Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Overrated bands/artists (past & present)

Comments

• Options
    My brothers taste in music is crap. He used to give me a lift to work and back.
    He bought a box set by this Irish Crooner ( not what I called him ) called Daniel O'Donnell and played it to death.
    If he had said I will stop playing him if you wear a Palace shirt I would have willingly done so! Grief.
  • Options
    hoddle and waddle
  • Options
    Arcade fire
    Royal blood
    Radiohead

Drum and bass also baffles me. Should you not have someone that can play the drums and or the bass?
  • Options

Busted
    McFly
    McBusted
    Jedward
    Five Star

Ah..Five Star. Reminds me of that awkward moment on "Going Live" when the caller told them they were shite live on air. Can someone find the clip and post it here? Would give me a chuckle.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bfKredivMU

That's the one! Thanks!
  • Options
    Arctic Monkeys
    Red Hot Chilli Peppers
    Chas & Dave
  • Options
    Uboat said:

colthe3rd said:

Definitely agree with U2.

I wouldn't go as far as the Stone Roses are overrated but I do find the hysteria around them quite weird.

One okay album, one shit album and that's it. They were just in the right place at the right time, with the right look and a gobby twat for a singer.
    To be fair it was much more than that, they were perhaps the first indie band to make a huge breakthrough. And the first album is an absolute classic.
    As for the follow up and them as a band .... meh.

• Options
    Salad said:

Uboat said:

colthe3rd said:

I wouldn't go as far as the Stone Roses are overrated but I do find the hysteria around them quite weird.

One okay album, one shit album and that's it. They were just in the right place at the right time, with the right look and a gobby twat for a singer.
    To be fair it was much more than that, they were perhaps the first indie band to make a huge breakthrough.

That's not really true is it? The Smiths for one sold a lot more records well before the Stone Roses ever came along.
  • Options
    Limmie & The Family Cookin'
  • Options
    Hear'Say
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Limmie & The Family Cookin'

philistine : - )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HrG9-uFPnc
  • Options
    Sir Cliff
    Elton John
    Hootie and the Blowfish (cool name but just shit!!)
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    colthe3rd said:

Salad said:

Uboat said:

colthe3rd said:

To be fair it was much more than that, they were perhaps the first indie band to make a huge breakthrough.

That's not really true is it? The Smiths for one sold a lot more records well before the Stone Roses ever came along.
    Unfortunatley that is not true.
    The Stones Roses album went triple platinum in the UK, The Smiths (far superior band, it should go without saying) only ever had one single platinum album (The Queen is Dead), let alone a double or triple.

• Options
    Jack Johnson
    Dave Matthews Band
    Foo Fighters
    Steely Dan
    Talking Heads
    Blur
    Kaiser Chiefs
    TV On The Radio
    Pearl Jam
    Metallica
  • Options
    My favourite band's name has appeared a few times on this thread already... :(
  • Options
    Any ginger acoustic performer called Ed.

P O N Y
  • Options
    People seem to be naming bands which, whilst popular, are not 'rated' as good music (shit bands will always be popular but they'll never win a serious award) so can't really be overrated in the first place (I can't see anyone seriously saying One Direction were the best band of all time in 5 years time and they'll all be listening to whatever abomination Simon Cowell pushes next).
  • Options
    Phil Collins
  • Options
    Michael Jackson
    Mariah Carey ( representing all warbling women, everywhere )
    Ludacris
    Ed Sheeran
    Sam Smith
    Beyoncé
    All "bands" where no one actually plays an instrument
    Anyone who has appeared on any kind of televised karaoke competition
    Daft Punk
    Almost anyone who appears on a record that has the word "feat." as part of the name of the artist

• Options
    All of them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Please rest assured that doesn't make you a bad person. Just one with a strange sense in music. And there's nothing wrong with that.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Any ginger acoustic performer called Ed.

P O N Y

What? Even Ed The Talking Horse in an empty barn?
  • Options
    Salad said:

colthe3rd said:

Salad said:

Uboat said:

colthe3rd said:

Unfortunatley that is not true.
    The Stones Roses album went triple platinum in the UK, The Smiths (far superior band, it should go without saying) only ever had one single platinum album (The Queen is Dead), let alone a double or triple.

Ok fair enough bad example to give but the Smiths did still breakthrough well before the Stone Roses. I do wonder how many of the Stone Roses albums have been sold way after it's release. And do re-releases and special editions count towards those platinum figures because they seem to release the album every couple of years.
  • Options

Please rest assured that doesn't make you a bad person. Just one with a strange sense in music. And there's nothing wrong with that.
    Lol... Never thought being a fan of Elbow would be an indication of a strange musical taste. Anyway, whatever other people's opinions on them are, they will always be my favourite band. (although I was disappointed by their last album)
  • Options
    I know he is a very gifted songwriter and musician; however, I cannot stand my wife's favourite man Van Morrison.
    He has all the personality of a dead frog and could make a man's beer go flat just by looking at it.
    Went to see him perform for the Teenage Cancer Charity gig so fair play to him on that. At the end the crowd wanted an encore, please no!!!!!!!.
    I need not have worried.
    PS. He also inflicted God shines his light on me.
  • Options

Lol... Never thought being a fan of Elbow would be an indication of a strange musical taste. Anyway, whatever other people's opinions on them are, they will always be my favourite band. (although I was disappointed by their last album)
    No worries Jessie, we'll get some CD's of good music, box them up and send them over to you....... ;o)
  • Options
    Wacko jackson
    Radiohead
    Queen
  • Options
    Billy Joel.
  • Options
    Beyonce.
    All House 'music'