Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Diego Poyet To Snub England?

Comments

• Options
    Tell me how since leaving us his career has progressed, if you can't then he has stagnated, stood still,

He may well have passed games played as a 19 yr old than cousins but since then what's he done

Absolutely squat, It don't make him a bad person, don't make him a bad player, and in the future he may turn out to be the best midfielder in the world, but right now since leaving us his career is no further forward, and imo he has not gained valuable mins on the pitch to learn his craft, not his undoubted quality as a natural footballer,

• Options
    To be fair I'd probably rather play for Uruguay than England if given the chance, don't blame him !
  • Options

Tell me how since leaving us his career has progressed, if you can't then he has stagnated, stood still,

He may well have passed games played as a 19 yr old than cousins but since then what's he done

Absolutely squat, It don't make him a bad person, don't make him a bad player, and in the future he may turn out to be the best midfielder in the world, but right now since leaving us his career is no further forward, and imo he has not gained valuable mins on the pitch to learn his craft, not his undoubted quality as a natural footballer,

yup training day in and day out with International experience, and premier league experience like

Nolan
    Downing
    Carroll
    Noble
    Tompkins
    Song
    and staff like
    Allardyce
    Sheringham
    Mcdonald

that will do nothing for his career will it
  • Options
    You can't then, what you can say is that he is in and around good pro's getting good training but that hasn't improved him enough to prove to sam allardyce that even though his team was on a terrible run until Saturday that Diego poyet could assist as he has shown that being involved and surrounded by the people you have mentioned he is not good enough to break through and progress into the first team

So he is no further along his development and as such has stood still

Thought so, hence why I said it

• Options

You can't then, what you can say is that he is in and around good pro's getting good training but that hasn't improved him enough to prove to sam allardyce that even though his team was on a terrible run until Saturday that Diego poyet could assist as he has shown that being involved and surrounded by the people you have mentioned he is not good enough to break through and progress into the first team

Would Cousins get in the West Ham 1st team NO
    why becuase senior pro's are ahead of him
    Alex Song- International and Champions League experience
    Kevin Nolan-Fantastic goalscorer from Midfield
    Mark Noble-West Ham Icon and a decent midfielder

have you seen him play recently, probably not

So how can you say he has not improved just because he is not starting ahead of them 3, it means nothing he might have got a lot better but them 3 still have more experience than him.

now if you have watched him play for their under 21's or watched him in training and think he has gone backwards then fair play and I am sorry for question you, but If you have not then there is no chance you can say he has not improved
  • Options
    But what you can say is, whether he has improved at WHU or not, he'd have definitely progressed much more quickly than he has done by playing competitive games.

That's clear to see with the likes of Fox, now Cousins and even Gomez.
  • Options

Would Cousins get in the West Ham 1st team NO
    why becuase senior pro's are ahead of him
    Alex Song- International and Champions League experience
    Kevin Nolan-Fantastic goalscorer from Midfield
    Mark Noble-West Ham Icon and a decent midfielder

have you seen him play recently, probably not

So how can you say he has not improved just because he is not starting ahead of them 3, it means nothing he might have got a lot better but them 3 still have more experience than him.

now if you have watched him play for their under 21's or watched him in training and think he has gone backwards then fair play and I am sorry for question you, but If you have not then there is no chance you can say he has not improved
    I think you're wasting your time NLA...
  • Options

But what you can say is, whether he has improved at WHU or not, he'd have definitely progressed much more quickly than he has done by playing competitive games.

again if oyet was here yes he would be playing first team more than likely
    if Fox, Gomez or Cousins went to West Ham would they start NO,
    don't think you can say they have developed better than Poyet in that case

unless as I said u have seen him in training or under 21 games
  • Options

According to Wet Spam's web site, he has made a grand total of three league appearances for their development squad. (in addition to three for their first team and two for Huddersfield.) While at Huddersfield, they played four games. He was an unused sub in one and not selected at all in the last game he was available for. Doesn't sound like he's setting the world alight to me!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How do you know if gomez Jordan or fox would have broken through, you don't so you can't say that

What you can say is that since leaving us poyet has not broken in to the west ham first team, this after leaving a club he was head and shoulders the best midfielder in, and was progressing really well

Therefore since leaving cafc he has so far not progressed at the pace he was at ours

Therefore he has stagnated in his progression despite, being around better training, players and coaching
  • Options
    I don't see how anybody could think the move to West Ham has benefitted Poyet this season anything other than financially.
  • Options
    I would have thought Poyet went to West ham because he thought he would be in the team most weeks, he didn't realize they were going to sign Song and he would struggle to get on the bench. Even with his dad's advise, this season have been a waste of time for Diego, i hope this is all being noted by Joe Gomez, now that he's playing most weeks.
    Also John Bostock should be the lesson for all young players, not to move too early.
  • Options
    Last season was the season he broke through. I always thought given his age and the advice at his disposal, that he'd make the right football decision. He should have stayed with us and focused on getting better, but didn't. Next season is going to be very important for him, but he is a great example to other young players. But not for the right reason.
  • Options
    His bank balance has come on leaps and bounds though
  • Options
    It did Tom Taiwo and Michael Woods wonders leaving Leeds for Chelsea, for Woods it meant he could train with all those stars and end up at... Hartlepool
  • Options
    Michael Woods is the example of take the money whilst you can as injuries ruined his career at a young age
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

According to Wet Spam's web site, he has made a grand total of three league appearances for their development squad. (in addition to three for their first team and two for Huddersfield.) While at Huddersfield, they played four games. He was an unused sub in one and not selected at all in the last game he was available for. Doesn't sound like he's setting the world alight to me!
    You won't get a reply because you've completely finished the job NLA started and he won't have a reply. I know that the Poyet of last season wouldn't have a problem getting into Huddlesfields team.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2015

cafcfan said:

You won't get a reply because you've completely finished the job NLA started and he won't have a reply. I know that the Poyet of last season wouldn't have a problem getting into Huddlesfields team.....
    Not replying because I know when to stop, otherwise I will lose my account.

Its clear I am the only person in the universe who think he made the right choice moving to a premier league club and don't think that at 19 years his career has stagnated
  • Options
    Let me summarise

He's another Greedy Bastard
  • Options
    At the time I thought it could be a good move for him because he was going to a club where he might have a chance of getting games. But he hasn't and so in hindsight he would have been better off getting at least one full season in the championship under his belt.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    In pure terms the question comes down to whether it is better for a player's development to train with Premiership players but only play development football, or go out on loan where you lose the benefit of training with Premiership players, or be a regular first teamer in the Championship?

However we cannot talk solely about pure terms as filthy lucre always rears its ugly head.
  • Options
    What is the point of training with top class players, if you spend most of the time on loan to lesser clubs, not Poyet yet, but most other so called brilliant younger players with top clubs
  • Options

Moved from what was then a bottom half Championship team without a manager to a top half Premier League club. And yes he has played in a handful of games.

Pretty decent progression if you ask me.
  • Options

cafcfan said:

Not replying because I know when to stop, otherwise I will lose my account.

Its clear I am the only person in the universe who think he made the right choice moving to a premier league club and don't think that at 19 years his career has stagnated
    but then you reply to me? So answer this, if he has progressed as you state why did he not feature in all of Huddlesfields 4 games?
  • Options
    You can have a debate without losing your account,