Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post Match Washup Charlton v Reading

1235»

Comments

• Options
    So Church wasn't putting fingers on lips to "dis" the fans but sucking his thumb.

• Options
    suck his thumb??

i was more comfortable with the finger to lips !
  • Options

So Church wasn't putting fingers on lips to "dis" the fans but sucking his thumb.

Sshhh that's no good for a conspiracy theory.

Unless your theory is that Simon Church is actually a toddler.
  • Options
    I have been updating myself on the player scores thread.

I am astonished that some fans feel that Eagles had a better game than Fox!
  • Options
    Was Eagles' worst game for us but he was out of position and seemed to be chasing shadows all match (the miss when he headed over described his luck on Saturday in one moment

Fox I've noticed has the habit of almost casually running to block the winger which can be worrying but he always gets there, almost as though his running style is shouting out (No need to panic, Ive got this and have plenty time to make a cuppa tea before I need to challenge)
  • Options
    Why do they suck their thumbs? Is it some kind of trendy young person gesture that passes an old git like me by?
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Why do they suck their thumbs? Is it some kind of trendy young person gesture that passes an old git like me by?

Yes.

I haven't a clue either!
  • Options
    Having read all the posts I really don't see how we could have gone on such a great run playing with just one central midfielder every game. Kudos to the Charlton 10.
  • Options
    Until they started playing Cousins in his preferred defensive midfield role, I was not a fan of Buyens. But each game now he seems to be getting better, he is just not that good defensively, which with Jordan being so assured and energetic he does not have to be and his creativity is coming to the fore, finding the players correct position.

Must agree Gomez looks brilliant even with late switch to full back.

Bulot, who would of thought a natural wide player who lays best when out wide! Not sure what Gabon did to him in the African Cup nations but can we all have some, rejuvenated player.

If Buyens wasn't suspended for Millwall I would find it hard to play Johnnie
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Defintely a "shinner" from Yoni for his second goal. It did kind of loop in quite gently.
  • Options

LenGlover said:

Yes.

I haven't a clue either!
    Dero playing to the crowd as we were singing "Churchinho" as inho is a suffix added to a name meaning little in Portuguese... So little Church, and so on... :)
  • Options
    Gammysnr said:

JaShea99 said:

3-2 makes it look like it was close. It wasn't. We should have had 4 or 5. Another poor game from Buyens though.

2 goals, decent passing and breaking up play. Not sure what game you were at, but Buyens was no way poor, not at his best but far from poor. Very harsh comment.
    At times, he was abysmal, what with missed tackles and misplaced passes. However, the things he did well he did very well, especially, if not exclusively, the two goals.
  • Options
    _MrDick said:

JaShea99 said:

3-2 makes it look like it was close. It wasn't. We should have had 4 or 5. Another poor game from Buyens though.

Don't know what match you was watching but I thought Buyens was pretty solid and unlucky not to get a hattrick. We win and yet someone has to slate a player (shakes head)
    Does this mean one is only allowed to voice honest criticism when we don't get three points?
  • Options

_MrDick said:

JaShea99 said:

Don't know what match you was watching but I thought Buyens was pretty solid and unlucky not to get a hattrick. We win and yet someone has to slate a player (shakes head)
    Does this mean one is only allowed to voice honest criticism when we don't get three points?
    Apparently
  • Options
    Been very busy so first chance to post.

First half was pretty turgid stuff. I don't remember a serious threat on their goal. The inevitable happened and we went a goal down. Our best performers in the first half were Cousins, Fox, Gomez and JBG.

Second half it was like a different team. Pace, drive, width and desire in fairly equal measure.

Standout performers for me Cousins (MOM), Watt, Buyens, JBG and Fox. Pleased again for Church - especially after he missed a sitter.

Could have been 5 or 6. The best we have played for some while going forward.

Johnson struggled but I saw his anger with himself - that was a decent sign.

Their 2nd was irritating and produced a nervous last minute. This team, with an addition or two will challenge next season.

Big shout for GL. The second half turn around was Fergiesque!
  • Options

Gammysnr said:

JaShea99 said:

2 goals, decent passing and breaking up play. Not sure what game you were at, but Buyens was no way poor, not at his best but far from poor. Very harsh comment.
    At times, he was abysmal, what with missed tackles and misplaced passes. However, the things he did well he did very well, especially, if not exclusively, the two goals.
    But Cousins also had a poor first half and a much improved 2nd. I think some of you are being ridiculously harsh
  • Options
    Thought both Cousins and Buyens had average first half's, but both looked good 2nd half.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Just watched the highlights on here (thanks for posting that). Nice to see the goals coming finally. I think one of the things that cheered me up after the grim Winter we had was watching the players celebrating after the goals. There looked a real team feeling there, and if we can build on that and add some quality, who knows what we might achieve next term.
    Then there was the third goal. Church did'nt seem remotely happy to have scored, and the players did'nt seem keen to mob him. I'm watching this from Spain, and sadly have'nt been to the Valley since Watford home last season, but on what I saw in 2 minutes on here, he looked a player utterly sick of being here, and the debate about whether we should keep him may be a bit redundant as if that is his reaction, I don't think he'll re-sign with a gun at his head.
    In a way a shame. he is bringing better stuff from others, but if he wants out, that's the score, there's the door.
  • Options
    He was relatively mobbed against Blackpool. What does it matter anyway?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Just watched the highlights on here (thanks for posting that). Nice to see the goals coming finally. I think one of the things that cheered me up after the grim Winter we had was watching the players celebrating after the goals. There looked a real team feeling there, and if we can build on that and add some quality, who knows what we might achieve next term.
    Then there was the third goal. Church did'nt seem remotely happy to have scored, and the players did'nt seem keen to mob him. I'm watching this from Spain, and sadly have'nt been to the Valley since Watford home last season, but on what I saw in 2 minutes on here, he looked a player utterly sick of being here, and the debate about whether we should keep him may be a bit redundant as if that is his reaction, I don't think he'll re-sign with a gun at his head.
    In a way a shame. he is bringing better stuff from others, but if he wants out, that's the score, there's the door.

why rub it in the face of your old team? plenty players work that way.

• Options
    I had the impression this was becoming a habit. And wmcf123, it does'nt matter especially, but I'm trying to read the tealeaves to see who might want to stay, and Church gave the impression he does'nt. Just a wild stab in the dark!
  • Options
    I can't see him being here next year but he's doing well currently. Celebrations clearly mean nothing if players are so in control that they can choose when they do it!