Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Johnnie Jackson

Comments

• Options
    Stig said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZQBs4DM8VA

Third goal on 3.40. That takes a massive swerve. Hate to say it, but that's got to be Racon's hasn't it?

That bloke at right back looks good. Decent cross for the first goal, his corner led to the second goal. What ever happened to him?

:wink:
  • Options

Since the sad death of Colin Cameron,
    Is there anyone who knows the breakdown of JJ goals ?
    Headers, pens,Free kicks, Left foot, and even a few Right foot goals.
    I can't help being an Anorak.
    After seeing Johnnie score a bullet header from 15 yards in the pre season trip to Spain before the 2013/2014 Season, I felt then, he was one of the bravest and best headers of the ball i've seen at CAFC, along with Yann and when i was a young lad,Matt Tees.

Here you go @soapboxsam: https://staddickstics.wordpress.com/2015/11/23/jacksons-fifty-goals/
  • Options

Stig said:

Third goal on 3.40. That takes a massive swerve. Hate to say it, but that's got to be Racon's hasn't it?

That bloke at right back looks good. Decent cross for the first goal, his corner led to the second goal. What ever happened to him?

Outstanding cross to be fair
  • Options

Stig said:

Unluckily gave away a penalty on Saturday, converted by Jonjo Shelvey...
  • Options
    It wasn't a penalty though was it. One of the worst decisions so far this year.
  • Options

It wasn't a penalty though was it. One of the worst decisions so far this year.

Bloke tripped himself over so can't event really say that Francis gave it away, soft or otherwise.
  • Options

I love Jacko to bits , as you may have guessed, but I do think it's a damning incitement on our club that it has taken 20 odd years for a Charlton player to reach 50 goals, or maybe it's a sign of how crap the modern game has become,and why apathy is rife.

The fact that a converted full back is the first CAFC player to get to 50 goals in 20 odd years is amazing.
    Is their a jinks ?
    League Goals
    Mendonca 40 from 78 before injury
    Andy hunt 35 from 83 before illness

Other players don't stay long enough.
    J. Johansson 27 from 90 (all prem)
    D.Bent 31 from 68(all Prem)

Carl Leaburn 53 from 276 over 11 seasons !

The sad thing is now if we got hold of a young player who could score 20 goal in the Championship, we would sell him before his second season.
  • Options

The fact that a converted full back is the first CAFC player to get to 50 goals in 20 odd years is amazing.

Jackson isn't really a converted fullback though, is he?

He was always a wide midfielder coming through the Spurs ranks and at Colchester.

At Notts County he was pressed into service as a full back for a couple of months, before Parky brought him in on loan to cover left back for a few games. When he joined us permanently at the beginning of the next season, he was played in his normal midfield position.
  • Options

The sad thing is now if we got hold of a young player who could score 20 goal in the Championship, we would sell him before his second season.
    Must maintain the model... as soon as their is profit, we must sell... Rolands orders

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oggy Red, you are right that Johnnie has played more games in his career in mid field than full back, but he was never much of a goal scorer until he came to the valley.
    19 goals in 10 years and 198 apps for 7 different clubs (5 on loan)
    50 goals in around 200 Apps in 5 years with CAFC.

1 goal in 10 (PRE CAFC)
    1 goal in 4 at CAFC
  • Options
    C_A_F_C said:

Watching that video slowed down i work out

19 with his left foot (open play)
    11 with his head
    11 from penalties (all with his left)
    6 with his right foot (open play)
    3 freekicks (all with his left)

Surprised it's only three free kicks! Thought there were more in our league one season!!
  • Options

C_A_F_C said:

11 with his head

Surprised it's only three free kicks! Thought there were more in our league one season!!
    I think Yann scored one or two
  • Options

Oggy Red, you are right that Johnnie has played more games in his career in mid field than full back, but he was never much of a goal scorer until he came to the valley.

My point was just that Jacko was never a converted fullback - he has always been a midfielder throughout his career, except for a relative handful of matches in one season (at Notts C and on loan at Charlton), when he was asked to fill in at fullback.

• Options
    great header by Waggy in that game. Jackson's shot was going on target so it's Jacko's goal despite the deflection.
  • Options
    Colin will love this...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34945398

Johnnie Jackson: Charlton Athletic captain extends contract

Charlton Athletic captain Johnnie Jackson has signed a one-year contract extension with the Championship club.

The 33-year-old, who has scored 50 goals in 209 appearances for the Addicks, will now remain at The Valley until the summer of 2017.

Former Tottenham trainee Jackson joined Charlton in summer 2010 from Notts County, following a loan spell in south-east London.

He was appointed skipper in 2011-12 and led the club to the League One title.
  • Options
    I see the Belgian cost cutting includes the pens used when players are recreating the moment they sign a contract.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A great signing under Phil Parkinson. He is crucial for the club. Somebody from before the RD era that is part of what Our Charlton is all about. He can reach SJJ status if the powerhouses at the club allow him to.

Very pleased with this great news. Thanks Johnnie for your commitment to our club.
  • Options
    C_A_F_C said:

11 with his head

I work out that he's left footed
  • Options
    Where is that interview taking place?

Looks a fascinating place.
  • Options

Where is that interview taking place?

Looks a fascinating place.
    Broom cupboard.

• Options

Photo today on the touchline of him, powell and bowyer. Not so much bowyer yet but SCP and JJ are the two biggest charlton legends of recent years. Love them both

Didn't selling bowyer keep us going years back? I was only a kid so not 109% sure

JJ I see as our future manager.