Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Game of Thrones

Comments

• That was pukka. Top quality. I didn't notice a white walker hodor though :(

• Oh dear...  They 'Snoked'' the Night King with appear out of nowhere Arya and now we've got three more episodes of ''what's the point?"

• edited April 2019
    So did anyone see it coming? When I look
    back Melisandre drops and almighty great hint halfway through but in all the chaos I kind of forgot about Arya, then up she pops. The writers certainly threw me well off the scent. 
    I thought she'd kill a WW but hadn't put two and two together at all - thought Jon was going to get to the Godswood.  Loved it as an ending to the NK.  Arya has wicked skills.

The first 20mins was so dark it drove me crazy but the dothraki horde bit was amazing.  From then on it was so tense.

Not perfect, and I don't agree it was the best episode ever.  But tense and dramatic definitely.
  • Redonk 
  • I’d like Arya to take the face of the Night King and smash Cercys and Bran into a spin off series no one will ever watch. 

• Just been made aware that the Arya knife scene has been copied from the video game far cry 

https://youtu.be/GDXMP8RPJJE

3:25 onwards

• My bold predictions. 

Bran is true evil, The Night King was trying to protect the realm from the true evil. I base this on nothing other than that he is a creepy fucker and he didn't warn Theon that he didn't need to die.

Second bold prediction, Jaime or Tyrion will betray Dany and join back with Cersei.

I also backed Varys at 33/1 to be the last voice you hear in GoT, thought it looked good value 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2019
    The whole darkness thing was definitely deliberate on the directors part. I switched all the lights off in the house and tweaked my TV settings just a smidge and I thought it was very effective. They were fighting in the dark and in a blizzard. They couldn’t really see what they were doing properly unless it was right in front of them and neither could we. That was surely the whole point.

As for the plot armour, they did kill half a dozen well liked characters. True none of the really majors died but there are three episodes to go yet. Judge it when’s it done, but also accept it’s been one of the greatest ever TV shows, ending it will be very hard so a certain amount of let down is a possibility. It doesn’t change how fantastic it has been to this point. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have read an excellent article elsewhere that it was deliberately shown in 'darkness mode', though there is also an issue with the way that it is streamed that affects the picture quality, and adds to the darkness.

The reason for the darkness is that the Director is trying to get you to feel what it would be like in the battle itself, which is why there were so many close ups of the bloke that looks like Dean Headley in the un-sullied.

Thought that it worked well, and also feel that in terms of the storyline you have to give the writers a bit of leeway. When all is said and done, this is all straight from the D&D world, and if you are going to buy into dragons and witches, then you also have to believe that Jonny Snow can fight his way through 500 fighting corpses!

On another note, it is growing increasingly hard to define the fittest bird if GOT - for years it would have been Danaerys, but i have to say that Sansa is coming up fast on the outside, and the nurse that had it away with Rob Stark in S2 is also still a strong candidate!
  • Missed It said:
    Oh dear...  They 'Snoked'' the Night King with appear out of nowhere Arya and now we've got three more episodes of ''what's the point?"

Can’t believe comments like this after possibly the best episode of arguably the best tv series ever. I suggest you don’t watch the final three episodes. 
    Surely people are allowed to think something different to you without the whole “don’t bother watching it anymore” stuff?
  • The whole darkness thing was definitely deliberate on the directors part. I switched all the lights off in the house and tweaked my TV settings just a smidge and I thought it was very effective. They were fighting in the dark and in a blizzard. They couldn’t really see what they were doing properly unless it was right in front of them and neither could we. That was surely the whole point.

As for the plot armour, they did kill half a dozen well liked characters. True none of the really majors died but there are three episodes to go yet. Judge it when’s it done, but also accept it’s been one of the greatest ever TV shows, ending it will be very hard so a certain amount of let down is a possibility. It doesn’t change how fantastic it has been to this point. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have read an excellent article elsewhere that it was deliberately shown in 'darkness mode', though there is also an issue with the way that it is streamed that affects the picture quality, and adds to the darkness.

The reason for the darkness is that the Director is trying to get you to feel what it would be like in the battle itself, which is why there were so many close ups of the bloke that looks like Dean Headley in the un-sullied.

Thought that it worked well, and also feel that in terms of the storyline you have to give the writers a bit of leeway. When all is said and done, this is all straight from the D&D world, and if you are going to buy into dragons and witches, then you also have to believe that Jonny Snow can fight his way through 500 fighting corpses!

On another note, it is growing increasingly hard to define the fittest bird if GOT - for years it would have been Danaerys, but i have to say that Sansa is coming up fast on the outside, and the nurse that had it away with Rob Stark in S2 is also still a strong candidate!
    Margaery Tyrell.
  • The whole darkness thing was definitely deliberate on the directors part. I switched all the lights off in the house and tweaked my TV settings just a smidge and I thought it was very effective. They were fighting in the dark and in a blizzard. They couldn’t really see what they were doing properly unless it was right in front of them and neither could we. That was surely the whole point.

Margaery Tyrell.
    I am properly infatuated with the young lady from Naarth, she can whisper sweet nothings in lots of languages as well.
  • Margaery Tyrell.
    This. No other contender.
  • I think the whole thing is great, what other TV makes you come up with so many theories that will prove to be wrong.

My latest one is why did Bran warg away for so long?  Was it to become the crows or was that the NK as birds have heralded his or white walkers arrival before.  Even if Bran did warg into the birds, why did he do it as he obviously knew what would occur as he seemingly had it all laid out.  So I say again why did he warg away for so long?  I am starting to think along the lines of their being a much stronger link between the NK and Bran.  Or even that the three eyed raven was linked to the Children of the Forest who were at war with man, so maybe the NK sole purpose was the destruction of the Children, who created him, and the 3 eyed raven.
  • I think Bran warged cos he was watching the battle and because he had nothing else to do. 
  • JiMMy 85 said:
    I think Bran warged cos he was watching the battle and because he had nothing else to do. 
    He wanted to see the epic battle choreography and the longest battle scene in TV and cinema history in the way it was intended.
  • edited April 2019
    Missed It said:
    Oh dear...  They 'Snoked'' the Night King with appear out of nowhere Arya and now we've got three more episodes of ''what's the point?"

The NK/Army of the dead story line was the weakest part of GOT for me, now we are back to the political back stabbing and double crossing which made it such an epic series in the first place. Massively looking forward to the last 3 episodes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    JiMMy 85 said:
    I think Bran warged cos he was watching the battle and because he had nothing else to do. 
    He wanted to see the epic battle choreography and the longest battle scene in TV and cinema history in the way it was intended.
    Then he decided he couldn't see much because it was too dark and came back.
  • Epic, gripping telly.

Stumped as why they sacrificed all the people at the start though. Why didn't they just deploy the 2 fire breathing dragons to annihilate the walker army before a sword was drawn?
  • se9addick said:
    Missed It said:

Can’t believe comments like this after possibly the best episode of arguably the best tv series ever. I suggest you don’t watch the final three episodes. 
    Surely people are allowed to think something different to you without the whole “don’t bother watching it anymore” stuff?
    Agree. But it wasn’t me that wrote “what’s the point”.
  • What makes it so bad for me was the fact that the Army that fought the Dead didnt really need Cersei after all

i.e. Bet she's back at Kings Landing thinking to herself that she made the right call in staying back (I guess not because she'll now deal with the wrath of betraying the others by staying at KL) but at the same time it feels cheap that they had this big: "we need everyone" council but ultimately; didnt need everyone

Think it would have been better to deal with Cersei first and then have a combined army to deal with the Night King slowly advancing on Kings Landing rather than Winterfell
  • I did think that if Cersei had just agreed to the offered ceasefire rather than promising to join them, then gathered the Golden Company in secret, she'd currently be in the same position but able to pretend she was all nice and reasonable etc.
  • cfgs said:
    The whole darkness thing was definitely deliberate on the directors part. I switched all the lights off in the house and tweaked my TV settings just a smidge and I thought it was very effective. They were fighting in the dark and in a blizzard. They couldn’t really see what they were doing properly unless it was right in front of them and neither could we. That was surely the whole point.

Margaery Tyrell.
    I am properly infatuated with the young lady from Naarth, she can whisper sweet nothings in lots of languages as well.
    yeah, Missandei just edges it over Margaery for me though I have changed my mind a few times 
  • Missed It said:

Don't bother then mate, sit them out.  :)
  • My biggest grievance with the Night King and the whole plotline around him is that he's not a character, he's a plot device. He's a walking, non-talking, reset button to stop the unstoppable army. No personality, no real motivation of his own (just that of his creators). No real personal connection with any other character except the one (Bran) even more boring than he is. So while it's a great moment for Arya as a character to be the one to kill him, it really doesn't feel as big a deal as it should to me.
    Plus the sheer number of times we had characters who would have died in pretty much any other season in the same situation only to make it out alive (multiple times, in one episode) kind of ruined some of the drama to me as well. So many nameless extras die in the crypts but not a single Named character, even though they are down there because they can't actually fight? 
    Good cinematography, well shot, epic stuff from a visual perspective, but story wise it was kind of... eh.