Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket - Spring 2015 (matches against WI, IRE & NZ)

Comments

• edited May 2015
  • edited May 2015
  • edited May 2015
  • Oi - this is the England thread.!
  • EOP 297-8.
  • edited May 2015
  • Disastrous start! Roy given out in what we shall call a dubious lbw! And Davies now run out without facing a ball! 8-2 in first over.. Henriques sent out ahead of Wilson...

Canters - wrong thread mate. I'll have to flag you soon !!
  • edited May 2015
  • Earth to cantersaddick...
  • Earth to cantersaddick...

Oh shirt! Wondered why these haddnt appeared on the Surrey thread! Too much alcohol today sorry...
  • Sponsored links:

• Apologies about that guys I look like a right mug...
  • MrOneLung said:

Anyone know the Surrey score?

23 less than Kent's score I believe. ;-)
  • 312-9

Broad with his 4th wicket
  • 337-9

40 runs scored so far this morning in the first 5 overs - be happy with that in T20 let alone a Test match.
  • edited May 2015
    350 all out

Good return from Broad of 5-109 though at a somewhat expensive 6.35 an over.
  • edited May 2015
    What absolute dross bowling this morning. There was a stat which said that in 72 overs Englnad had bowled 17 balls that would/could have hit the wicket ! - and 2 of those brought wickets.
    Surely this morning was the prime time for bowling full and at the wicket what with all the batsmen backing away and flat batting all the short stuff- but they just seem incable of doing it.- and just want to bounce people out.
  • Havnt seen Lyth bat before, but impressed so far, at least he is not interested in taking on bouncers and ducks out the way. Needs to be like that v Johnson etc.
  • Cook certainly seems a lot more solid too ! Good signs.
    That'll be the kiss of death then !
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2015

350 all out

Good return from Broad of 5-109 though at a somewhat expensive 6.35 an over.

In terms of RPO, Broad's "Michelle" is the most expensive in Test Cricket history.
  • The England run rate is far too adventurous. We need Ballance out there to calm things down.
  • 54-0 at lunch

Lyth & Cook both undefeated on 27
  • Lunch.

54-0

Both openers on 27, extremely well done by both of them.

Cook looks like his old self, great stuff.
  • I keep hearing the experts say that with Cook no longer playing ODI cricket he is back to his old self, couldn't agree more. If only he'd have listened to my (and Michael Vaughn's) advice a year ago to quit ODI's........
  • Afternoon session about to start, Cook is on 8896 runs in Test Cricket so needs 5 more to surpass Gooch and become England's leading run scorer in Tests.
  • I cant remember the last time Englands openers put on a really big score. Hopefully this is it because I can't see us winning the Ashes unless the top order scores heavily.
  • edited May 2015
    Congratulations Alastair Cook, superb. Headingley erupts.
  • Cook is only 30 i think ? - he could go on and on - to maybe 12000 runs! - way past anyone else.
  • If he stays in this form for the rest of his career he could go past Sachin ... :-)