Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Game of Thrones

Comments

• Dazzler21 said:
    Will we ever find out what the Night King actually wanted or do we have to rely on the final books for that?
    This is on my mind too.
  • Surely it wasn't just to kill the last three eyed raven?

He built up too large of an army for it to be that.
  • https://youtu.be/fE50xrnJnR8. This explains the Night King for those who missed parts in seasons gone by
  • SamB09 said:
    Those dothraki are a bit silly eh?
    Visually, the scene where their flaming swords disappeared in the night was one of the best/scariest/coolest/stylistic things I've ever seen on TV.

It really was phenomenal directing and one of a few real 'wow' moments in the episode. On balance it was a good watch, but for me, the Director's brilliance covers up an average screenplay.

Really hoping with 5 episodes remaining that the scheming, the politics and the ruthlessness returns and it's not just a build up and filler to one final showdown in Westeros.
  • I think that was amazing not what I expected though as characters that I expected to die made it through unscathed.  

The bit where one of the characters used one of the others to block a sword thrust and then mourned when they died, was a bit much.  Some people eh.
  • My heart is still racing
  • I’m not complaining about the episode, but the file that Sky showed appeared to be abysmal quality, not sure it would even qualify as HD. Will have another look on my other TV today but there was a lot I missed cos of the pixelation. 
  • JiMMy 85 said:
    I’m not complaining about the episode, but the file that Sky showed appeared to be abysmal quality, not sure it would even qualify as HD. Will have another look on my other TV today but there was a lot I missed cos of the pixelation. 
    Maybe worth downloading the file or pausing at the start? Could be band width etc. 
  • Sponsored links:

• JiMMy 85 said:
    I’m not complaining about the episode, but the file that Sky showed appeared to be abysmal quality, not sure it would even qualify as HD. Will have another look on my other TV today but there was a lot I missed cos of the pixelation. 
    That must have really sucked, glad I went for the 1080p version,
  • Arya fucking Stark get in! 
  • I'm glad they've got rid of the dead.  Crap characters, limited back story in the TV show, no dialogue - absolutely pointless.

Hopefully Bran wanders back into a tree now as well as he seems as equally pointless.
  • It was a good episode but I have to say, it's left a lot of question marks.

Why could the Night King withstand the dragon fire? Why was the Night Kings sword wrapped up? Why was the Night King so intent on going for Bran? 

I think the show is gonna go a bit crazy from here on out, don't be surprised to see some form of time travel or something similar. There is simply no way they just roll up to kings landing and have another fight and that's it. Would be a massive let down for all that build up. I am still pretty surprised the night king is done already. I liked that it was Arya who did the job, she is my favourite character but that's been the build up since the first episode and the end of him just seems pretty tame. Basically a zombie when it was all said and done. 

What I was hoping was there would be a big reveal that Bran is somehow connected with the King and they would have gone from there.

Cracking episode just a bit of a disappointment that a character who seemed so mysterious is gone just like that, similar to supreme leader snoke in Star Wars.
  • SamB09 said:
    Visually, the scene where their flaming swords disappeared in the night was one of the best/scariest/coolest/stylistic things I've ever seen on TV.

It really was phenomenal directing and one of a few real 'wow' moments in the episode. On balance it was a good watch, but for me, the Director's brilliance covers up an average screenplay.

Really hoping with 5 episodes remaining that the scheming, the politics and the ruthlessness returns and it's not just a build up and filler to one final showdown in Westeros.

I'm afraid you're going to be very disappointed when you're waiting for the last 2 of those 5

JiMMy 85 said:

The now tv file was terrible too, some of the dragon scenes were barely watchable

It was still amazing though and I'll watch again later, maybe it'll be better when less people are trying to access it at the same time

• rina said:
    SamB09 said:

I'm afraid you're going to be very disappointed when you're waiting for the last 2 of those 5

JiMMy 85 said:

The now tv file was terrible too, some of the dragon scenes were barely watchable

It was still amazing though and I'll watch again later, maybe it'll be better when less people are trying to access it at the same time

we started watching it on the TV in the bedroom and thought the dark bits looked a bit, piratey 

Downstairs TV was absolutely magical picture quality. Visually this episode was perfect 
  • Carter said:
    rina said:
    SamB09 said:

JiMMy 85 said:

we started watching it on the TV in the bedroom and thought the dark bits looked a bit, piratey 

Downstairs TV was absolutely magical picture quality. Visually this episode was perfect 
    piratey's a good word for it, it definitely looked like we had a dodgy stream. seemed to improve when we exited and restarted though
  • edited April 2019
    2 am then straight to work

No Pixel issues just pure brilliance from start to finish i know its fantasy not real so i dont care how sometimes ots unrealistic it was totally and utterly awe inspiring television hats off to everyone involved from Tea lady to leading lady

cant wait to watch it again tonight without the heart racing pule banging tension 

GOT best TV ever 
  • Already watched it twice, amazing TV.

Might have to go for round 3 on Sunday night.
  • Sponsored links:

• I'll be re-watching tonight once the little monster goes to sleep.

I loved it. Just the way the NK died felt a bit rushed.
  • I think the best part is how much there was to digest. It was a slow open but by about the 20th minute I had absolutely no idea who was alive and what was happening.

I think every character had at least one ‘oh shit they’re dead’ moment.

• It was a good episode but I have to say, it's left a lot of question marks.

Why could the Night King withstand the dragon fire? Why was the Night Kings sword wrapped up? Why was the Night King so intent on going for Bran? 

I think the show is gonna go a bit crazy from here on out, don't be surprised to see some form of time travel or something similar. There is simply no way they just roll up to kings landing and have another fight and that's it. Would be a massive let down for all that build up. I am still pretty surprised the night king is done already. I liked that it was Arya who did the job, she is my favourite character but that's been the build up since the first episode and the end of him just seems pretty tame. Basically a zombie when it was all said and done. 

What I was hoping was there would be a big reveal that Bran is somehow connected with the King and they would have gone from there.

Cracking episode just a bit of a disappointment that a character who seemed so mysterious is gone just like that, similar to supreme leader snoke in Star Wars.
    It was just the Night Kings handle that was wrapped up. The rest was an ice sword I think 
  • What a episode. Best one yet! Stayed up and did not disappoint now looking forward to rewatching it. Will be hard to beat in last few episodes but I'm enjoying it so much shame it will be the last ever. Hopefully they do a spin off with the knight king so we find out more about his build up/plan. 
  • Remember that in the books there is no Night King or White Walkers etc. There is nothing to go on, it’s a completely made up story line for the show. 
  • edited April 2019
    I think it may have felt underwhelming for some because you spent all episode thinking “oh shit Jon’s dead ... oh shit Dany’s dead ... oh shit they’re all dead in the crypts ...” etc and they all survive, meanwhile the first time anyone gets close to the Night King, he’s gone.

Main characters aren’t meant to survive impossible situations in this show but it’s been happening since Arya tried to leave the faceless men so I’m not surprised and am just enjoying it for what it is.
  • edited April 2019
    No Night King but the White Walkers do exist in the books, they just go by a different name.

Arya Stark: Night King Slayer. Have some of that Jamie!

Three episodes to wrap up the army of the dead, three episodes to see who will win the game of thrones. What a fckn episode that was. Pure genius.