Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Please you

Comments

• Options
    That my five year old is going to his first game tomorrow. I have not been since he was born either.

Ok Max, sing " we want Roland out, say we want Roland out"
  • Options
    @MrOneLung, I've found with my 5 (now just 6) year old at the protests that singing 'hey Roland...' You have to sing 'why you're such a NAUGHTY MAN' quite loud.

And explain why the c word is not one to be using at school.
  • Options
    Will have the talk that what he hears at football stays at football. Although he did recently ask me if Pissing is a swear word. !!!
  • Options
    Spurs bottling it!
  • Options
    The Activity page on this site. It can be gold
  • Options
    Referring to toilet paper as 'shit-tickets'.
  • Options
    When people pass on made up stuff about the EU on social media in order to encourage people to vote out, then you put them straight with a few pertinent facts, and suddenly the thread disappears... An apology is too much to expect from these people, but the skulking back into the shadows makes me happy...
  • Options
    Getting home just in time to watch the last couple of Buff Orpington eggs hatch, 10 in all. Plus the 8 the other old girl hatched a couple of weeks back. 18 in all, love it
  • Options
    Spurs v The Rest of The World
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Getting commissioned to not only make a mandap for a hindu wedding, but also a chuppah for a jewish wedding this season. They obviously know a well cultured bloke when they meet one
  • Options
    Working with two Staffys that were in last chance saloon and proving to their owner it can be done.
  • Options
    edited May 2016

Getting commissioned to not only make a mandap for a hindu wedding, but also a chuppah for a jewish wedding this season. They obviously know a well cultured bloke when they meet one

Who was it? :wink:
  • Options

Who was it? :wink:
    They never liked him, so they thought they'd use me
  • Options

That's exactly the sort of thing that happens when they find out you're a moderator.
  • Options

Are you sure it wasn't a man dip for a Hindu wedding, Guacamole or a spicy salsa? And a commission to make a cuppa at a Jewish wedding?

'Pest Controller and outside caterer available - no job too small (except vegetarian)'
  • Options
    Dogs.

Live music. I've been struggling with bad depression and anxiety, and side effects for medication thereof, for coming up on a year and a half. Went out for the first time in ages to see Idlewild last night. Absolutely loved it. An hour and a half where all the anxiety melted away. Going to another gig tomorrow night.

On a related note, people who make polite, no-strings-attached small talk when you're all in a public space. It's something I try to do, and I love it when people do it.

Podcasts! There's so much good stuff out there. Football Ramble and Football Weekly are class. Charlton Live, easily the best on Charlton. But with footy winding down, I'm branching out. "Pacific Northwest Stories" do two, "Tanis," and "The Black Tapes," both of which are ghost stories meet old fashioned radio plays. If you like thought provoking, supernatural, slightly creepy stories, they're excellent. And I'm just scratching the surface.
  • Options
    Cheese.
  • Options
    ads said:

'Pest Controller and outside caterer available - no job too small (except vegetarian)'
    His RATatouille is meant to be unique.
  • Options
    Not being online for 24 hours and finding 87 new posts in the Brexit Referendum thread.

I 'm really enjoying that thread.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Getting home from work, lighting the barbie and cracking open a beer. 1 Spitfire and 3 Stellas later and I'm good.
  • Options
    We're in the new Nike advert with Rolando. We're playing Preston.
  • Options
    Poundland, I'm easily pleased
  • Options
    The new Stone Roses single. They are back to their best.
  • Options

The look on my daughter's face when I won the dads race at her sports day this morning. Don't think she thought I had it in me.

Was it just you that took part? :smiley:
  • Options
    Knowing we check our dogs so thoroughly and regularly this b*st*rd is now down the karzy.image
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Management making a decent decision to put the prison on lock down for a few hours so staff and prisoners could watch the football this afternoon.

*Edit - this isn't a story worth shopping to the tabloids. Thanks in advance *