Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bulot & Buyens - What are our chances on keeping them?

Comments

• Options
    wmcf123 said:

If Fulham get relegated again (could happen) maybe Couzins and Parker could be a great centre midfield for us?

Absolutely not! Parker is a busted flush (in addition to being a dick).
    You didn't see him absolutely rip us to shreds earlier in the season then?
    For about 10 minutes, when we were woeful
    Did you nod off for the other 80?
  • Options
    Nope. He was superb in the early stages, then disappeared
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:

I would have him back in a flash.
  • Options
    He didn't want to play for us a few years ago so I would ignore him.
  • Options
    Parker would be a great mentor for a young midfielder like Cousins. The romantic in me would like to see Parker do for Cousins what Kinsella did for Scottie 15 yeard ago. Can't see Roland getting misty eyed about an ex player though and Parker's wage demands would kill the idea pretty quickly.
  • Options
    Lawrie Wilson has gone now so maybe our chances of keeping either Buyens or Bulot have increased?
  • Options

Parker would be a great mentor for a young midfielder like Cousins. The romantic in me would like to see Parker do for Cousins what Kinsella did for Scottie 15 yeard ago. Can't see Roland getting misty eyed about an ex player though and Parker's wage demands would kill the idea pretty quickly.

Jackson is as good a mentor for Cousins as Parker would be. Without being pedantic, Parker and Kinsella rarely played together, so such a role doesn't need to be undertaken by a playing mentor.
  • Options
    Parker, a Charlton role model. Blimey!
    We are too good for him now. Hope he enjoys finishing his career in League 1.
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:

Jackson is as good a mentor for Cousins as Parker would be. Without being pedantic, Parker and Kinsella rarely played together, so such a role doesn't need to be undertaken by a playing mentor.
    Without being too harsh on Jackson, I don't think you can compare a player who has spent most of his career in league 1 to a player who has spent his as a top premier league midfielder.
  • Options
    I
    wmcf123 said:

Parker and Kinsella not playing that much together really surprises me. I remember Parker copying so much of Kinsellas game that it was hard to tell them apart fron the stands. Either way I don't believe Parker would have developed the way he did without Kinsellas influence.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    wmcf123 said:

They were two nil up by then. His work was effectively done, they just needed to make sure we didn't get back into it. And they, including Parker, succeeded.
  • Options
    Parker is past it, hardly pulling up trees at Fulham
  • Options

wmcf123 said:

Without being too harsh on Jackson, I don't think you can compare a player who has spent most of his career in league 1 to a player who has spent his as a top premier league midfielder.
    I wasn't, but he's a good mentor
  • Options
    b t w .. Buyens was in the 'Sun', champ team of the weekend published today .. excuse if this has already been posted
  • Options

I

wmcf123 said:

Parker and Kinsella not playing that much together really surprises me. I remember Parker copying so much of Kinsellas game that it was hard to tell them apart fron the stands. Either way I don't believe Parker would have developed the way he did without Kinsellas influence.
    At that time it was normal to play only one defensive midfielder. Parker was mostly kept out of the team by Kinsella's good displays...until his knees went, then Curbs moved him on and Parker hit the ground running.
  • Options
    I know people have differing views about Yoni but I think we should hurry up and get him signed on for next season.
  • Options
    Think they'd both be half decent signings.

Buyens needs to leart no get there earlier or pull out before it's a foul.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Think they'd both be half decent signings.

Buyens needs to leart no get there earlier or pull out before it's a foul.

I think he already has, the number of bookings he's been getting since Guy took over is far lower, and he's giving away far fewer free tkcks
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    hope we do sign them both, they know the club and the league now and would not have a settling in time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Surprised how much Buyens is underrated on here. Quality player. People have short memories and seem to forget that we haven't had a midfielder who can actually pass a ball like he can for years.

Never mentioned for player of the year though...
  • Options
    Heard from a good source from within the club that it looks very very unlikely that Buyens will re-sign, apparently he wants to go back to Belgium.

Bulot seems much more likely to be here again next season from what I can gather.

We can only wait and see I suppose.
  • Options
    Buyens is definitely enjoying the freedom that Guy Luzon has given him and we're starting to see just how good he can be. Any midfielder would look limited if they were stuck in their own half for 90 mins but now he's even having a few cracks at goal. Good player and if he'd had those other good players around him from the off, he'd probably be on a dozen goals by now.
  • Options
    I was on him at 9/1 for last goal on Saturday. He's gone up in my estimation.
  • Options
    i think Buyens will take a lot of replacing
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

colin1961 said:

Think your looking at least 2/4 mill for each player .......

But its really Roland moving money around the network.. That may well be their market price but in reality we are not paying that as a club. Its just Roly moving his marbles around.
    km said that network transfers were payed through Roland and not the club, so both possible!
    They were in the (13/14) CAFC Limited accounts and accrue interest to Staprix. I think there is some suggestion they are additional to the budget, but that is not the same as the club not paying.
  • Options
    I would actually choose Buyens over Bulot.
  • Options

Surprised how much Buyens is underrated on here. Quality player. People have short memories and seem to forget that we haven't had a midfielder who can actually pass a ball like he can for years.

He's been very up and down this season, like Igor he started very well and then had a dip, but unlike Igor, he's really improved since Guy took over
  • Options
    Only problem with these two is that now STTV have got promoted to the Belgian first division , RD may want them to go over there as they both have experience of that division!
    Buyens will probably agree where as I would like to think Bulot will want the stay here.