Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bournemouth v Bolton

Comments

• Options

All over. No trip to the coast for us next year sadly. Tin pot club with a Russian Oligarch. I just hate how football is these days.

still got Brighton
  • Options
    It's a fairy tale alright...

"Once upon a time a mediocre football club in the lower regions of the English football league, with very little support outside of their sleepy little seaside town, were losing money hand over fist and slowly but surely going out of business along with everyone else in their league. Then one day whilst sweeping up in the car park behind the main stand, little Billy Boscombe a local simpleton found a magic bean amoungst a pile of fag ends and empty plastic coffee cups. Excitedly he ran home to his mother, who chastised him for his foolishness and sent him away with a flea in his ear. Billy sulked off into the back garden throwing the magic bean away in despair. Many weeks passed and then one fateful morning the whole family were astounded to find that a Russian multi millionaire plant had taken root in their garden. Billy being a curious cove snuck out in the dead of night against the warnings of his worried parents and started to climb the Russian multi millionaire plant. Up and up he went into the clouds for what seemed like days until he came across an amazing mansion in the clouds. He knocked gingerly on the door and cowered in fear as a booming heavily accented voice resonated from the hallway within... "ФЕЕ ФИ ФУУ ФОТ i AM AFTER А ЧЕАП ЭНГЛИШ ФУТБАЛЬ ТЭТ ГИНГ ВУСТ !!!!!". So the fairy tale continues, Football League Financial Fair Play rules disregarded and laying dead in the gutter, the Media and armchair football fans everywhere drooling over the 'fairy tale' unfolding down on the South Coast"

Oh bollox, good luck to em I suppose!
  • Options
    hope the addicks can at least stop them from getting 3 points on Saturday..I'm coming down for the game and dot want their promotion party to be on our ground.
  • Options
    Bournemouth fans singing MOTD theme in the stands...
  • Options
    Gotta say though both goals taken really well
  • Options
    Bolton putting in the sort of tepid performance we are capable of from time to time.
  • Options
    You bloody toss pot Karanka wanker. Saturday is going to be hell now. All you to was bloody draw.
  • Options
    edited April 2015

All over. No trip to the coast for us next year sadly. Tin pot club with a Russian Oligarch. I just hate how football is these days.

Yet still passed off by the media as a fairy tale story, their squad will however need some serious changes in the summer if they want to be competitive , Can only see Boruc , Ritchie and Maybe Wilson cutting it in the BPL.
  • Options

hope the addicks can at least stop them from getting 3 points on Saturday..I'm coming down for the game and dot want their promotion party to be on our ground.

They are likely to be partying even if we stuff 'em - wouldn't you?!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2015
    I hope we beat them on Saturday so we can sing

"Premier League , you're having a laugh" .
  • Options
    No way Bolton will come back from this, wouldn't be surprised if Bournemouth win by 4 or 5. Makes Saturday somewhat academic but you have to hand it to Bournemouth, they have been superb all season.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Will go on Saturday to say an expected farewell to some players that I've enjoyed watching next year and suspect won't be around next (Buyens, TBH, possibly Bulot etc) and to see a team In. the flesh who have later great footy and thoroughly deserved their promotion. But agree it's not going to be the cliffhanger we hoped for.

We've let a decent team slip through our hands over the years - Yann, Arter, Francis, Dervitte etc etc.
  • Options
    Am I missing something here? Even if Bournemouth win tonight, surely they still have something to play for next Saturday?
    They could be divisional champions.
    I hope we beat them whatever.
  • Options

Bournemouth fans singing MOTD theme in the stands...

I hope they realise that they are only likely to get 2 minutes at the end of Match of the Day every Saturday night .
  • Options
    We want our seats back,
    We want our seats back

We want our seats back
    etc,.
  • Options
    A big match still. If I was manager, a team that goes to the beach before the season has ended won't win you anything going forwards. Will be expecting that reaction from us.
  • Options
    edited April 2015

They are likely to be partying even if we stuff 'em - wouldn't you?!
    Fair point, but only game of the season for me, so I'm hoping we at least beat them, they can then party back on the coast on Saturday night. Sadly I cant see Bolton getting anything now tonight, if only ALF had buried that chance on 14 mins, then it may have been different.
  • Options
    Good clue that the two most forward thinking teams in the division get automatic promotion.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Having seen us dismantled by Watford and witnessed Bournemouth's unrelenting intensity tonight, we are miles away from competing at the top even despite our recent improvement.
  • Options

Oh dear - this makes Saturday even more of a damp squib. Part of me doesn't want to go - we have nothing to play for & there will be thousands of B'mouth fans singing & dancing all game.

Lets hope our players and board see that and think this could be us next year.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Think we need additions, that is for sure. I think some of it is mindset of teh manager and Luzon does say he wants to attack so maybe we will see a team with that approach next season. It isn't always winning or losing, it's the hunger to affect things that you see in some players and not in others.
  • Options
    Hoping we do to Bournemouth, what Ipswich did to us, COYR
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Want to see us have a right go at them. Won't care if we lose, but don't want to see us nick a win. Want to see us try to win 3-0 not 1-0. Putting money on Bolton for the drop next year btw. Having said that if Bolton did get a goal, it could get nervy tonight. Just have to gamble a bit more than they are doing.
  • Options

Having seen us dismantled by Watford and witnessed Bournemouth's unrelenting intensity tonight, we are miles away from competing at the top even despite our recent improvement.

Sadly I think you're right.
  • Options

I think they heard that one going in in Southampton.

Have they got more that 12k in?
  • Options

still got Brighton
    Maybe Boro too
  • Options

Confidence plays a huge part in football.

Watford away was inarguably our lowest point of the season but at the same time we've racked up a 1-0 home win against them plus a dismantling of Brentford, taken three points away from Carrow Road and if I remember correctly, Middlesbrough were incredibly lucky to leave the Valley with a point.

All we need is a bit more squad depth through three or four good Championship-quality additions and to not have such a woeful 10-15 match spell.
  • Options
    IA said:

still got Brighton
    Maybe Boro too
    Bristol