Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Game of Thrones

Comments

• Options
    @NapaAddick

Bran seem superfluous to the plot going forward but that too seems unlikely to me. 
    Yeah definitely interested to see how Bran is employed in the story from here. 

I'm surprised at how excited I am to see what happens next. I would have thought I'd be less excited after the death of TNK, but as others have said, we're returning to the back-stabbing and skullduggery of the pre-TNK times. I think it's going to be a bit less predictable from here. 
  • Options
    I think the thing that may do for Cersei is underestimating the enemy.
    When she got word that the Night King was approaching Winterfell, she said “Good.” My reaction to this was that she doesn’t know what she’s up against.
    Apart from seeing that crappy zombie last season, she still doesn’t really know anything about the Night King and his army and lacks any understanding of how much of a threat the undead forces were.

As it turned out, the living won, so she got her wish of a depleted northern force, but she showed a serious underestimation of what may have been ahead, so I think this attitude will continue and may be her undoing.
    Apart from anything else, the northerners won’t fear any living foe after what they’ve just survived. Not even an army of double-hard mercenaries.
  • Options
    When she got word that the Night King was approaching Winterfell, she said “Good.” My reaction to this was that she doesn’t know what she’s up against.
    Apart from seeing that crappy zombie last season, she still doesn’t really know anything about the Night King and his army and lacks any understanding of how much of a threat the undead forces were.

As it turned out, the living won, so she got her wish of a depleted northern force, but she showed a serious underestimation of what may have been ahead, so I think this attitude will continue and may be her undoing.
    Apart from anything else, the northerners won’t fear any living foe after what they’ve just survived. Not even an army of double-hard mercenaries.
    The Lannister’s strength doesn’t come from their fighting really, it comes from their political nous. Tywins biggest victory wasn’t a battle, but the Red Wedding, Cersei’s was blowing up the Sept.

One of two things will happen. Cersei will attempt another betrayal and win (which would be ridiculous at this point after how she screwed them over last episode) 

Or she will meet them in the field and lose. I’m pretty sure she’s dead either way.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    @NapaAddick

Jon saved Dany and Dany saved Jon. Both fought an Ariel battle with the Night King and various hand to hand combats. 
    Image result for Ariel little mermaid
  • Options
    He knows it wasn't too dark because he shot it and you should have turned up the brightness on your controls. Huh ?

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainment/tv/game-of-thrones-cinematographer-its-not-me-its-your-tv-settings/ar-AAAL0es?li=BBoPWjQ
  • Options
    The first fifteen minutes were so intense, with all the soldiers standing around waiting, I felt a bit sick. 

I can understand people feeling like it was an anti-climax, but that's because it wasn't the climax. Seemed obvious when the battle was coming in only the 3rd episode that the white walker part of the story was going to be over fast. Much more to come. 

My only real problem with the episode was the last 20 minutes, where it seemed as though there were 6 people fighting off 50,000 zombies. And why was Jon screaming at the dragon? 

There were still some Lords who didn't join the fight at Winterfell so there may be some remnants of an army left. 
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    I actually found it fine when I re-watched, backlight down, brightness up a bit and it was easily watchable. 
  • Options
    I thought the darkness worked really well and certainly added an edge to the episode, but I downloaded it in 1080p and watched it on an awesome TV, I can see why it would have sucked if you were streaming it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I thought the darkness worked really well and certainly added an edge to the episode, but I downloaded it in 1080p and watched it on an awesome TV, I can see why it would have sucked if you were streaming it.
    I watched it on a 50" Samsung (2013) and it was unwatchable. Second time I watched it on a newer Panasonic and it looked much better. None of it showed the detail that allowed me to see this though: https://indie88.com/game-of-thrones-fan-lightens-dragon-battle-scene-after-complaints-that-the-episode-was-too-dark/

Chunes said:
    My only real problem with the episode was the last 20 minutes, where it seemed as though there were 6 people fighting off 50,000 zombies. And why was Jon screaming at the dragon? 

I think the idea of that sequence was to show that each of the key characters was about to die (along with all the others). They were being swamped and it was the last possible moment. Jon had given up and was ready to die. It was more artistic than literal in a way I think. But I think as a result a lot of people were unhappy with the 'plot armour' outcome it provided. 
  • Options

Re: Cersai and her army, this could be alot more because she was talking to the Iron Bank after the negotiations, so i have a feeling it will be larger than expected (although i am not sure where they would come from) 

The lighting didn't really bother me, both when it was first aired and rewatched, watched at 2am and during the day with the curtains closed. It was dark but intentional, i had no issues with it though. 
  • Options

Re: Cersai and her army, this could be alot more because she was talking to the Iron Bank after the negotiations, so i have a feeling it will be larger than expected (although i am not sure where they would come from) 

The lighting didn't really bother me, both when it was first aired and rewatched, watched at 2am and during the day with the curtains closed. It was dark but intentional, i had no issues with it though. 
    The darkness is fine. It's just that at least one of my TVs cannot handle the blacks, and you get this pixelated, blocky, odd-coloured mesh of blocks instead of true black. Which then distorts the part of the image you ARE supposed to be able to see. 
  • Options
    I think Cersei is going to die, it's just a question of who does it:
    Jamie turns from King Slayer to Queen Slayer
    Tyrion kills her before she gets her wish to kill him
    Ayra (most likely disguised as Jamie) does it

I'm still not clear on what part Bran is going to take, for he certainly is going to be pivotal somehow
  • Options
    Darkness aside, did anybody else notice some weird effects during some battle scenes? I don't know if they changed the frame rate in some parts, at times it looked more like a video game and people's movements, particularly running, seemed strangely speeded up.  I found it quite jarring to watch at times
  • Options
    One theory for why Jon was screaming at the dragon...

http://www.ladbible.com/entertainment/film-and-tv-game-of-thrones-theory-suggests-jon-helped-arya-kill-the-night-king-20190501

I’d have to watch the episode back to see if I agree or not though.
  • Options

http://www.ladbible.com/entertainment/film-and-tv-game-of-thrones-theory-suggests-jon-helped-arya-kill-the-night-king-20190501

Solid theory, I think it’s a little far fetched though.

What would make more sense is if this distracted the White Walkers, but was unintentional from Jon.

He is the type of character who always seems to fluke his way to the top. Accidentally distracting a dragon in an act of suicide would be the most Jon way to help out ever.
  • Options

That would require a lot of detailed collusion between JS and Arya that could only have taken place within minutes of the slaying of the NK. John was trapped behind the rock pinned down by the dragon. Sorry. Not buying it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I did enjoy the episode for the excellent bit of tv it was but think it took away from a lot of the storylines previously. My issues with it,

I I expected a fight sequence with at least 1 WW a la Hardome.

what was the point of Jons storyline: Lyanna Stark-Rhaegar union, Azor ahai and tptwp - it all seems for nothing. Jon's story was the battle with white walkers and he basically did nothing.

Is Bran the most pointless character ever? I don't understand his use. He did nothing in the battle apart from warg into some ravens. 

We are introduced to the WW's in the first episode. 8 seasons of us being told how much of a threat they are etc and they make it as far as winterfell. The night king loses his first real battle. 

• Options
    The prophecy was that someone would be the one to stop the White Walkers, it was never specifically that he would personally kill the Night King. Jon is ultimately responsible for the army of the North being there to fight the Walkers, his choices lead to two dragons being there too so regardless of his being the one to deliver the killing blow you can argue he did fulfil the prophecy in a roundabout way.
  • Options
    Is ‘warg’ one of the most annoying words ever?
  • Options
    The word 'warg' doesn't really bother me.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    The prophecy was that someone would be the one to stop the White Walkers, it was never specifically that he would personally kill the Night King. Jon is ultimately responsible for the army of the North being there to fight the Walkers, his choices lead to two dragons being there too so regardless of his being the one to deliver the killing blow you can argue he did fulfil the prophecy in a roundabout way.
    or simply that he helped to fulfil the prophecy
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    The word 'warg' doesn't really bother me.
    That’s just warg play 
  • Options
    I believe (because I literally just googled it) that the word 'Warg' is an anglicised version of the word 'Vargar' which is from Norse mythology.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    I believe (because I literally just googled it) that the word 'Warg' is an anglicised version of the word 'Vargar' which is from Norse mythology.

cool story bro :P