Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2015 Betfred Snooker World Championship Official thread

Comments

• Options

MrOneLung said:

Do they already know who they have in next round or is it a draw?

already know, anyone in particular you was looking at
    No, just wondered.

Thanks for updates.
  • Options
    Craig Steadman 6-3 Jamie Burnett
    Ryan Day 6-3 Jak Jones
    Yu De Lu 5-4 Graeme Dott
    Alan McManus 6-3 Mitchell Mann
    Mark King 5-4 Anthony McGill
    Mark Davis 8-1 Ken Doherty
    Matthew Stevens 5-4 Joe Swail
    Jamie Jones 5-4 Adam Duffy
  • Options
    Robin Hull 7-2 Igor Figueiredo
    Andrew Higginson 5-4 Robert Milkins
    Jimmy Robertson 5-4 Xiao Guodong
    Zhang Anda 5-4 Liang Wenbo
    Matthew Selt 6-3 Tom Ford
    Fergal O'Brien 6-3 Kurt Maflin
    Michael Holt 5-4 Robbie Williams
    Li Hang 5-4 Stuart Carrington
  • Options
    I forgot to say as to is Judgement Day World Snooker are broadcasting on their official youtube channel for anyone interested in watching
  • Options
    Mark Davis 10-3 Ken Doherty- Mark is a 42 year old from England who is making his 10th crucible appearance and has never got past the 2nd round, his nickname is Dark Mavis and he turned pro in 1991

Ryan Day 10-6 Jak Jones- Ryan is a 35 year old from Wales who is making his 10th crucible appearance and has got to the quarter final on 3 occasions, his nickname is Dynamite and turned pro in 1998

Craig Steadman 10-6 Jamie Burnett- Craig is a 32 year old from England who is making his crucible debut, he turned pro for the 3rd time in 2012 having previously been a pro from 2001/2005 and 2009/2010

Matthew Stevens 10-5 Joe Swail- Matthew is a 37 year old from Wales who is making his 15th crucible appearance he has got to the final twice, losing to Mark Williams and Shaun Murphy, his nickname is The Welsh Dragon and turned pro in 1994

Graeme Dott 10-7 Yu De Lu- Graeme is a 37 year old former World Champion from Scotland who is making his 16th crucible appearance he has got to the final 3 times losing to Ronnie O'Sullivan and Neil Robertson and beating Peter Ebdon in 2006, his nickname is The Pocket Dynamo and he turned pro in 1994

Jamie Jones 10-8 Adam Duffy- Jamie is a 27 year old from Wales who is making his 2nd crucible appearance, he amazed people in his first appearance getting through to the quarter final, his nickname is The Cimla Quiff and he turned pro for the 4th time in 2010 having previously been a pro 2004/2005, 2006/2007 2008/20009

Alan McManus 10-6 Mitchell Mann- Alan is a 44 year old from Scotland who is making his 19th crucible appearance, he has got to the semi final twice, his nickname is Angles McManus and he turned pro in 1990

Anthony McGill 10-9 Mark King- Anthony is a 24 year old from Scotland who is making his crucible debut, he turned pro in 2010
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Robin Hull 10-4 Igor Figueiredo- Robin is a 40 year old from Finland who is making his 3rd appearance at the crucible, both previous times he lost in the first round, his nickname is Roope and turned pro for the 3rd time in 2013 having previously been a pro player from 1992/2008 and 2011/2012, unfortunately for Robin he has had some pretty tough times, he was diagnosed with a potentially fatal virus and after that had issues with his heat which had been caused by the virus

Robbie Williams 10-5 Michael Holt- Robbie is a 28 year old from England who is making his 2nd appearance at the crucible having lost in the first round last year, he turned pro in 2012

Matthew Selt 10-8 Tom Ford- Matthew is a 30 year old from England who is making his 2nd appearance at the crucible his one previous appearance he lost in the 1st round, he turned pro for the 2nd time in 2007, having previously been a pro 2002/2005

Jimmy Robertson 10-9 Xiao Guodong- Jimmy is a 28 year old from England who is making his 2nd appearance at the crucible his one previous appearance he lost in the 1st round, His nickname is Robbo and he turned pro for the 3rd time in 2009 having previously been a pro 2002/2005 and 2007/2008

Robert Milkins 10-9 Andrew Higginson- Robert is a 39 year old from England who is making his 6th appearance at the crucible he has never got past the 2nd round, his nickname is The Milkman and he turned pro in 1995

Stuart Carrington 10-9 Li Hang- Stuart is a 24 year old from England who is making his crucible debut, he turned pro for the 2nd time in 2013 having previously been a pro 2011/2012

Zhang Anda 10-9 Liang Wenbo- Zhang is a 23 year old from China who is making his 2nd appearance at the crucible his one previous appearance he lost in the 1st round, his nickname is Mighty Mouse and he turned pro for the 2nd time in 2012 having previously been a pro 2009/2011

Kurt Maflin 10-9 Fergal O'Brien- Kurt is a 31 year old who was born in England but represent Norway who is making his crucible debut, He turned pro for the 3rd time in 2010 having previously been 2000/2005 and 2007/2008
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    So these are the 32 players who have a chance of being crowned 2015 World Champion, in brackets are the players ranking

SEEDED
    Mark Selby-England (1)
    Ronnie O'Sullivan-England (2)
    Ding Junhui-China (3)
    Neil Robertson-Australia (4)
    Barry Hawkins-England (5)
    Judd Trump-England (6)
    Ricky Walden-England (7)
    Shaun Murphy-England (8)
    Joe Perry-England (9)
    Stuart Bingham-England (10)
    Marco Fu-Hong Kong (11)
    Mark Allen-Northern Ireland (12)
    John Higgins-Scotland (13)
    Mark Williams-Wales (14)
    Stephen Maguire-Scotland (15)
    Ali Carter-England (31) automatic entrance due to health issues earlier in the season

UNSEEDED
    Robert Milkins-England (17)
    Mark Davis-England (18)
    Graeme Dott-Scotland (19)
    Ryan Day-Wales (20)
    Alan McManus-Scotland (23)
    Matthew Selt-England (30)
    Anthony McGill-Scotland (32) Crucible Debut
    Matthew Stevens-Wales (35)
    Kurt Maflin- Norway (38) Crucible Debut
    Jamie Jones-Wales (40)
    Jimmy Robertson-England (42)
    Robbie Williams-England (58)
    Robin Hull-Finland (68)
    Stuart Carrington-England (69) Crucible Debut
    Craig Steadman-England (81) Crucible Debut
    Zhang Anda-China (98)

so here is who the 32 represent

England-16
    Scotland-5
    Wales-4
    China-2
    Northern Ireland-1
    Ausralia-1
    Hong Kong-1
    Finland-1
    Norway-1

so half the field is English, and people said China would dominate the game :wink:
  • Options
    I'm concerned by the lack of nicknames for Robbie Williams, Stuart Carrington, Kurt Maflin, Matthew Selt and Anthony McGill.
    Come on Paulie, sort it out!
    :smile:
  • Options
    What was your prediction success in last round Paulie ?
  • Options

I'm concerned by the lack of nicknames for Robbie Williams, Stuart Carrington, Kurt Maflin, Matthew Selt and Anthony McGill.
    Come on Paulie, sort it out!
    :smile:

I can't make them up lol
    Although I am sure u thought I did with Dark Mavis, but no that is real
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

What was your prediction success in last round Paulie ?

10/16
  • Options
    was gonna update this yesterday but someone had apparently stolen cables in my area and my internet has only just gone on

the draw was made at 10:30 yesterday Morning

Mark Selby V Kurt Maflin
    Stephen Maguire V Anthony McGill
    Joe Perry V Zhang Anda
    Shaun Murphy V Robin Hull
    Barry Hawkins V Matthew Selt
    Mark Allen V Ryan Day
    Ali Carter V Alan McManus
    Neil Robertson V Jamie Jones
    Ding Junhui V Mark Davis
    John Higgins V Robert Milkins
    Marco Fu V Jimmy Robertson
    Judd Trump V Stuart Carrington
    Ricky Walden V Graeme Dott
    Stuart Bingham V Robbie Williams
    Mark Williams V Matthew Stevens
    Ronnie O'Sullivan V Craig Steadman

and here are the current odds with the sponsers Betfred

Ronnie O'Sullivan 2/1
    Neil Robertson 11/2
    Judd Trump 6/1
    Mark Selby 8/1
    Shaun Murphy 11/1
    Ding Junhui 16/1
    Mark Allen 28/1
    John Higgins 28/1
    Mark Williams 33/1
    Stephen Maguire 33/1
    Stuart Bingham 50/1
    Barry Hawkins 50/1
    Ricky Walden 66/1
    Marco Fu 80/1
    Ali Carter 80/1
    Joe Perry 80/1
    Mark Davis 125/1
    Graeme Dott 125/1
    Robert Milkins 150/1
    Ryan Day 150/1
    Matthew Stevens 200/1
    Matthew Selt 200/1
    Anthiny McGill 200/1
    Alan McManus 250/1
    Kurt Maflin 250/1
    Jimmy Robertson 250/1
    Jamie Jones 300/1
    Robin Hull 400/1
    Zhang Anda 500/1
    Robbie Williams 500/1
    Stuart Carrington 500/1
    Craig Steadman 1000/1

I would avoid O'Sullivan at all cost always clear favorite but not played well the last few months(what I mean by that is he has looked beatable and if someone start to take a lead he will get frustrated again)

I think both Williams and Maguire worth a put at 33/1
    Maguire will win it one day and Williams has found form this season
  • Options
    Kurt Maflin is a SE Londoner originally (Lewisham) but married a Norwegian and moved there about 10 years ago. He takes on number one seed Mark Selby tomorrow.
  • Options
    we are ready and off 17 days starts now

Mark Selby V Kurt Maflin( Live on BBC2)

Marco Fu V Jimmy Robertson( Live online and on BBC Red Button)
  • Options
    Mark Selby 6-3 up after the first session
  • Options
    Marco Fu 5-4 up after the first session
  • Options
    Is it on Eurosport again this year? Prefer them to the Beeb
  • Options
    Selby on the ropes
  • Options

Selby on the ropes

crucible curse, no first time champion has ever retained the title

1980-Terry Griffiths-Lost in the 2nd Round
    1981-Cliff Thorburn-Lost in the Semi Final
    1982-Steve Davis-Lost in the 1st Round
    1986-Dennis Taylor-Lost in the 1st Round
    1987-Joe Johnson-Lost in the Final
    1991-Stephen Hendry-Lost in the Quarter Final
    1992-John Parrott-Lost in the Quarter Final
    1998-Ken Doherty-Lost in the Final
    1999-John Higgins-Lost in the Semi Final
    2001-Mark Williams-Lost in the 2nd Round
    2002-Ronnie O'Sullivan-Lost in the Semi Final
    2003-Peter Ebdon-Lost in the Quarter Final
    2006-Shaun Murphy-Lost in the Quarter Final
    2007-Graeme Dott-Lost in the 1st Round
    2011-Neil Robertson-Lost in the 1st Round
  • Options
    Mark Selby 10-9 Kurt Maflin

Selby was 8-4 up, Maflin then went 9-8 up, but Selby managed to hold on

commentators mentioned it a few times, Selby really showed his character and grit, from 8-5 to 8-9 Maflin had an incredible run of the ball, and most players would have collapsed at that point, but Selby carried on and got the win
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oi Paulie , where were the predictions for this round , stop hiding , do em in the next round please
  • Options

Oi Paulie , where were the predictions for this round , stop hiding , do em in the next round please

fine, but I left this round because the top 16 will be favorites and most will make it

Mark Selby V Kurt Maflin (Selby Won)
    Stephen Maguire V Anthony McGill (Maguire is 6-3 Behind)
    Joe Perry V Zhang Anda
    Shaun Murphy V Robin Hull
    Barry Hawkins V Matthew Selt
    Mark Allen V Ryan Day
    Ali Carter V Alan McManus
    Neil Robertson V Jamie Jones
    Ding Junhui V Mark Davis
    John Higgins V Robert Milkins (Higgins is 6-3 up)
    Marco Fu V Jimmy Robertson (Fu is 5-4 up)
    Judd Trump V Stuart Carrington
    Ricky Walden V Graeme Dott(Dott is 5-4 up)
    Stuart Bingham V Robbie Williams
    Mark Williams V Matthew Stevens
    Ronnie O'Sullivan V Craig Steadman

see only 2 of the top 16 wont't go through IMO and one of them is actually ranked 31st and his opponent 23rd so that don't really count, so its only Dott to beat Walden
  • Options
    Ta
  • Options
    I liked the look of Kurt Maflin... shame his draw was so tough ... from Lewisham originally as well...
  • Options

I think both Williams and Maguire worth a put at 33/1
    Maguire will win it one day and Williams has found form this season

Maybe this is not Maguires year AGAIN
  • Options
    yesterday:
    Marco Fu took his place in the 2nd round after beating Jimmy Robertson 10-8
    Graeme Dott booked his place in the 2nd round following his 10-8 win over Ricky Walden
    John Higgins eased past Rob Milkins 10-5
    Anthony McGill has extended his crucible debut after a hard fought 10-9 victory over Stephen Maguire- He now plays Mark Selby in the 2nd round(The only 2nd round match confirmed so far)

today sees the finish of 2 matches already started
    Barry Hawkins is currently 7-2 up over Matthew Selt-10:00 start
    Neil Robertson is currently 7-2 up over Jamie Jones-14:30 start

Stuart Bingham v Robbie Williams starts at 10:00 and finishes at 19:00
    Ding Junhui V Mark Davis starts at 14:30
    Ali Carter V Alan McManus starts at 19:00

Neil Robertson picked up a 143 today so is in line for the high break prize

Neil Robertson, Ricky Walden and Mark Selby all have 2 centuries for the tournament
  • Options
    The BBC commentary team is ok but Eurosport have Phil Yates commentating. The best and most insightful snooker commentator. Therefore, I watch the Eurosport coverage whenever Yates is Commentating.
  • Options

The BBC commentary team is ok but Eurosport have Phil Yates commentating. The best and most insightful snooker commentator. Therefore, I watch the Eurosport coverage whenever Yates is Commentating.

For me, nothing beats hearing Virgo go 'where's the cue ball going, where's the cue ball going'
  • Options

Disagree with that Stephen Hendry is the most insightful since he joined the BBC team it has been brilliant, obviously really knows what he is talking about
  • Options

not had a chance to watch any coverage so far this year, but I totally agree with this.

Asked earlier if on eurosport again this year, but Paulie blanked me ....