Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket - Spring 2015 (matches against WI, IRE & NZ)

Comments

• Options

McBobbin said:

This is exactly the sort of match where bell will score heavily

What, the one where we lose 3 early wickets, and are 30-3 ???
    It'll all settled down a bit :) a little bit of pressure so he keeps his concentration but not too much. See the last but one ashes.
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

McBobbin said:

It'll all settled down a bit :) a little bit of pressure so he keeps his concentration but not too much. See the last but one ashes.
    Sorry, dont accept that at all. In the Ashes of 2013, England were under a lot of pressure in the batting, and Bell came out with an average of 60+, scoring 3 centuries and 2 fifties, some 20 runs per innings more than the next batsman (KP) - and yet you still have to have a little go at him - what else has he got to do ??!! score a century in every innings he plays??.
    Really gets to me that everyone seems to have to have a pop at every Englnad player for whatever reason-even when he scores a bloody century !!
  • Options

McBobbin said:

McBobbin said:

Sorry, dont accept that at all. In the Ashes of 2013, England were under a lot of pressure in the batting, and Bell came out with an average of 60+, scoring 3 centuries and 2 fifties, some 20 runs per innings more than the next batsman (KP) - and yet you still have to have a little go at him - what else has he got to do ??!! score a century in every innings he plays??.
    Really gets to me that everyone seems to have to have a pop at every Englnad player for whatever reason-even when he scores a bloody century !!
    I was complimenting him! He was awesome in that series. I reckon he will do well in this series too... England under pressure after the world cup, he will step up
  • Options
    Bell almost gets himself caught on 98 but it goes through the slip fielder and he gets his 100.

247-4

Bell 102*
    Stokes 21*
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    276-4, 80 overs

Bell 113*
    Stokes 39*

WI don't take the new ball yet.

They do take it just one over later.
  • Options
    I dont think anyone is doubting Bell is a quality test batsman. probably even the best we have right now... but he should not have been in the one day team for a good few years now imo...
  • Options

I dont think anyone is doubting Bell is a quality test batsman. probably even the best we have right now... but he should not have been in the one day team for a good few years now imo...

Is the ! key broken on your keyboard?
  • Options
    Stokes gets to a half century.

299-4, 84 overs

Bell 123*
    Stokes 50*
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Now the 100-partnership between Bell and Stokes. Stokes is having some fun before the close of play.

313-4, 85 overs

Bell 123*
    Stokes 64* (from only 65 balls)
  • Options

Now the 100-partnership between Bell and Stokes. Stokes is having some fun before the close of play.

313-4, 85 overs

Bell 123*
    Stokes 64* (from only 65 balls)

Ah yes, Stokes the guy not picked for the World Cup...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Is the ! key broken on your keyboard?
    Eh??
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Bell gets a good one from Roach in the penultimate over of the day. Caught behind for 143.

341-5, 89 overs

Stokes 71*
    Tredwell 0* (nightwatchman)
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    No runs scored in the last over.

Close of play, day one:

341-5, 90 overs

Cook 11 (28) b Roach
    Trott 0 (3) c Bravo b Taylor
    Ballance 10 (46) c Bravo b Holder
    Bell 143 (256) c Ramdin b Roach
    Root 83 (133) b Taylor
    Stokes 71* (80)
    Tredwell 0* (0)

1-1 (Trott: 0.5ovs), 2-22 (Cook: 8ovs), 3-39 (Ballance:16.5ovs), 4-211 (Root; 63.2ovs), 5-341 (Bell, 89ovs)
  • Options
    It's all Bell's fau...........oh, alright
  • Options
    There was a time when you could imagine Tredwell batting 7 for England on merit. Now his batting will only be remembered for his attempt to hit Ravi Ashwin for six to win the Champions Trophy
  • Options
    (It wasn't a very convincing attempt)
  • Options

Cook
    Trott
    Ballance
    Bell
    Root
    Stokes
    Buttler
    Jordan
    Broad
    Tredwell
    Anderson

So, Bairstow, Lyth, Plunkett, Rashid and Wood left out. The Yorkshire supporters will feel that there is a conspiracy against them!

not sure Yorkshire will feel a conspiracy with Wood ;)
  • Options

Cook
    Trott
    Ballance
    Bell
    Root
    Stokes
    Buttler
    Jordan
    Broad
    Tredwell
    Anderson

So, Bairstow, Lyth, Plunkett, Rashid and Wood left out. The Yorkshire supporters will feel that there is a conspiracy against them!

Probably not - but he might well take the Durham to Yorkshire route a la Plunkett. Just the six Tykes in the squad so one of them had to play!

Talking of Yorkshire and bowlers I see Jack Brooks has taken three of the first four wickets to fall in the second innings of their game against Worcester giving him figures so far of 8-70. He was, I believe, in the top two or three wicket takers in the Championship winning side last season but, at almost 31 now, is unlikely to figure in the England side of the future.
  • Options

Cook
    Trott
    Ballance
    Bell
    Root
    Stokes
    Buttler
    Jordan
    Broad
    Tredwell
    Anderson

Probably not - but he might well take the Durham to Yorkshire route a la Plunkett. Just the six Tykes in the squad so one of them had to play!

Talking of Yorkshire and bowlers I see Jack Brooks has taken three of the first four wickets to fall in the second innings of their game against Worcester giving him figures so far of 8-70. He was, I believe, in the top two or three wicket takers in the Championship winning side last season but, at almost 31 now, is unlikely to figure in the England side of the future.
    well 2 out of 6 are playing
  • Options

Cook
    Trott
    Ballance
    Bell
    Root
    Stokes
    Buttler
    Jordan
    Broad
    Tredwell
    Anderson

well 2 out of 6 are playing
    Yes but picking Wood for Ballance or Root would really have caused a stir wouldn't it ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stokes tries to lash one away but gets caught in the slips for 79.

357-6

Tredwell 8*
    Buttler 0*
  • Options
    Tredwell caught at slip off Holder for 8.

357-7

Buttler 0*
    Jordan 0*
  • Options
    Buttler 22 ball duck.
  • Options
    361-8
  • Options
    Broad joins Jordan in the middle. 361-8

Jordan 4*
    Broad 0*
  • Options
    20-3 off 13 overs in the first hour.

Windies "intent" has been to be disciplined, bowl in the right areas and wait for us to make a mistake. And we have duly obliged!
  • Options
    Broad swiftly follows guiding the ball to gully.

361-9 and 20-4 today
  • Options
    Not been a good first hour for England. Hopefully Jordan and Jimmy can push us up to 400.
  • Options
    They need to declassify the spot-fixing game's Test status, not because of the spot-fixing but because Broad scored 177 in a single innings
  • Options
    It is now almost two years and some 60 innings since Cook scored a ton in a Test or ODI.

Still, no doubt he will prove himself to be a modern day Brearley when we come to field.