Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket - Spring 2015 (matches against WI, IRE & NZ)

Comments

• Options
    315-6. Ronchi caught behind off Anderson for 31.
  • Options
    Too many already for England to chase.
    Their crap bowling display yesterday morning made this lead 50 more than it should have been.
  • Options
    Close of play. 338-6
  • Options
    Cam only see a NZ win from here
  • Options
    Back to the three basics for England so far as this test is concerned .. can't bat (with two notable exceptions), cant bowl, and can't field .. make it a round four .. can't catch
  • Options
    Let's hope the weather doesn't spoil the game, as potentially England face a massive run chase/survival exercise and I don't want us saved by the weather after what has been such a good mini series
  • Options

Back to the three basics for England so far as this test is concerned .. can't bat (with two notable exceptions), cant bowl, and can't field .. make it a round four .. can't catch

I think that's a bit harsh but I do worry what the Aussies will do if NZ can find our weaknesses. IMHO, the weaknesses are:

1) No bowler that can keep an end quiet
    2) No decent spinner
    3) Too many batsmen in the key positions out of form
  • Options
    Root takes a good catch off Anderson to dismiss Watling for 120.

NZ 368-7
  • Options

I think that's a bit harsh but I do worry what the Aussies will do if NZ can find our weaknesses. IMHO, the weaknesses are:

2) No decent spinner
    Weren't saying that a week ago, when Cook,Buttler,Stokes,Ali all got good runs - shows how fickle England fans are.

Agree about bowling though.
  • Options
    Wicket!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Watling now out 368-7.
  • Options
    Just dropped another catch at slip.
  • Options
    400 up
  • Options
    420-7

20 from Broad's last over. N Z have scored 82 in just 12 overs this morning.

England will now have to score more runs than other team to win a Test.
  • Options
    Southee goes 0,4,6,4,4,2 off a Broad over ... ouch!
  • Options
    Might as well give up and go home now! I've turned over to Murray at the French Open...
  • Options
    432-7 and just 94 scored in the first hours play. Who said Test cricket was boring?
  • Options

432-7 and just 94 scored in the first hours play. Who said Test cricket was boring?

It is when WE'RE being smashed around the park.!
  • Options
    Southee caught on boundary by Anderson off Ali.

435-8
  • Options
    454-8 declared
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Virtually five an over for 91 overs shows how easy they've made it look.
  • Options
    Our toothless bowling is going to really cause us a battering against Oz. An ageing fast attack with no spinner who can hold an end up. Prepare for the worst.
  • Options
    Assuming there's no rain, we only need to score at three an over to win ;-)
  • Options
    32-0 at lunch
  • Options

Assuming there's no rain, we only need to score at three an over to win ;-)

44-0 and rain has stopped play. Lyth 24* (29) & Cook 18* (49). Cook starving Lyth of the strike.
  • Options
    Starving Lyth of the strike, sack him
  • Options
    Leuth said:

You want to hope that Lyth isn't out next because Ballance and Cook between them could bring a whole new meaning to the word "starvation".
  • Options

2) No decent spinner
    Weren't saying that a week ago, when Cook,Buttler,Stokes,Ali all got good runs - shows how fickle England fans are.

Agree about bowling though.
    Bell and Ballance are not setting the world alight at the moment. You want numbers 3-5 in consistent form, otherwise I fear the Aussie openers will rip through us enough times.
  • Options

Leuth said:

You want to hope that Lyth isn't out next because Ballance and Cook between them could bring a whole new meaning to the word "starvation".
    The infinitesimal chance of England going for this target has vanished with the rain break. All about balls faced now
  • Options
    Play abandoned for the day