Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bulot & Buyens - What are our chances on keeping them?

Comments

• Options
    would sign them both in a heartbeat, I actually don't think we are that far away from an excellent side
  • Options

would sign them both in a heartbeat, I actually don't think we are that far away from an excellent side

agreed, frustratingly though i don't expect Buyans to be here next season.
  • Options
    When Luzon arrived there was an unsubstantiated rumour that he had fallen out with all four players he had coached at Liege. That would have made the appointment a joke as it would destroy value given that Watt, Ben Haim, Bulot and Buyens are four of our best players.

I don't think we need to go into the spin and rumours for each of the above as we will know soon enough who stays at our club. But isn't it great that people are now fretting about Liege loans departing given that 12 months ago the leading narrative was one of us receiving rejects not fit for purpose.

And STVV promotion certainly adds an angle, making it all the more complex to speculate on motivation and ambition. Will Buyens join Lepoint over there?!
  • Options
    I never new lepoint had left when was that
  • Options
    edited April 2015

I never new lepoint had left when was that

Must have been 5.30 on saturday after he did not get on having been named as sub.
  • Options

When Luzon arrived there was an unsubstantiated rumour that he had fallen out with all four players he had coached at Liege. That would have made the appointment a joke as it would destroy value given that Watt, Ben Haim, Bulot and Buyens are four of our best players.

I don't think we need to go into the spin and rumours for each of the above as we will know soon enough who stays at our club. But isn't it great that people are now fretting about Liege loans departing given that 12 months ago the leading narrative was one of us receiving rejects not fit for purpose.

And STVV promotion certainly adds an angle, making it all the more complex to speculate on motivation and ambition. Will Buyens join Lepoint over there?!

TWWW has said many nice things about Luzon in the past, so that bit of the rumour seemed unlikely.
    Would Buyens prefer STVV to Charlton? Unless he wants to go back to Belgium, I wouldn't have thought so as the Belgian league isn't a strong one, and surely he would want to go back to Standard rather than a small team in the first division.
    Lepoint will surely depart though!
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Lepoint to Standard/STVV making way for Buyens on a permanent to the Valley seems like a reasonable outcome. In fact cant see any other reason than to why Lepoint was signed if not to move to Standard/STVV at some point.

Bulot's case is still bit of a mystery. Clearly enjoying playing for us and can still get better as a play i believe. If we loose JBG in the summer that would leave us with Harriot as our only out and out winger. Not sure the club/Roland would allow to fall in to that position, so keep Bulot here?
  • Options
    Over the last five years, we've had a lot of players come and go who have really given their all and put in shifts, but none of them quite have had the grace that Yoni Buyens brings to the side. He can kick a ball from anywhere on the pitch and have it land within a centimetre of a winger's foot. if we lost that, I think we'd soon notice when we're on the break and a less sophisticated player just overhits a ball and it goes out wide.

I cannot see Yoni joining a small team in Belgium. He said himself that the crowds and stadiums were bigger here in England. I get that he might want to play in his domestic league but surely he has to look at how near this team is to being a force in this league and think "I could actually reach the premier league with this lot".
  • Options
    I think if the key players are convinced that next season will see a push for promotion they will stay. So the ball is probably in Duchatelet's court.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Heard from a good source from within the club that it looks very very unlikely that Buyens will re-sign, apparently he wants to go back to Belgium.

Bulot seems much more likely to be here again next season from what I can gather.

We can only wait and see I suppose.

We've a ready made replacement available if that does happen. A young lad at West Ham called Diego Poyet.

Forgive and forget and get him back on a season loan.
  • Options

Heard from a good source from within the club that it looks very very unlikely that Buyens will re-sign, apparently he wants to go back to Belgium.

Bulot seems much more likely to be here again next season from what I can gather.

We can only wait and see I suppose.

We've a ready made replacement available if that does happen. A young lad at West Ham called Diego Poyet.

Forgive and forget and get him back on a season loan.
    Oh yes

The Scottish monster and the uruguayan monster
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Last Week in London

• Options
    Pretty conclusive evidence I would suggest:(
  • Options
    Yep...Always on the cards... Question is what is the quality and fit of the replacement?

• Options
    Does it mean last week, as in the weather was good last week. Or, it's his last week in London.
  • Options
    I took it to mean that it was his last week in London with his family! As in they are probably heading back to Belgium for the summer or something!
  • Options

I took it to mean that it was his last week in London with his family! As in they are probably heading back to Belgium for the summer or something!

Bit out of order leaving London before the Bournemouth game then!
    Maybe the players have already been told we are putting an under 18 team out for that game

We have already giving them extra tickets might as well make sure they get the 3 points :wink:
  • Options

Last Week in London

His missus is not bad, looks a bit like Baby Spice!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    TofⓂ️ @iMacTof · 4h 4 hours ago

Yoni #Buyens (Charlton) rejouera la saison prochaine en #JPL. Et portera les couleurs de St-Trond. #Mercato #STVV
    3 retweets 1 favourite

TofⓂ️ iMacTof · 4 hours 4 hours ago

Yoni #Buyens ( Charlton) play again next season #JPL . And carry the colors of St- Truiden. #Mercato #STVV
    3 1 retweets favorite
  • Options
    Bubble said:

TofⓂ️ @iMacTof · 4h 4 hours ago

Yoni #Buyens (Charlton) rejouera la saison prochaine en #JPL. Et portera les couleurs de St-Trond. #Mercato #STVV
    3 retweets 1 favourite

TofⓂ️ iMacTof · 4 hours 4 hours ago

Yoni #Buyens ( Charlton) play again next season #JPL . And carry the colors of St- Truiden. #Mercato #STVV
    3 1 retweets favorite

booo
  • Options
    Does that say he'll be at STVV next season? The grammar has me confused.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Does that say he'll be at STVV next season? The grammar has me confused.

Yes, Buyens to St Truiden (STTV). Seems very likely to me.
  • Options
    Odd move for all parties
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:

Odd move for all parties

The last thing I would say is odd. Buyens wants to return to Belgium. He won't want to go back to Liege, so he goes to RD's other Jupiler (Premier) League club. Newly promoted STTV.
  • Options
    Would not surprise me. Step down for Buyens in clubs but he does not stike me as a very ambitious player.
  • Options
    Need someone a little better in the middle to be honest if you are looking to have a push on promotion. Buyens has done well though and I thank him for that.
  • Options
    Keep them both. Decent players who look like they want to play here.
  • Options
    Surely wanting to go from Charlton to St Truiden is like wanting to go to Oldham?