Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket - Spring 2015 (matches against WI, IRE & NZ)

Comments

• Options
    394-9, 109.2 overs

Jordan 20*
    Anderson 16*
  • Options
    England all out for 399.

Anderson loops the part time spinner into the hands of cover for 20.

Jordan finishes 21 n/o.
  • Options
    399 all out, 110.4 overs

Cook 11 (28) b Roach
    Trott 0 (3) c Bravo b Taylor
    Ballance 10 (46) c Bravo b Holder
    Bell 143 (256) c Ramdin b Roach
    Root 83 (133) b Taylor
    Stokes 79 (95) c Holder b Taylor
    Tredwell 8 (24) c Bravo b Holder
    Buttler 0 (22) c Ramdin b Roach
    Jordan 21* (38)
    Broad 0 (3) c Blackwood b Roach
    Anderson 20 (22) c Holder b Samuels

1-1 (Trott: 0.5ovs), 2-22 (Cook: 8ovs), 3-39 (Ballance:16.5ovs), 4-211 (Root; 63.2ovs), 5-341 (Bell, 89ovs), 6-357 (Stokes: 95.2ovs), 7-357 (Tredwell: 98.1ovs), 8-361 (Buttler: 101.6ovs), 9-361 (Broad; 103.3ovs), 10-399 (Anderson; 110.4ovs)
  • Options
    Jonathan Agnew ‏@Aggerscricket 55s55 seconds ago
    England innings: 34/3. 307/2. 58/5. 2nd highest total ever by a team losing 1st 3 wkts for less than 40 and last 6 wkts for less than 60
  • Options
    Bit of a damp squib after Bell's heroics. Mind you, would have taken 360 odd when 32 for 3
  • Options
    WI 47-2, 19ovs

Braithwaite 21*
    Samuels 4*

Smith caught behind off Anderson for 11 and Bravo caught behind off Jordan for 10.
  • Options

England innings: 34/3. 307/2. 58/5. 2nd highest total ever by a team losing 1st 3 wkts for less than 40 and last 6 wkts for less than 60

Who does these stats ?? - need to get a life .
  • Options
    There's something lovely about watching Kraigg Brathwaite bat. A simpler, gentler time is reborn, briefly (although usually not so briefly)
  • Options
    Leuth said:

There's something lovely about watching Kraigg Brathwaite bat. A simpler, gentler time is reborn, briefly (although usually not so briefly)

Almost Boycottesque.
  • Options
    I reckon Alistair Cook should just play like that. He doesn't have many shots - instead of putting himself under obvious pressure to score more quickly he should just say f**k it, I'm staying in; run rate doesn't matter - and bat like this kid. There's a real certainty to his game
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Who does these stats ?? - need to get a life .
    "Stats life!"
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    97-3, 36 overs

Braithwaite 39*
    Chanderpaul 4*

Samuels caught behind off Broad for 33.
  • Options
    Broad's bowling has lacked venom but he had the nous to try a leg-cutter there. Maybe he could be our main spinner?
  • Options
    Superb catch by Jordan
  • Options
    I'm sure all the Kent fans on here are getting excited by Tredwell....
  • Options

At least we have someone to cheer on ;-)
  • Options

At least we have someone to cheer on ;-)
    fair point! give it a couple years and the young surrey boys will form the backbone of the side! Burns Sibley Ansari Roy Foakes Curran Dunn Meaker will be all over it!
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Treders takes his second wicket and has figures of 19-9-32-2

Compare that to Benn's figures of 26-3-85-0

194-5 after 80 overs and new ball being taken
  • Options
    Ramdin gloves a short one to Buttler off Broad

227-6
  • Options

It is now almost two years and some 60 innings since Cook scored a ton in a Test or ODI.

Still, no doubt he will prove himself to be a modern day Brearley when we come to field.

Judging by his defensive post lunch field placings he ain't no Brearley either.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    West Indies 295 all out

Treders the pick of the bowlers with impressive figures of 26-12-47-4
  • Options
    Trott gone.
  • Options
    edited April 2015

It is now almost two years and some 60 innings since Cook scored a ton in a Test or ODI.

Still, no doubt he will prove himself to be a modern day Brearley when we come to field.

Judging by his defensive post lunch field placings he ain't no Brearley either.
    Dont want to keep on about Cook and his captaincy, but he just drives me crazy - Blackwood is on 99 , never made a Test match century before - and he puts Long Off on the boundary ! Its schoolboy stuff.
  • Options
    Our top three are a real concern. Cook no hundred for 60 innings and almost two years, Trott's performance this Test will do nothing for his confidence and Ballance in the World Cup batted like a rabbit in headlights.

After that we do have the basis of a team but, all the time we're giving the opposition the upper hand at the outset, we are going to be on the back foot.
  • Options
    Make that 61 innings. Cook gone for 13.
  • Options
    Fed up with trying to stick by Cook.
  • Options
    TBH. i think that Trott has got 2 very good balls to get him out - i have confidence that he'll sort it out, however, with Cook, he has been sussed.The problem being that if Windies have sussed him then certainly Oz will have. This all comes bck to my view that it is very probable that he will have a stinker of a series against NZ, what with Boult and Mclenaghan - all leads to KP coming back as Captain !
  • Options
    I am bored with slagging Cook now.

He was sussed out a long long time ago and just doesn't know where his off stump is

We have better county players now. I'd go for the Yorkshire openers.
  • Options
    Windies getting a lot more movement than we did.
  • Options
    I like Ballance . (that'll be the kiss of death then)