Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Post Match Washup Charlton v Reading

after the Upbeats what happened next

Comments

• after the Upbeats what happened next

We win again and upbeat.

• Better bump this. Not been made a sticky yet.

• Why does't this have a sticky? Come on admins.
  • Is that 6 wins in 8 now? Not too shabby.
  • JaShea99 said:

3-2 makes it look like it was close. It wasn't. We should have had 4 or 5. Another poor game from Buyens though.

Do you mean apart from his two goals?
  • edited March 2015
    I know some people like to moan about him but we will miss Buyens if he goes back. His penalties alone have won us a few points, and his second goal today wasn't too bad either...
  • Gammysnr said:

JaShea99 said:

3-2 makes it look like it was close. It wasn't. We should have had 4 or 5. Another poor game from Buyens though.

2 goals, decent passing and breaking up play. Not sure what game you were at, but Buyens was no way poor, not at his best but far from poor. Very harsh comment.
    I thought he was being sarcastic.
  • Sponsored links:

• Harsh on Buyens, JaShea99 - thought he played well, got a fair few tackles in, kept possession well and got two goals.

Fox was probably my man of the match. Solid defensively, didn't give the ball away and got some good crosses in. He's really come on and Wiggins has a big fight to get his place back. Him and the other young gun on the other side were excellent. Extra plaudits for Gomez, given he must have been mentally prepared to play centre half.

We started well then it went flat but the Reading goal was a bolt out of the blue. We looked untroubled up to that point. Some decent passing moves from us but looked toothless up front, with Watt and Eagles looking lost.

Credit to Luzon because we came back out a changed side. Watt was getting on the ball, Cousins and Buyens bossing the midfield, touches of class from JBG and an industrious performance from Bulot - no, really.

Agree that 3-2 wasn't a fair reflection. Could have scored 4 or 5 easily. Good cameo from Church though not sure how he missed that chance from near the penalty spot.

Minor quibble...Johnson is soooooo slow in possession. Seems to over-think what to do with the ball.

Good performance and plenty of promise for next season.
  • JaShea99 said:

Don't know what match you was watching but I thought Buyens was pretty solid and unlucky not to get a hattrick. We win and yet someone has to slate a player (shakes head)
  • Best performance I've seen in certain spells this season. Couple of lapses in concentration but dominated from the start. The score flatters Reading. Great stuff.
  • Gammysnr said:

JaShea99 said:

2 goals, decent passing and breaking up play. Not sure what game you were at, but Buyens was no way poor, not at his best but far from poor. Very harsh comment.
    I thought he was being sarcastic.
    Do I get a Whooooooooosh?
  • Bulot MOM, fox did better and watt second half was great. Pleased for church again , think Johnson and eagles were poor though, if only there were more games left but hey ho, keep winning lads and I'll be happy
  • First time I've seen us win at the valley since Watford. First half we started brightly and moved the ball about well but then let them back into the game and gave away a cheap goal. Feared the worse as the second half started but then suddenly we started playing football again.

Created a lot in the second half, cousins spraying passes left right and centre and we looked dangerous every time we went forward. Thought he was magnificent today as was JBG. Didn't really look back once we got the first goal...eagles and church could have put us 2-1 up then a lovely ball from Gomez set up buyens. Church really made impact when he came on I felt, his work rate was second to none. Watt did superbly for the third, I am astonished at how he manages to get passed players sometimes, church bundles home and we were in the driving seat. I did feel Johnson was quite sloppy today and their goal was cheap but we were deserved winners.

Credit to the players and Luzon, must have been a quite inspiring team talk.

COYR
  • Blinding result, game aimlessly drifting into nothingness yet we once again pulled out a victory.

Will post more tomorrow but a win capped off a bloody perfect day
  • Sponsored links:

• Shite first half. Come out fighting in the second half. We looked a proper team. One annoying thing though church really pissed me off with his goal celebration. That's 3 goals he has scored this season and every time he had acted like a cock, yes charlton fans have given him criticism and in my view rightly so as he was shit last season, but to give it the biggun to us when he has been injured all season is wank in my view.
  • Neither side impressed first half as cancelled each other out until their goal.

Different game second half.

urgency and speed plus a push in the back equalled a pen.

Fully deserved the 3 - 1 lead but sat back against 10 men and got punished.

Is Buyens now suspended for the next game? Better game from him but not as impressed as some. Two goals are still two goals though.

Fox did well and Church got the goal he wanted. Pleased for him.

Watt is vital to this team now. Expect.him to to get kicked off the park at the toolbox.
  • Bulot my joint MOM with Watt. Bulot always pulling defenders around and making intelligent passes, Watt was well marked and not so many chances but for sheer guts and determination he's up there. JBG had a good game always looked threatening. Gomez showed what a quality cross can create, he showed real class.
    Reading seemed to get a lot of second ball and only got the ball from lumping it for our defenders to knock it back to them.
    Everyone did a job and an entertaining afternoon's football.
    Seems we have a well drilled squad and Luzon gets away with rotating players without affecting team performance.
  • edited March 2015
    Nothing to do with not celebrating it looked liked fingers to the lips to the covered end. Like he did in the cup game earlier in the season.
  • Always good to win going into the break. We'll have high confidence going into Millwall and they will have rather low confidence after they fucked it up today. Sounds like 3-2 doesn't tell the story. We sounded the better team throughout. Another great win at a great time! COYA