Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bulot & Buyens - What are our chances on keeping them?

Comments

• edited April 2015

Need someone a little better in the middle to be honest if you are looking to have a push on promotion. Buyens has done well though and I thank him for that.

I don't agree with this. A primary reason we haven't been promoted this year is that our leading scorers have scored around the 11 mark (and then only three of them). Contrast this with Bournemouth and Watford.. it's your strikers that get you out of a division, in general.

• I wonder how many goals on average are scored per season from corners. As JBG said last night we don't have the height to capitalise from corners, Yoni said we needed a target man. Our 1 Bikey goal from a corner highlights the need for more height.
  • wmcf123 said:

Need someone a little better in the middle to be honest if you are looking to have a push on promotion. Buyens has done well though and I thank him for that.

I don't agree with this. A primary reason we haven't been promoted this year is that our leading scorers have scored around the 11 mark (and then only three of them). Contrast this with Bournemouth and Watford.. it's your strikers that get you out of a division, in general.

Didn't say we only needed a midfielder ? Obviously we need a 25 goal a season striker but so does everyone?
    Kinsella type midfielder who can boss a game, buyens weakness is his tackling, he does not command games enough.
  • Maybe. But with 2 more good strikers plus Watt, we might go up with the current midfield.

I Can't think of too many midfielders that tackle these days
  • Surely wanting to go from Charlton to St Truiden is like wanting to go to Oldham?

As St Truiden are in the top division of Belgium football next season,
    which is championship standard, i would say you were close as the crow flies,
    but think more Bolton than Oldham. Plus the fact that the player came from Lancs and not London if you see my analogy.

• wmcf123 said:

Who's job is it to provide these strikers for the goals though?

Also apart from penalties your CM's should be popping in with goals, that's a necessity at this level, if you limit your goal scoring options from open play it makes the opponents job a lot easier in the marking side of things for most of the game. Good player Yoni and has adjusted well, but a shade too weak and a lack of drive for me at this level.
  • Decent strikers make chances for themselves, as Watt did until he knackered himself . They also create space for midfielders to score. There are hardly any pure penalty box strikers these days

I will be delighted, if surprised if we get better than Buyens
  • Surely wanting to go from Charlton to St Truiden is like wanting to go to Oldham?

As St Truiden are in the top division of Belgium football next season,
    which is championship standard, i would say you were close as the crow flies,
    but think more Bolton than Oldham. Plus the fact that the player came from Lancs and not London if you see my analogy.
    Only top four or five are Championship or lower Prem standard. Rest are about L1.

• Is Roland allowed to own two teams in the same league? Just askin.
  • He doesn't own STVV. His wife/girlfriend does
  • Sponsored links:

• IA said:

He doesn't own STVV. His wife/girlfriend does

Ah yes I'd forgotten that. Bit transparent though. Wonder if the authorities will buy it, especially if the player exchanges are too obvious.
  • What do people think our chances are of us keeping them?

NIL
    wouldn't want to keep the bald skiver anyway

• K
    IA said:

He doesn't own STVV. His wife/girlfriend does

At Bromley Addicks I am sure KM referred to the owner of STVV as a man? Not Roland but would rule out his wife/girlfriend.
  • The ownership of the ground is with Roland's GF, the ownership of the club is another guy. If you go to the thread on the network it's covered there.
  • Spoke to Yoni tonight

he wants to stay but he has one year left on his contract and RD wants money for him so he is likely to be sold
    he said if it was up to him he would come back here but the president(he called him that) wont get any money if he sells him to us lol
  • Spoke to Yoni tonight

he wants to stay but he has one year left on his contract and RD wants money for him so he is likely to be sold
    he said if it was up to him he would come back here but the president(he called him that) wont get any money if he sells him to us lol

Don't see why he can't sign a contract with us then get sold in a year or two time..
  • Doesn't sound like we have been talking with him much.
  • from his instagram a few minutes ago, apologies if the photo doesn't load, it reads:

''Just want to say thank for all my team from @cafcofficial, all fans for this year. Don't know where I Will next season, If i can i Tell you right now that i want stay... but If i m not just stay the same and together like you know #love #COYR''
  • Great man. I'm sure RD can arrange another loan
  • Sponsored links:

• I think he is more important to us than Yoni. Glad Fred would like to stay and hope RD/KM/GL can make it happen.
  • edited May 2015
    Would like to see Bulot retained and nice to hear he wants to stay. If we are to push onwards we need CM's with more passion and influence on a game than Buyens so he can be binned.
  • edited May 2015
    good to hear from Bulot ...let's hope it happens
  • I always take the "I love you all and I just live it here" remarks with a pinch of salt. I can't imagine too many players being thick enough to say "you're all a bunch of wotsits and whay a dump" just in case. However, in this instance I think Fred is probably genuine and I hope we keep him.
  • I always take the "I love you all and I just live it here" remarks with a pinch of salt. I can't imagine too many players being thick enough to say "you're all a bunch of wotsits and whay a dump" just in case. However, in this instance I think Fred is probably genuine and I hope we keep him.

He told me to my face at the POTY dinner that he wanted to stay.

He seemed genuinely happy here.

Not surprising with Leith's girlfriend's blog!
  • I think Buyens is more important to the side than Bulot. But keeping both is a bare minimum if we're serious about a play off push.

? URL?
  • Agree we need a new CM if Buyens goes. Would say we need someone who get forward and can link between defence and forwards/wingers quicker. We have Cousins and Diarra who both seem happy to sit.

Perhaps if Buyens goes (as we're expecting) then JBG might be more likely to stay. He would be on penalty duties, which would have seen him with 19 goals this season, and would turn a few more heads in the Prem ;)
  • Kap10 said:

I always take the "I love you all and I just live it here" remarks with a pinch of salt. I can't imagine too many players being thick enough to say "you're all a bunch of wotsits and whay a dump" just in case. However, in this instance I think Fred is probably genuine and I hope we keep him.

? URL?
    www.bulotisagabonesesexualbeast.com

Seriously, Charlton Aesthetic