Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bulot & Buyens - What are our chances on keeping them?

Comments

• Options

Buyens has amazingly not been booked for several games now, I've been expecting his 10th booking, and a 2 match ban, for some time now but he's managed to avoid it. Maybe that's Luzon's effect?

I think he has got until the 2nd Sunday in April, not to get his 10th booking
  • Options
    I would keep both if possible. Personally I think Buyens is one of the best passers of the ball we've had in a long time even if he doesn't win tackles that's what Cousins is there for and they seem to have forged a good partnership together it would be a shame to have to re-address this in the summer although I would be happy for Diarra to be kept on and played alongside Cousins.

Liege themselves have probably moved on and would prefer to bring in fresh blood from outside the network rather than have Bulot and Buyens back. If RD's view on loaning players out also applies to Liege then I can't see Bulot in particular returning to Liege. After all would we want Tucudean, Reza or Nego back from any of there loans so maybe the same logic applies there.

That said I could see the case for them taking Buyens back but he's probably more likely to leave for a new club outside of the network.

• Options
    ross1 said:

Buyens has amazingly not been booked for several games now, I've been expecting his 10th booking, and a 2 match ban, for some time now but he's managed to avoid it. Maybe that's Luzon's effect?

I think he has got until the 2nd Sunday in April, not to get his 10th booking
    I remember one season Scott Parker had to go about 2 months to not get his 10th booking and he did it. Think he even went the rest of the season without being booked again.
  • Options
    If Bulot went who would we play on the left?
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

colin1961 said:

Think your looking at least 2/4 mill for each player .......

But its really Roland moving money around the network.. That may well be their market price but in reality we are not paying that as a club. Its just Roly moving his marbles around.
    km said that network transfers were payed through Roland and not the club, so both possible!
    Not heard her say that.

She did say at Bromley that RD sets the fees.

But the clubs still have to include those fees in their budgets. ultimately RD subsidizes the lots but not quite as simple as moving the marbles around.

Bulot has looked good playing on the left.

Peeters wanted us to play with two inverted winger which suited JBG more than Cousins but meant no slot for Freddie.

Now playing in his natural position and in a four four two with runners to pass to he looks much more effective.

Still not convinced about Buyens. Diarra is quality but nearly 34 and more of a defensive player. We need something or someone else to create in the middle or we have two holding players in Cousins and Diarra and look to JBG and FB for the creation. Or maybe Cousins, with Diarra backing him up can be the one to provide from midfield.
  • Options
    edited March 2015

WE could always play Jackson?

Always time for a Jacko debate on Charlton Life, I say! Now - wheres that thread.....

Jokes aside, after what we have seen the last few weeks, that ship may be getting ready to sail.
  • Options
    Jackson's been arriving on the scene two seconds after the ball's gone this season. He showed a decent nearly-half against Brentford, the effort of which crocked him. He's clearly a fantastic coach in the making and while having him on the playing staff clearly has a positive effect on the dressing room I do think he's best suited for the bench as a potential substitute in certain match situations.
  • Options
    The best I have seen him play in recent times was towards the back end of last season when he was in more of a holding role rather than getting in to the opposition box which his legs just can't cope with anymore. Problem is that we have Diarra and Cousins who can do that role. Think it will be irrelevant next season as we need someone to nail down the CM place next to Cousins and it won't be Jacko.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2015

Eagles or JBG.
  • Options

Callum Best. Ainsley Harriott...whatshisface.
  • Options

Eagles or JBG.
    But then who would replace JBG on the right if he was moved to the left?

Keep JBG on the right no need to move him to the left just because he's left footed.
  • Options
    KM said at one of the meetings that Bulot had been expensive but then went on to say that he was very happy here so Im hoping he will stay. When you see Cousins in the centre which we all wanted how did it take so long for him to be played in his proper position.
  • Options

Eagles or JBG.

Keep JBG on the right no need to move him to the left just because he's left footed.
    Eagles.
  • Options

sammy391 said:

colin1961 said:

But its really Roland moving money around the network.. That may well be their market price but in reality we are not paying that as a club. Its just Roly moving his marbles around.
    km said that network transfers were payed through Roland and not the club, so both possible!
    Not heard her say that.

She did say at Bromley that RD sets the fees.

But the clubs still have to include those fees in their budgets. ultimately RD subsidizes the lots but not quite as simple as moving the marbles around.

Bulot has looked good playing on the left.

Peeters wanted us to play with two inverted winger which suited JBG more than Cousins but meant no slot for Freddie.

Now playing in his natural position and in a four four two with runners to pass to he looks much more effective.

Still not convinced about Buyens. Diarra is quality but nearly 34 and more of a defensive player. We need something or someone else to create in the middle or we have two holding players in Cousins and Diarra and look to JBG and FB for the creation. Or maybe Cousins, with Diarra backing him up can be the one to provide from midfield.
    im pretty sure I read on one of the threads about the recent meeting - either Bromley addicks or the other one (cant remember name ) , that the network transfers weren't 'budgeted' as RD 'bought' them - igor was a RD signing not a Charlton one for example...

• Options
    It all depends on whether RD wants to challenge for promotion next season,which he did not this year.
    If he prefers SL then some of our best players may go there rather than the other way round,which would be rational from his point of view but devestating for us.
  • Options
    I could see these being two that we lose tbh. I would have them both as ones I wouldn't mind keeping, but also not on the priority keep list.
  • Options
    edited March 2015

Eagles or JBG.

Eagles.
    Who would replace Eagles on the bench?
  • Options

KM said at one of the meetings that Bulot had been expensive but then went on to say that he was very happy here so Im hoping he will stay. When you see Cousins in the centre which we all wanted how did it take so long for him to be played in his proper position.

Bob was a pisspoor manager.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just read the Buyens article in last weeks Newshopper.

He said nothing close to even hinting he would like to stay, a case of what people do not say being the interesting part.

He won't be at Charlton next season basically.
  • Options
    Southbank said:

It all depends on whether RD wants to challenge for promotion next season,which he did not this year.
    If he prefers SL then some of our best players may go there rather than the other way round,which would be rational from his point of view but devestating for us.

He can't just move players to SL on a whim. The thought of playing in Belgium is unlikely to be enticing to our best players anyway, if someone like JBG was to leave it's far more likely to be to another English club, ditto Cousins or Gomez
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

A couple of lols but nail has been hit on head.

With FFP loss limits doubling next season, the market for top 8 Championship players will inflate. Perhaps 50% or more because the money is there and the prize is the FAPL.

Bulot and Buyens can both do a job in a top eight side ~ we've seen.it for six games at a time. I've just seen a source which suggests these two are both on Liege contracts for another seaso, so maybe we get lucky.

But make no mistake, they are in the shop window along with other high value 22-24 year olds.

For sure Bulot will be expensive to sign up for us but worth every penny because our current front six is the best for eight seasons.
  • Options

If Fulham get relegated again (could happen) maybe Couzins and Parker could be a great centre midfield for us?

Absolutely not! Parker is a busted flush (in addition to being a dick).
  • Options
    Agreed. Great once but past his best now
  • Options

If Fulham get relegated again (could happen) maybe Couzins and Parker could be a great centre midfield for us?

Think Ruiz would be interesting if we went back in for him.
  • Options

You didn't see him absolutely rip us to shreds earlier in the season then?
  • Options
    Would like to keep Bulot, not to bothered about Buyens
  • Options

You didn't see him absolutely rip us to shreds earlier in the season then?
    For about 10 minutes, when we were woeful