Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General Election 2015 official thread

Comments

• http://www.bbc.com/news/election-2015-32471975

Have a listen for those who missed it

• By my shit kicker standards they are all "toffs". It's their respective views that impact on me.
  • Interesting that, to many on here, Boris is hated as an out of touch toff, but we learnt from the Marr show that he went to the same primary school and university as Ed.

So apparently based on attending a different secondary school for a few years, Ed is not considered a toff and is seen as a man of the people in touch with hard working families up and down the country.

Strange old world

didn't you know that we should judge people on their and their parents decisions when they were 11 years old? Except if it's the 11+ of course, cos seperating students on intelligence is just plain wrong!
  • brogib said:

http://www.bbc.com/news/election-2015-32471975

Have a listen for those who missed it

Just pricks talking over the top of other pricks.
  • Some people on here are voting for one of those Pricks to run the country, flabbergasted
  • Just saw the Marr "interview". What a hoot! A professional presenter interviewing a blond buffoon and a statesman. It's a shame it couldn't have gone on a bit longer, but I have a sneaky feeling we'll see Boris and Ed debating again in a few months, in the leader's debate ahead of the next general election.
  • Chizz said:

Just saw the Marr "interview". What a hoot! A professional presenter interviewing a blond buffoon and a statesman. It's a shame it couldn't have gone on a bit longer, but I have a sneaky feeling we'll see Boris and Ed debating again in a few months, in the leader's debate ahead of the next general election.

Don't think so Jizz
  • Chizz said:

Just saw the Marr "interview". What a hoot! A professional presenter interviewing a blond buffoon and a statesman. It's a shame it couldn't have gone on a bit longer, but I have a sneaky feeling we'll see Boris and Ed debating again in a few months, in the leader's debate ahead of the next general election.

Ed Miliband isn't blond. You sure you weren't watching Sunday Brunch?
  • Fiiish said:

Chizz said:

Did you see Marr ? I can't think even you could say that Johnson came out of it well.

• Sponsored links:

• Richard J said:

Fiiish said:

Chizz said:

Did you see Marr ? I can't think even you could say that Johnson came out of it well.

There are many words that can be used to describe Ed. 'Statesman' is probably the last word. It's so hyperbolically sycophantic that I don't think anyone who thinks that he deserves that title can be taken seriously.
  • Chizz said:

Just watched the whole show and without a shadow of a doubt it was another very strong performance by Milliband. He really is getting into his stride now. I have a lot of time for Boris but sometimes he takes his buffoonery too far.
  • Statesman HaHahahHaHAHaaAHHAhaHHhahahahA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Se_qAXc4VgM
  • brogib said:

It's not all about how they "come over", this fella could be Our next PM and can't even beat off BoJo on a Sunday morning TV show ffs

Eeurgh.
    Nobody wants to see that surely?
    :flushed:
  • brogib said:

Statesman HaHahahHaHAHaaAHHAhaHHhahahahA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Se_qAXc4VgM

Well at least if he becomes PM, he can provide the same amount of joy that Americans got out of Bush Jr's antics. Which is good because Bush destroyed their country's economy as well, so they'll have at least two things in common.
  • This is a good fact for a pub quiz. Ed Miliband went to the same school as Tulisa Contostavlos. FACT
    Chizz said:

Richard J said:

Fiiish said:

Chizz said:

I only saw the clip on the BBC site (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2015-32471975). Did I think Boris looked like a world leader, statesman-like, someone to look up to, and the potential leader of a country still in financial crisis? No.
    And you think Miliband does????

Wow.

Chizz said:

Richard J said:

Fiiish said:

Chizz said:

I only saw the clip on the BBC site (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2015-32471975). Did I think Boris looked like a world leader, statesman-like, someone to look up to, and the potential leader of a country still in financial crisis? No.
    And you think Miliband does????

Wow.
    In comparison to Boris, yes, obviously.

In comparison to how he's been portrayed in the media over the last five years, yes obviously.
  • Chizz said:

A professional presenter

Was Andrew Marr on holiday then and they got someone else in?
  • Sponsored links:

• Boris is likeable because he laughs at himself. It allows him to break the normal rules of politics and be forgiven. He is an intelligent man who plays the fool in an endearing way. But I think he will struggle if he tries to go beyond his current post. People expect something different from a prime minister.

I think Miliband doesn't have to convince those who are biased either way. But if people want to say he hasn't enhanced his reputation in this campaign, well you have to laugh at them. Even if it is a begrudging acknowledgment, your bias should not prevent honesty.
  • Miliband being compred to BoJo by his own supporters, what is this election coming to
  • cafcfan said:

Chizz said:

A professional presenter

Was Andrew Marr on holiday then and they got someone else in?
    Bless him!

He's one of those presenters that was really good on one broadcast medium; but not so good on another. He was great on radio, but often pretty dire on the tv.

Similar to Jeremy Vine.

The opposite of Angela Rippon and Michael Parkinson.

But I am not going to have a dig at Andrew Marr, because I am very pleased that he seems fully to have recovered from his illness of a couple of years ago.
  • Flagtastic stuff again @Chizz
  • Fiiish said:

Richard J said:

Fiiish said:

Chizz said:

There are many words that can be used to describe Ed. 'Statesman' is probably the last word. It's so hyperbolically sycophantic that I don't think anyone who thinks that he deserves that title can be taken seriously.
    I was talking about Johnson. I thought Chizz's description of a blond buffoon was spot on.
  • Boris being labelled a baffoon by the left shocker
  • edited April 2015
    Labour Supporters a few days ago - 'I really don't understand people that mock milliband for his appearance, it's what he says and does that matters. It just comes across as desperate attacks from the Tories.'

*few days later mock Boris Johnson on his appearance
  • Boris is 100x the politician of Milliband.

Any Tory that can win the London vote consecutively must be doing something right.
  • Labour Supporters a few days ago - 'I really don't understand people that mock milliband for his appearance, it's what he says and does that matters. It just comes across as desperate attacks from the Tories.

*few days later mock Boris Johnson on his appearance

Totally fair comment. I hold my hands up. Mocking someone for their appearance is a cheap shot.

Whatever he looks like, I still love Boris. He may be an empathy vacuum and a dangerous politician and a highly evasive figure. But I hope he stays in - or around - politics for a long time to come.