Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Please you

Comments

• Options
    Setting up a camera with movement activation next to one of the hurdles in our training class for a bit of fun and getting these photos.
  • Options
    ...5 littluns in total
  • Options
    Yellow Wagtails nesting in the flower pot, Bluetits in the toilet cistern of the little house, Blackbirds in the laurel and Wrens in the woodshed.
  • Options

Yellow Wagtails nesting in the flower pot, Bluetits in the toilet cistern of the little house, Blackbirds in the laurel and Wrens in the woodshed.

What will you kill them with?
  • Options
    A pull-start mower starting first time
  • Options
    IdleHans said:

A pull-start mower starting first time

I think a cat is the more humane option
  • Options
    edited June 2018

You’re like a modern Pop Larkin
  • Options
    Having a day off booked for tomorrow. Daughter’s got an inset day so we’re off to Dymchurch.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Finding out my mate Marco represented Albufeira in Jeux Sans Frontieres in St. Albans in 1979... :lol:
  • Options

Finding out my mate Marco represented Albufeira in Jeux Sans Frontieres in St. Albans in 1979... :lol:

Is that “It’s a Knockout”?
  • Options

Is that “It’s a Knockout”?
    It's a knockout was just the qualifying competition... :smile:
  • Options
    After weeks of emptiness, the biscuit tin at work has unexpectedly been replenished with chocolate chip cookies and custard creams.
  • Options
    edited June 2018

After weeks of emptiness, the biscuit tin at work has unexpectedly been replenished with chocolate chip cookies and custard creams.

surely wrong thread.......should be in the "things that annoy you"......

cookies (american) & custard creams.....eugh

now if you had said dark milk digestives & bourbons.....
  • Options
    Actually 6 in all -

• Options

surely wrong thread.......should be in the "things that annoy you"......

cookies (american) & custard creams.....eugh

now if you had said dark milk digestives & bourbons.....
    Are you forgetting the old adage Golfie? "There's no such thing as a bad biscuit...".

(Agree about dark/milk digestives and bourbons being preferable though).
  • Options
    For anyone interested in WW2, Ive just added this little lot to my SOE and POW collection.
    Silk RAF escape map. A section of wing spar from a crashed Mk1 Spitfire, SOE dynamo torch, various SOE concealed thumb knives.
    Pilots fighting knife (it did 30 bombing missions in Lancs) Stalag Luft 3 POW dog tags, and a piece of the floor of the famous cooler of Stalag Luft 3 (The Great Escape Camp). Also there is a 50 Ffenig coin with a razor for cutting bindings, issued to SOE agents in WW2. Yep this little lot please's me.
  • Options
    Thats an amazing collection Greenie!! - Hopefully it'll continue to grow more over the years
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Greenie said:

For anyone interested in WW2, Ive just added this little lot to my SOE and POW collection.
    Silk RAF escape map. A section of wing spar from a crashed Mk1 Spitfire, SOE dynamo torch, various SOE concealed thumb knives.
    Pilots fighting knife (it did 30 bombing missions in Lancs) Stalag Luft 3 POW dog tags, and a piece of the floor of the famous cooler of Stalag Luft 3 (The Great Escape Camp). Also there is a 50 Ffenig coin with a razor for cutting bindings, issued to SOE agents in WW2. Yep this little lot please's me.

does the floor of the cooler have indents where Steve McQueen's baseball kept hitting it......
  • Options

Greenie said:

does the floor of the cooler have indents where Steve McQueen's baseball kept hitting it......
    Yep, in fact I own the very same baseball @golfaddick .
  • Options
    I’ve probably said this before on here but, getting home early from work, lighting the bbq and cracking open a few ice cold beers.
  • Options
    My son sat a gcse English paper this morning. I asked him how it went and he said, "Fine, the second question was about football finance, so I gave them the full Duchatelet".

So, if he passes we'll have the first known incidence of a Charlton fan with something to be grateful to Roly about.
  • Options
    Jermaine Defoe receiving an OBE for what he gave to that dear little boy.
  • Options
    Fantastic image, Rob. Keep 'em coming.
  • Options
    Had jays sniffing round the proximity of this nest the other evening and the Mr & Mrs Wagtail were going mad. I know it's nature, but my paternal instinct nearly came out....
  • Options
    Do you mean air rifle? Must be able to take Jays out with that.
  • Options

Do you mean air rifle? Must be able to take Jays out with that.

Not in France mate, hunting with air rifles is completely outlawed here, but like I said it's nature, so i will definitely chuck a stobe at em to shoo em off. Although jays and magpies are on the general licence in the UK (well they were when I last looked) and are perfect quary for an air gun for pest control purposes.