Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket - Spring 2015 (matches against WI, IRE & NZ)

Comments

• Options
    dickplumb said:

That team must have Australia shaking in their boots. Tredwell can't even get into the Kent 11. Conservative in the extreme, i am pleased Stokes is in the team.

Ali will probably come in for Treders by then. That is providing Bexley C C and Charlton fan, Adam Riley, hasn't displaced Treders in the England team as well as the Kent side by then ;-)
  • Options
    Great start. Trott goes for a duck.
  • Options
    Perhaps St Kitts is our level after all.
  • Options
    No offence to Tredders, but no way is he a Test match quality bowler

I was thinking that Cook and Trott is rather a stodgy opening partnership, but they haven't lasted long enough together to get bogged down!
  • Options

No offence to Tredders, but no way is he a Test match quality bowler

I was thinking that Cook and Trott is rather a stodgy opening partnership, but they haven't lasted long enough together to get bogged down!

Ballance should improve the run rate especially after his World cup performances ;-(
  • Options
    Cook very lucky to get away with an edge that falls short. The England batting is too slow. Cook- stodgy, Trott- Stodgy, Ballance- Stodgy, where are the players to get us off to a quick start? Why pick Trott when he is towards the end of his career and he is a walking wicket against Australia? Why pick Tredwell who is getting on, why not pick Rashid and see what he can do? Why are we so F****** CONSERVATIVE? Three runs scored so far in four overs, it is like watching paint dry.
  • Options
    Cook bowled for 11.

22-2
  • Options
  • Options
    Twenty seven runs scored in thirteen overs. Bell 0 from sixteen balls, Ballance 10 from thirty one balls, it's exciting stuff. Cook like a wicket waiting to happen. It looks like we are playing with a ton weight around our necks.
  • Options
    Ballance joins the others back in the pavilion. 34-3.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's all Bell's fault.
  • Options

It's all Bell's fault.

Don't say that PM. I've backed him @ 4/1 to be top England scorer in this innings ;-)
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Not sure what Adam Lyth has to do to be in that side.
  • Options
    Big changes are being made at the top of English Cricket, that's a start. I like the things Colin Graves has been saying about the current state of English cricket. I believe he'll get us on the right track but there's no quick fix. It's going to be a long summer!!
  • Options

It's all Bell's fault.

Don't say that PM. I've backed him @ 4/1 to be top England scorer in this innings ;-)
    20 should do it
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Oh dear. Ballance is a good top order batsman but throwing him into the World Cup like we did has obviously had a huge effect on him.
  • Options
    Lunch and 49-3 off 25 overs. I P L this isn't.
  • Options
    Meanwhile, David Warner is 25 NO from 8 balls in the IPL!
  • Options

Big changes are being made at the top of English Cricket, that's a start. I like the things Colin Graves has been saying about the current state of English cricket. I believe he'll get us on the right track but there's no quick fix. It's going to be a long summer!!

Maybe big changes are needed at the bottom too.
  • Options
    112-3 off 40 overs

Bell 47 (95)*
    Root 34 (68)*
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

No it isn't, this is a test match. Being all out for 200 odd in 20 overs is not what's required. 500 in two days will win this match. Bell and Root playing really well.
  • Options
    134-3, 45ovs.

Bell 62*
    Root 36*
  • Options
    Gammysnr said:

No it isn't, this is a test match. Being all out for 200 odd in 20 overs is not what's required. 500 in two days will win this match. Bell and Root playing really well.
    It is also about intent and I'm afraid that Trott, Cook and Ballance showed no intent whatsoever. Because if the intent is to stay there and see off the new ball they simply didn't do that. And the ball wasn't zipping about - they all got out to awful shots on a wicket that is doing very little.

• Options
    This is what I have been saying for a while, you can't just continually block, you have got to put some pressure on the bowlers. Even if you are just pushing for singles. The dynamics of the top three is all wrong, you need a more attacking player to open with Cook. Trott and Ballance are too defensive.
  • Options
    Tea.

167-3

Bell 69*
    Root 61*
  • Options
    211-4. Root gone for 83 from 133.
  • Options
    Now 219-4, 66 overs

Bell 90*
    Stokes 6*
  • Options
    Lazy shot from Root - shame,coz he was going well.
  • Options
    This is exactly the sort of match where bell will score heavily
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

This is exactly the sort of match where bell will score heavily

What, the one where we lose 3 early wickets, and are 30-3 ???