Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bournemouth v Bolton

Comments

• Options
    Tweet just mentioned on 5live too.
  • Options
    The chairman just said "f#####g" on live tv. Hilarious.
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:

Managed to scrounge myself 60 odd favourites off that tweet too , well played Comms team

What do you win?
  • Options

The chairman just said "f#####g" on live tv. Hilarious.

That was TV gold.
  • Options

15,000 retweets. That's crazy

Wonder how that compared to shagging on the pitch?

• Options
    As others have said. Well happy for Yann. He has had a mare leaving us ain't he.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    They've shat all over FFP. How on earth can they be compliant? They average 10k - 11k crowds and are paying all of Kenwyn Jones' 40k per week, 15k to Wilson, 25k to the South African who never plays etc etc.

I've developed a total hatred for them in the last 3-4 months.
  • Options
    Redknapp just inferring we are a 'nowhere' club.
  • Options
    LOL, well we need to prove otherwise.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yann's good enough to be in a promotion winning team, so good for him. Our owners fault he's there and not here, ooooh just imagine him laying off Tony Watt... :-( :-))) Well done AFCB, no better feeling than it for any fan of a FL team.
  • Options
    Pitman. Comb-over of the year or what!!!!
  • Options
    Well done to Bournemouth. It's a great story, but far from a fairy tale. Russian petrochemical billionaires really do help.
  • Options

They've shat all over FFP. How on earth can they be compliant? They average 10k - 11k crowds and are paying all of Kenwyn Jones' 40k per week, 15k to Wilson, 25k to the South African who never plays etc etc.

Seriously are they really playing kenwyn Jones full wages ... That's ridiculous
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    They don't harm matters I suppose - but three of their first team are Charlton rejects FFS. I always liked Francis BTW, and could see the potential in there, and got a fair bit of stick for it. He suits an attacking team.
  • Options
    Flipping heck , a winning team in a carbrini kit ... Well I never
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    vff said:

Yann has scored 17 games for Bournemouth. Be surprised if he plays at Charlton. Will be sub. BTW is it definitely confirmed that Bournemouth have driven a horse and cart through FFP ? Did the sale of Grabban help to balance the books a bit ?

They were within the limits last season due to Lalana sale. They must be over this time - perhaps as much as 5-10M - but nowhere near QPR and Leicester last time.

Basically many clubs try to buy their way to the top but quite a few fail.

As for Bolton, they are screwed because their parachute money runs out this summer or next and they are poor already.

Having seen us dismantled by Watford and witnessed Bournemouth's unrelenting intensity tonight, we are miles away from competing at the top even despite our recent improvement.

You're talking about the top two clubs in the division who have spent the last three years building their squads.
    We've been building for just 12 months and I would suggest that we are more than halfway towards a squad which can have a crack at the play-offs next time around.
    You say "miles away"... I'd say three more quality players plus replacing any quality which leaves.
    The most obvious difference is the finishing and fixing that won't be cheap.
    How many of our team would get into Watford or Bournemouth's? JBG, maybe Henderson and/or Gomez?

Admittedly you say a 'crack at the play offs' but still....
    Yep! Big, big difference between 75/78 points and 90. Only a mindless optimist would suggest we could / should aim for the top two!

Look at the table tonight and we've been a match for the top clubs in one of the fixtures.
    Just that we haven't had consistency or depth to cover injuries / loss of form. And we didn't put weaker teams to the sword.

Plus this has been a first full season in the championship for Gomez, Gudmundsson, Fox, and all the rest.

Just like Derby, Boro and others we have the potential to build on this season and aim for an additional 15 points / six places next time.

Meanwhile Eddie Howe has said they're going to have a crack at winning their last game... Ouch!
  • Options
    At least we've got a beautiful pitch instead of kermorgant ...
    And we can rub bournemouths faces in it when they see that green carpet on Saturday ..... Ner ner ner ner ner
  • Options
    I see we are 6/1 to win on Saturday. As they are already as good as up it might be worth a punt?
  • Options

Having seen us dismantled by Watford and witnessed Bournemouth's unrelenting intensity tonight, we are miles away from competing at the top even despite our recent improvement.

You're talking about the top two clubs in the division who have spent the last three years building their squads.
    We've been building for just 12 months and I would suggest that we are more than halfway towards a squad which can have a crack at the play-offs next time around.
    You say "miles away"... I'd say three more quality players plus replacing any quality which leaves.
    How many of our team would get into Watford or Bournemouth's? JBG, maybe Henderson and/or Gomez?

Solly, Cousins, Vetokele when 100% fit, Watt, probably Wiggins when 100%fit. TBH as experienced sub material.

not that far off, then, but we cannot afford to have any "quality leave", if we are serious.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

I see we are 6/1 to win on Saturday. As they are already as good as up it might be worth a punt?

Legalised theft
  • Options
    Yes, we need to be serious. Another decent striker and a very good midfielder. We have the best keeper in the division and some decent players. Also we have to have a team that does not go out and play like they did on Saturday. That has to be history.
  • Options

They have six first team strikers, four goalkeepers and ten midfielders. Most of those failed signings of the last few seasons but it doesn't matter when you've got an unlimited money pit...
  • Options

Solly, Cousins, Vetokele when 100% fit, Watt, probably Wiggins when 100%fit. TBH as experienced sub material.

not that far off, then, but we cannot afford to have any "quality leave", if we are serious.

With the greatest respect, utter nonsense ;-)
  • Options

They have six first team strikers, four goalkeepers and ten midfielders. Most of those failed signings of the last few seasons but it doesn't matter when you've got an unlimited money pit...
    Looking at their squad, apart from 3 or 4 big(ish) names, it looks quite cheap, plenty of lower divisions players on L1 wages
  • Options
    Nearly 35k retweets in 45 minutes!
  • Options

With the greatest respect, utter nonsense ;-)
    I think he's right ...and I don't often agree with PA :wink:
  • Options
    Serendipity and Yann ? WTF

Let me explain.

Because Yann had Leukemia at 14 and his career was halted until he was 18.
    that can be about 200 games (See what Michael Owen thinks about playing too many games at an early age)

So when CAFC decided at 32 he was too old they couldn't have been more wrong.
    football wise he still had about 4 years left(had no pace to lose)

With my wisdom and Expertise i did send them an email to explain my logic and how he would be a great success in Dorset but Hey ho, I love Tony Watt and Igor with look for his MOJO all summer and we will buy a 24 year old target man who can head the ball as well as a speedy striker and we can forget about the man from Brittany( except for a few fond memories)