one that was used in the attempted assassination of Bran back in series 1? I seem to remember they said way back then that it was valerian steel. 
    Wasn't the knife made of dragon glass?
  • cafcpolo said:
    Just rewatched the big ending again. The knife she uses, is that the one that was used in the attempted assassination of Bran back in series 1? I seem to remember they said way back then that it was valerian steel. 
    Wasn't the knife made of dragon glass?
    Yes I think so. 
  • So did anyone see it coming? When I look
    back Melisandre drops and almighty great hint halfway through but in all the chaos I kind of forgot about Arya, then up she pops. The writers certainly threw me well off the scent.