Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2015 Betfred Snooker World Championship Official thread

Comments

• Options
    vff said:

Missus has now gone onto that if Chelsea win the Premiership would that get promoted to the God's league. The Premier of the Premier leagues. My feeling is that they have enough of that kind of complex already without encouraging them further. On good sporting form today. Loves Charlton and hates Millwall though so got that bit right.

can you make a film, with you just asking her sporting questions :wink:
  • Options

vff said:

Missus has now gone onto that if Chelsea win the Premiership would that get promoted to the God's league. The Premier of the Premier leagues. My feeling is that they have enough of that kind of complex already without encouraging them further. On good sporting form today. Loves Charlton and hates Millwall though so got that bit right.

The answers would be of a different angle to the way that you would usually think about a sport.
  • Options
    vff said:

vff said:

The answers would be of a different angle to the way that you would usually think about a sport.
    Hang on, your missus isn't seeing @Leuth on the side is she?
    :smiley:
  • Options

vff said:

vff said:

Hang on, your missus isn't seeing @Leuth on the side is she?
    :smiley:
    No mate. I take it that their discussion on sport would be on a bit different level.

To be fair, I am fortunate that the missus does like football.
  • Options
    Todays sessions have now ended

Barry Hawkins booked his placed in the Quarter final after beating Mark Allen 13-11
    Ding Junhui is also through after he defeated John Higgins 13-9
    Stuart Bingham is the 4th man through and he only needed 2 frames to do it today beating Graeme Dott 13-5

Neil Robertson leads Ali Carter 6-2 after the 1st session
    Ronnie O'Sullivan Leads Matthew Stevens 5-3 after the 1st session

Tomorrows Matches:
    10:00-Joe Perry V Shaun Murphy-1st session
    10:00-Marco Fu V Judd Trump-1st session
    14:30-Neil Robertson 6-2 Ali Carter-2nd session
    14:30-Ronnie O'Sullivan 5-3 Matthew Stevens-2nd session
    19:00-Joe Perry V Shaun Murphy-2nd session
    19:00-Marco Fu V Judd Trump-2nd session
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Neil Robertson still has the high break with a 143, and the current standing for most centuries is as follows:

Neil Robertson-5
    Mark Selby-4-OUT
    Mark Allen-3
    Stuart Bingham-3
    Barry Hawkins-3
    Ding Junhui-2
    Anthony McGill-2
    Shaun Murphy-2
    Ronnie O'Sullivan-2
    Matthew Stevens-2
    Matt Selt-2-OUT
    Ricky Walden-2-OUT
    Ali Carter-1
    John Higgins-1-OUT
    Judd Trump-1
    Mark Davis-1-OUT
    Jimmy Robertson-1-OUT
    Zhang Anda-1-OUT

Barry Hawkins the big winner today not only did he book his place in the quarters he got 3 centuries on the process
  • Options
    no matches finished yesterday although but the quarter final will be finished today and in all honesty if you have a ticket for either session today, you might be asking for your money back hard to see many frames being played.

No Morning session so the matches are:
    13:00-Shaun Murphy 12-4 Joe Perry-Can only see 2 frames maximum here
    13:00-Judd Trump 10-6 Marco Fu-Depends how Judd comes out but would be very surprised if it is more than 4 frames
    19:00-Neil Robertson 11-5 Ali Carter-Can only see 3 frames maximum
    19:00-Ronnie O'Sullivan 12-4 Matthew Stevens-Can only see 1 frame here

honestly think both sessions will be over very quickly tomorrow
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Neil Robertson still has the high break with a 143, and the current standing for most centuries is as follows:

Neil Robertson-6
    Ronnie O'Sullivan-4
    Mark Selby-4-OUT
    Mark Allen-3-OUT
    Stuart Bingham-3
    Barry Hawkins-3
    Shaun Murphy-3
    Ding Junhui-2
    Anthony McGill-2
    Matthew Stevens-2
    Matt Selt-2-OUT
    Judd Trump-2
    Ricky Walden-2-OUT
    Ali Carter-1
    Marco Fu-1
    Joe Perry-1
    Zhang Anda-1-OUT
    Mark Davis-1-OUT
    John Higgins-1-OUT
    Jimmy Robertson-1-OUT
  • Options
    Been catching this intermittently over the last week. Don't like Robertson, get him out. Like Trump, like Carter, want O'Sullivan to win. Who's your money on Paulie?
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Been catching this intermittently over the last week. Don't like Robertson, get him out. Like Trump, like Carter, want O'Sullivan to win. Who's your money on Paulie?

Trump wont win, proved yesterday why, potted 4 reds and blacks had an easy red which would have meant he had to go up for blue so instead took an almost impossible red to stay on the black, he missed and lost the frame, unfortunately until he learns a B game he won't win, with the matches as long as they are you cant just pot your way to the title like he wants to .

Think the winner will be the winner of the Murphy V Robertson semi
  • Options
    I think Robertson is a good bet. O'Sullivan looked in decent nick against Stevens though.
  • Options

cabbles said:

Trump wont win, proved yesterday why, potted 4 reds and blacks had an easy red which would have meant he had to go up for blue so instead took an almost impossible red to stay on the black, he missed and lost the frame, unfortunately until he learns a B game he won't win, with the matches as long as they are you cant just pot your way to the title like he wants to .

How many frames ahead was he at the time though?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2015

cabbles said:

How many frames ahead was he at the time though?
    TBH I cant remember what frame it was, the commentators said at the time no mater what the score is, is the frame is the most important thing
  • Options
    Get what they are saying, but worth a try in a way, and I bet he wouldn't do the same in say a tight semi-final or the final.
  • Options

Get what they are saying, but worth a try in a way, and I bet he wouldn't do the same in say a tight semi-final or the final.

I dunno, if there is one player in the top 16 you think would not manage to get a snooker if needed would be Trump
    unfortunately he just does not have that in his game
  • Options
    Has nobody won it yet?
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Has nobody won it yet?

even by this time next week you can still say that :smiley:
  • Options
    this evenings session started just after 7 and surprise surprise its already over,
    so today's results were

Shaun Murphy 13-5 Joe Perry- 2 frames only as I predicted
    Judd Trump 13-8 Marco Fu- 1 more frames than I thought Fu managed to hold on until the mid session interval but lost the 1st frame afterwards
    Ronnie O'Sullivan 13-5 Matthew Stevens- again 1 more frame than I predicted
    Neil Robertson 13-5 Ali Carter-1 frame less than I predicted as Robertson came out and won the 2 frames he needed straight away

so there was 11 frames of snooker today

The quarter final lineup is as follows:
    Anthony McGill V Shaun Murphy
    Barry Hawkins V Neil Robertson
    Ding Junhui V Judd Trump
    Stuart Bingham V Ronnie O'Sullivan

and here is tomorrows lineup:
    10:00-Anthony McGill V Shaun Murphy-1st session
    10:00-Ding Junhui V Judd Trump-1st session
    14:30-Barry Hawkins V Neil Robertson-1st session
    14:30-Stuart Bingham V Ronnie O'Sullivan-1st session
    19:00-Anthony McGill V Shaun Murphy-2nd session
    19:00-Ding Junhui V Judd Trump-2nd session
    Neil Robertson still has the high break but now its 145 after beating his own previous high break, and the current standing for most centuries is as follows:

Neil Robertson-7
    Ronnie O'Sullivan-4
    Mark Selby-4-OUT
    Mark Allen-3-OUT
    Stuart Bingham-3
    Barry Hawkins-3
    Shaun Murphy-3
    Judd Trump-3
    Ding Junhui-2
    Anthony McGill-2
    Matt Selt-2-OUT
    Matthew Stevens-2-OUT
    Ricky Walden-2-OUT
    Zhang Anda-1-OUT
    Ali Carter-1-OUT
    Mark Davis-1-OUT
    Marco Fu-1-OUT
    John Higgins-1-OUT
    Joe Perry-1-OUT
    Jimmy Robertson-1-OUT
  • Options
    What happens when there are only two or three frames played and people have bought tickets? Is it like cricket where you get. Sliding scale refund depending on how much play there is or do they wheel out Davis and Hendry to give an exhibition? Or is it just tough titty?
  • Options

What happens when there are only two or three frames played and people have bought tickets? Is it like cricket where you get. Sliding scale refund depending on how much play there is or do they wheel out Davis and Hendry to give an exhibition? Or is it just tough titty?

they had an exhibition tonight, 2 former world champions apparently
  • Options
    How are the century breaks going compared to record number in the tournament?
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

How are the century breaks going compared to record number in the tournament?

not sure about the record I thought it was around 80
    but wrongapedia says its in the 70s

so far its 47 this year
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm sure it was 82 or 83.
  • Options

I'm sure it was 82 or 83.

that's exactly what I thought
  • Options
    83 in 2009.
  • Options
    Today's session have finished

Shaun Murphy 9-7 Anthony McGill
    Barry Hawkins 5-3 Neil Robertson
    Judd Trump 12-4 Ding Junhui
    Stuart Bingham 5-3 Ronnie O'Sullivan

Tomorrows matches:
    10:00-Barry Hawkins 5-3 Neil Robertson-2nd session
    10:00-Judd Trump 12-4 Ding Junhui-3rd session
    14:30-Shaun Murphy 9-7 Anthony McGill-3rd session
    14:30-Stuart Bingham 5-3 Ronnie O'Sullivan-2nd session
    19:00-Stuart Bingham 5-3 Ronnie O'Sullivan-3rd session
    19:00-Barry Hawkins 5-3 Neil Robertson-3rd session
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Neil Robertson still has the high break with a 145, and the current standing for most centuries is as follows:

Neil Robertson-8
    Judd Trump-7
    Shaun Murphy-6
    Ronnie O'Sullivan-6
    Mark Selby-4-OUT
    Stuart Bingham-3
    Barry Hawkins-3
    Anthony McGill-3
    Mark Allen-3-OUT
    Ding Junhui-2
    Matthew Stevens-2-OUT
    Matt Selt-2-OUT
    Ricky Walden-2-OUT
    Ali Carter-1-OUT
    Marco Fu-1-OUT
    Joe Perry-1-OUT
    Zhang Anda-1-OUT
    Mark Davis-1-OUT
    John Higgins-1-OUT
    Jimmy Robertson-1-OUT

11 centuries made today
  • Options
    Strange behaviour from O'Sullivan yesterday using a piece of chalk to gauge where the pink would spot. Every player knows you can't do that.
  • Options
    edited April 2015

Strange behaviour from O'Sullivan yesterday using a piece of chalk to gauge where the pink would spot. Every player knows you can't do that.

That's O'Sullivan for ya, and knob who always wants to be centre of attention

What makes it worse was Ken Doherty afterwards, he said you can't blame O'Sullivan he might not have known the rules, Blame the ref and blame Bingham who should have known the rules and alerted the ref.

So according to him Bingham should no the rules but O'Sullivan shouldn't.

Once again it proves how up Ronnie O'Sullivan's arse the BBC and their snooker pundits are.
  • Options
    I've never seen anyone do that in any game at any level and I don't think it even helped him much. I think he just did it to be antagonistic. It's a shame that such a talented player can be such a dickhead at times.
  • Options
    Is Ted Lowe still with us?
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Is Ted Lowe still with us?

unfortunately not he passed in 2011 aged 90

he died on the morning of the World Championship final
  • Options

I was once at the RAC Club in Pall Mall for a client do and we were playing snooker.

I placed the chalk on the cushion next to me, and a member of staff came over, halted proceedings and removed the chalk stating 'gentlemen, you are not in a common billiard hall now'.