Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Please you

Comments

• Options

Dave Mehmet has finally declared his love for.......
  • Options
    Completely clearing the decks at work, buggering off a bit early and being on leave all next week.
  • Options
    When you stand by and defend a player (and their mistakes) for so long they start to reward you with some fine performances to prove that you maybe were right to back them rather than condemn them (i.e. Pope and Fox)
  • Options

T.C.E said:

Handing my notice in at work.

I walked into our office in scruffy old dog walking shorts, no socks and trainers (despite office protocol) and being on compassionate leave (wife was in hospital) my gaffer putting on a show for others made a coffee and made all the right noises, leaning back in the chair I put my foot on his desk to tighten a lace, his face was picture. Standing up and telling him this wasn't a social call and to poke his job and his man management skills were zero, I shook every ones hand bar his and walked out. Fecking loved it, best feeling in the world.
    Brilliant stuff.

My boss, asked me what company I was leaving for. When I told him I hadn't lined up another job, he asked why I was leaving? My response? "I'm just bored of getting up in the morning and coming to work here. I'd like to say I've enjoyed working here, but I haven't"
    Love it... One of the best lines that Managers come out with is: If your not happy here, dont bother coming into work tomorrow simply because they know they're bluffing and know that most people will be forced into work for whatever financial commitment.

So to throw that back into their face must be priceless :)
  • Options

T.C.E said:

I walked into our office in scruffy old dog walking shorts, no socks and trainers (despite office protocol) and being on compassionate leave (wife was in hospital) my gaffer putting on a show for others made a coffee and made all the right noises, leaning back in the chair I put my foot on his desk to tighten a lace, his face was picture. Standing up and telling him this wasn't a social call and to poke his job and his man management skills were zero, I shook every ones hand bar his and walked out. Fecking loved it, best feeling in the world.
    Brilliant stuff.

My boss, asked me what company I was leaving for. When I told him I hadn't lined up another job, he asked why I was leaving? My response? "I'm just bored of getting up in the morning and coming to work here. I'd like to say I've enjoyed working here, but I haven't"
    Love it... One of the best lines that Managers come out with is: If your not happy here, dont bother coming into work tomorrow simply because they know they're bluffing and know that most people will be forced into work for whatever financial commitment.

Not so sure my wife will be too impressed when I tell her :
  • Options

T.C.E said:

Brilliant stuff.

Not so sure my wife will be too impressed when I tell her :
    Oh grow a pair Ricky... Just dont tell her lol!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Having recently moved to Barnehurst I now get a seat on the train EVERY day even if the train before was cancelled and all the charring cross riffraff are getting on as well.
  • Options
    Getting a LOL for a post I made 12 (twelve) months ago. I'm on my phone, so can't check who it's from, but from past experience it'll be one of the pet spanners on here, probably the most easily offended and most unique one, thinking he/she is making a clever sarcastic point.

It pleases me to know I wind him/her up so much that he/she had to revisit a comment I made 12 (TWELVE) months ago. And I didn't even have to try.
  • Options
    Spent two hours with a supposedly "out of control" "untrainable" Staffordshire Bullterrier teaching it basic good manners and the owner a few dog handling skills only to find, what we did saved the dog from being PTS............. I love my job :)
  • Options
    IA said:

Getting a LOL for a post I made 12 (twelve) months ago. I'm on my phone, so can't check who it's from, but from past experience it'll be one of the pet spanners on here, probably the most easily offended and most unique one, thinking he/she is making a clever sarcastic point.

It pleases me to know I wind him/her up so much that he/she had to revisit a comment I made 12 (TWELVE) months ago. And I didn't even have to try.

It was from Shay Given.

If it was the Steve Clarke thread, then I looked it up for you and it was from millwallfan.
  • Options

IA said:

It was from Shay Given.

If it was the Steve Clarke thread, then I looked it up for you and it was from millwallfan.
    Yes. I was right. The Offended One.

Can't remember exactly, but I think that was the match Rotherham secured their survival and Millwall's relegation last season by beating whichever team was managed by Steve Clarke (Reading?)

12 months though. He/she should get a life.
  • Options

overhearing my complete tool of a boss on the phone saying he has an upset stomach today. My q to remove every single toilet roll and paper towel from the toilets nearest his office. An hour or so later he has rushed out to buy some new socks.

put them all back while he's out
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

overhearing my complete tool of a boss on the phone saying he has an upset stomach today. My q to remove every single toilet roll and paper towel from the toilets nearest his office. An hour or so later he has rushed out to buy some new socks.

put them all back while he's out
    What his socks? I'm so tempted to say to him "new socks Guv? I much preferred the brown ones you had earlier"
  • Options

overhearing my complete tool of a boss on the phone saying he has an upset stomach today. My cue to remove every single toilet roll and paper towel from the toilets nearest his office. An hour or so later he has rushed out to buy some new socks.

I knew there was a reason I started this thread.

• Options
    That poo sock story is hilarious. If that really happened very well played.
  • Options

That poo sock story is hilarious. If that really happened very well played.

True story. My boss is a tosser of the highest order. Thank god I've only got 2 more weeks of him.
  • Options
    The 1st pee of the day. Heaven
  • Options
    Those car headlights with a row of little lights above the main headlight that make them look like eyebrows.

It's like being followed by an angry car.