Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    not really a snub, following his old mans foot steps , and he aint ever going to be good enough for england
  • Options
    Doesn't he have Uruguay flags in his golf club covers?
  • Options
    Surely Uruguay are a better team than England?

Also, he played in all of England's other teams. Just a traditionalist I suppose, choose your team and stick with it.
  • Options
    WSS said:

Surely Uruguay are a better team than England?

Also, he played in all of England's other teams. Just a traditionalist I suppose, choose your team and stick with it.

If that was the case, he would still be with us.
  • Options
    Using the other England levels to eventually get into the Uruguay squad,no change from his time at Charlton then really!
  • Options
    should have gone through all the Uruguayan younger levels and been travelling around the world rather than training with us
  • Options
    Not sure if it's just me, but if twitter links are posted can the actual tweets be copied and pasted on here? Work blocks twitter so I can't see what's being talked about.
  • Options
    maybe the Uruguay bench has better seats
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Unlikely Uruguay under 15s, 16s, 17s etc would know much about him as a player being based in England. Maybe its just a matter of circumstance and he simply stands a better chance with Uruguay.

He has gone on record as saying that he considers himself an Englishman. Then again, so has Simon Church.
  • Options

I thought he was born in Spain

He was
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

Not sure if it's just me, but if twitter links are posted can the actual tweets be copied and pasted on here? Work blocks twitter so I can't see what's being talked about.

Diego Poyet
    @diegopoyet7
    Listo para juntarme con la sub 20 de Uruguay mañana en Francia // Ready to meet up with Uruguay U20s tomorrow in France
    2:08 PM - 23 Mar 2015
  • Options
    Move on
  • Options

not really a snub, following his old mans foot steps , and he aint ever going to be good enough for england

What makes you say that? Better / more established than Scott Parker was at his age. The performances he was putting in last season aged 17 did more than enough to suggest to me that he could easily be good enough for England when he's in his 20s.
  • Options
    He's 20 next month :wink:
  • Options
    Personally couldn't give a rats arse......... :neutral:
  • Options
    Why not? he snubbed us.
  • Options
    Because he ain't good enough, hardly broke into the hamsters first team, and has stagnated since leaving,
  • Options
    I'd just like to confirm that I will also be snubbing England in favour of Greece (I qualify through my mum).

Aged 48, I probably stand just as much chance off a full cap as Poyet does.........
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Probably more chance of getting a game for Uruguay
  • Options
    Unlucky Diego!
  • Options
    I expect nothing less from a mercenary like Poyet.
  • Options
    edited March 2015

Because he ain't good enough, hardly broke into the hamsters first team, and has stagnated since leaving,

Stagnated really, he is still under 20 and involved in the first team squad of a premier league club
    now someone like Scott Sinclair his career did Stagnate(and was slightly older when he moved to City)

Remember this is his first full season as a pro player, only got into our squad 2nd half of last season
  • Options
    Go on then Paulie mins played for first team since he left us
  • Options
    Compare it to Jordan, Joe, morgan
  • Options

Go on then Paulie mins played for first team since he left us

Again age and in his first full season, what was you expecting
    and I am sure he knew how this season would pan out, he is 19 all I am saying is you cant say his career has stagnated already, he is still developing as a player,

he has played more games as a 19 year old than Cousins did at his age who was 19 years and 5 months when he made his Pro Debut