Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post Match Washup Charlton v Reading

Comments

• Options
    He never received much abuse from the crowd at matches just mainly on here. He played really well today as well as getting good support.
  • Options
    Did anybody notice there was a TV camera pointing a GL for the entire match.
  • Options

Anyone who doesn't think Cousins was man of the match, must have been at a different game. Awesome!

I can not believe Gomez is only 17. Pace, power, good in the air, and can pick a pass. He is the real deal.

And credit to Bulot, in particular, a constant thorn in Reading's side. And still running back and defending in added time.

Think Bulot, Cousins, Gomez or Watt were all equal contenders they just make different contributions.
  • Options
    Nice result but not bothered really , it's all about Good or will it be bad Friday
    Stick the nail in that coffin Luzon and you will be a Charlton god no matter what follows

Well done to all the walkers and the Upbeats , inspirational

Farking Rotherham stopped the almost perfick set of results

65% 7th-12th ....... 35% 13th-21st
  • Options
    WSS said:

Nicholas said:

Shite first half. Come out fighting in the second half. We looked a proper team. One annoying thing though church really pissed me off with his goal celebration. That's 3 goals he has scored this season and every time he had acted like a cock, yes charlton fans have given him criticism and in my view rightly so as he was shit last season, but to give it the biggun to us when he has been injured all season is wank in my view.

So we're allowed to give it but Church is not?
    It seems common practice not to celebrate when you score against you former club.

• Options
    Not been able to keep track of the football today. So checking just now and seeing it was another 3 points and another 3 goals was pleasing to say the least.
  • Options
    Second part of the first half we were completely off the pace going forwards and in defence. People have already stated how well we played to get back into it and good to see Fox playing so well.
    Totally confused by Johnson as he started so well with us but these last couple of games not so good. I can't see him getting a new deal on these performances.
    Up front Bulot and Gudmundsson were class...again! And where we really took over was our ability to switch play...and exploit resulting gaps.
    As someone said above we need another quality striker. Eagles was OK but not his game and Igor was missed.

We will clearly get offers for our top players this summer. Does every player have a price or are we building a real challenger for 2015-16?
  • Options
    Great second half performance. Had 3 clear chances within the first 5 mins of the restart. Looked a clear handball for the pen from my view in the family section. Great play for the 2nd goal and fantastic run by Watt for the 3rd. Could have had 6 or 7 by the end. Impressed with Bulot today.

• Options
    edited March 2015
    Nicholas said:

He never received much abuse from the crowd at matches just mainly on here. He played really well today as well as getting good support.

So he should've had a shirt on underneath saying "hush your mouthes Charlton Life bitches"?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dreadful first half, excellent second half. Gomez and Bulot stood out for me but Johnson seems to be going through a bad spell.
    Buyens is the best penalty taker I've seen at the Valley
    We could have easily scored 6 or 7 and the 3-2 scoreline didn't reflect the game.
  • Options

Blinding result, game aimlessly drifting into nothingness yet we once again pulled out a victory.

Will post more tomorrow but a win capped off a bloody perfect day

Is this to do with your above post re: alcohol? C'mon AFKA, you know I and the masses like nothing more than when you turn CL into a platform for your thoughts after you've had a few :wink:
  • Options
    First double?
  • Options

First double?

Wigan

• Options
    edited March 2015
    Honestly Yoni Buyens could score 5 overhead kicks from the halfway line and some here would still say "well he was ok I guess"

It's a sign of a good performance that there are so many MOM candidates but it's Yoni for me. Brilliant range of passing and the starting point for so many of our moves. Him and Cousins are superb in the middle and I would have Diarra for Millwall ahead of Jacko but either way Buyens will be a big miss.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cabbles said:

Blinding result, game aimlessly drifting into nothingness yet we once again pulled out a victory.

Is this to do with your above post re: alcohol? C'mon AFKA, you know I and the masses like nothing more than when you turn CL into a platform for your thoughts after you've had a few :wink:
    Sorry to disappoint @cabbles but got a poorly boy so despite gagging for a sesh, straight home at final whistle. You'll get the benefit of my drunken wisdom if we beat the Spanners though :-)

• Options
    Dansk_Red said:

Did anybody notice there was a TV camera pointing a GL for the entire match.

No but i hope they show him, pure entertainment - Curbs on crack!
  • Options
    Can't believe some comments, the second half was the best half of football I have seen for years, the build up play to Eagles missed chance and our second goal were first class. Fuck the song everywhere we go, change the words to WE ONLY HATE MILLWALL.
  • Options

cabbles said:

Sorry to disappoint @cabbles but got a poorly boy so despite gagging for a sesh, straight home at final whistle. You'll get the benefit of my drunken wisdom if we beat the Spanners though :-)

Aah apologies, read as it might be in for some good posts....hope your lad isn't too ill
  • Options
    I thought we were superb in the 2nd half. The whole side played well but special mention for Cousins, Gomez & Bulot. I thought Watt struggled a bit at times today but showed how dangerous he can be when he set up the 3rd goal. I know Guy likes a bit of a tinker but I would love to see Gomez play for the rest of the season, as I think games under his belt will help for next season, when I believe he will even better.
  • Options
    Posting before reading

We looked sharp in the first 10-15 minutes but Reading came back strongly and were the better side before they took the lead just before half time. I don't know what Guy said at half time but he certainly knows how to gee the lads up when needed. We might easily have scored three times before we got the penalty equaliser and there was really only one team in it in the second half. I was disappointed we let in the scrappy late goal because what might easily have been 4 or 5-1 looked much closer than it really was.

Special mention for Joe Gomez. He took the late switch to RB in his stride and played very well. The attacking side of his game, when at full back, needs development but it was a peach of a cross for Yoni's second goal. I was also chuffed for Churchy when he scored, although he owes everything to Tony Watt for the blistering run which laid it on a plate for him.

Overall, a very enjoyable afternoon, starting with the upbeats tournament and then three more points and three more goals. We are now on 54 points, beating last years total of 51 with 7 games in hand. On paper, they are all winnable, and it would be tremendous if we could carry this form through to the end of the season.