Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post Match Washup Charlton v Reading

Comments

• Options
    Bit embarrassing letting in that last goal when they had ten men and were beaten. Not that it matters and was an otherwise good performance, long may the boys keep this up.
  • Options
    These players are really enjoying playing their football.

Loved Watt's driving to the line, to square across the box for Churchy's goal.
    Defenders nightmare, facing their own goalmouth - almost impossible to defend.

And Buyen's open play goal; never seen Yoni so far forward before.
    All season, we've lacked midfielders making late runs into the box - like Bailey and Jacko used to do.

Credit has to go to Guy.
    We're playing a style of football that is fantastic to watch.

• Options
    We played some exhilarating football 2nd half and Reading could not contain us. We should have won by at least 3 clear goals.
    We are playing with spirit, confidence and above all a decent shape. The shape that GL has instilled in the players is key, because it gives us the platform to attack without being gung-ho. Buyens gave his best performance 2nd half (shame he will miss Millwall), Cousins proved again that he has got a tremendous engine and great desire and Gomez is a star in the making.
    The only minor disappointment was Johnson got exposed for a bit of pace at times. I like what he has done for us since he joined, but my gut feeling is they may not retain him at the end of the season.
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

Nothing to do with not celebrating it looked liked fingers to the lips to the covered end. Like he did in the cup game earlier in the season.

So what?
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    RedChaser said:

Buyens main contributions were the penalty after an hour and because he scored a second goal that unintentionally went in off his knee/thigh then I can't help you.

I'm fairly certain Buyens intended to score. It doesn't matter how they get there so long as they cross the line.

p.s this is how you take your bitching at one another out of the marks thread and into the post match views.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Dazzler21 said:

RedChaser said:

Buyens main contributions were the penalty after an hour and because he scored a second goal that unintentionally went in off his knee/thigh then I can't help you.

I'm fairly certain Buyens intended to score. It doesn't matter how they get there so long as they cross the line.

p.s this is how you take your bitching at one another out of the marks thread and into the post match views.
    Er, it does to me if you if you are being put up on a pedestal and thanks for the pearls of wisdom :wink: .
  • Options

p.s this is how you take your bitching at one another out of the marks thread and into the post match views.<

Perhaps if you went to the valley more often, you would have a more informed view of player marks

• Options
    edited March 2015
    Yoni Buyens is an Enigma. FACT (sorry CL couldn't resist)
    For a man who can't tackle or head the ball and can get caught in procession,also one paced.( he won't come to me for a reference)
    He did things against Reading which included at least 3 great passes,greats runs, plus being in the right place to score, plus a penalty technique to rival Darren Bent.
    (just 2 behind Darren and the same 100% record.)

At times he looks class, other times just an arse ?

We will miss him when he goes. Yoni you will leave a hard act to follow on the Penalty front.

• Options
    Sir_Clive said:

Nicholas said:

Nothing to do with not celebrating it looked liked fingers to the lips to the covered end. Like he did in the cup game earlier in the season.

So what?
    So why didn't he go straight to Tony Watt to acknowledge the hard work he did to lay it on a plate?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2015
    RedChaser said:

Dazzler21 said:

RedChaser said:

Er, it does to me if you if you are being put up on a pedestal and thanks for the pearls of wisdom.
    Just to clarify I wasnt meaning just your bitching, I meant all bitching on the player marks threads.

Cut
    Go to post match thread
    Paste
    Add response
    Post.

Simple qcgpap method

Saves the mess in the ratings thread and let's us all have a friendly disagreement

P.S
    I dislike Buyens.

P.P.S
    He meant to score and did with that chance luckily.

• Options
    Gomez and Solly both in the same team.

It's like having your birthday a week before Christmas.
  • Options
    @Dazzler21 Fair comment and I should have ignored the 'Lols' at several posters who never scored certain players on the 'Marks' thread as high as their own. Of course not everyone sees the game the same and apply different methods of assessment, as for Buyens he warranted 5 first half + 8 second half = 13 -:- 2 = 6.5 from me and although in a minority, I stick by that.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    RedChaser said:

@Dazzler21 Fair comment and I should have ignored the 'Lols' at several posters who never scored certain players on the 'Marks' thread as high as their own. Of course not everyone sees the game the same and apply different methods of assessment, as for Buyens he warranted 5 first half + 8 second half = 13 -:- 2 = 6.5 from me and although in a minority, I stick by that.

Striker does nothing in first half, misses a chance, looks frustrated. 5. Scores a hat-trick in the second half, plays brilliantly. 9. But a 7 overall? With a hat-trick?
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Leuth said:

RedChaser said:

Striker does nothing in first half, misses a chance, looks frustrated. 5. Scores a hat-trick in the second half, plays brilliantly. 9. But a 7 overall? With a hat-trick?
    By Jove he's got it, Eureka! The game is over 90 minutes not 45! You play in goal right? You make a worldy in the first half catch everything that comes at you 10 and let two through your legs second half 4 equals 7 overall. I think we are just going to have to agree to disagree.
  • Options
    Yeah well I still love Yoni
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Yeah well I still love Yoni

I try not to let favouritism or lack of cloud my judgement :wink:
  • Options
    Fair enough. To be honest I'd forgotten everything that happened in the first half by the end, so dazzled was I by our attacking play. If that makes me biased then hell, I'm the Russian legal system :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2015
    Yoni had a blinder on Saturday and was central to much of our good play IMO.

Interesting people giving the reasons why they score him so low (because he was supposedly crap first half). Probably the same people who were gushing over Jacko shinning one in versus Norwich which lead to a tide of comments as to why his time wasn't up and was due a mark of 9 for a performance that proved the doubters wrong.

Think someone commented that if his name was Tony Simons his marks would be 2 higher on average. Totally true - and because he isn't 'one of our own' he is scapegoated far easier.
  • Options
    The same way players like Bulot are being scapegoated yeah?
  • Options
    Yoni is being punished for having a couple of shockers in Luzon's first few games
  • Options
    Yoni plays like he is playing on concrete , he never goes to ground
    He done well Saturday
  • Options

Interesting people giving the reasons why they score him so low (because he was supposedly crap first half). Probably the same people who were gushing over Jacko shinning one in versus Norwich which lead to a tide of comments as to why his time wasn't up and was due a mark of 9 for a performance that proved the doubters wrong.

Think someone commented that if his name was Tony Simons his marks would be 2 higher on average. Totally true - and because he isn't 'one of our own' he is scapegoated far easier.

Buyens scapegoated? Or as said before, some just don't rate him quite as highly as others.

I thought he played well on Saturday. Where he's from doesn't come into it.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Buyens scapegoated? Or as said before, some just don't rate him quite as highly as others.

He did but not to the level over 90 minutes some would have you believe and who cares where he comes from. Blinding or blinded with rose tinted glasses on? Never went to Norwich but how ironic that certain posters have their own agendas and can't wait to get a dig in on JJ though, pot, kettle......kettle, pot.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Scoham said:

He did but not to the level over 90 minutes some would have you believe and who cares where he comes from. Blinding or blinded with rose tinted glasses on? Never went to Norwich but how ironic that certain posters have their own agendas and can't wait to get a dig in on JJ though, pot, kettle......kettle, pot.
    Be interesting to see what the stats say when they come out.