Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bournemouth v Bolton

12346»

Comments

• Options

They've shat all over FFP. How on earth can they be compliant? They average 10k - 11k crowds and are paying all of Kenwyn Jones' 40k per week, 15k to Wilson, 25k to the South African who never plays etc etc.

I've developed a total hatred for them in the last 3-4 months.

They have six first team strikers, four goalkeepers and ten midfielders. Most of those failed signings of the last few seasons but it doesn't matter when you've got an unlimited money pit...
    Etheridge, Dmitrovic, Henderson, Pope, Phillips, Mitov
  • Options
    I think you have to look at Gomez and say he could be the best player we have ever produced. Fox, looks to me to have the makings of a top player. Cousins could be a fantastic player - just needs to sharpen up on his passing sometimes. These players will be better next season.
  • Options

They've shat all over FFP. How on earth can they be compliant? They average 10k - 11k crowds and are paying all of Kenwyn Jones' 40k per week, 15k to Wilson, 25k to the South African who never plays etc etc.

They have six first team strikers, four goalkeepers and ten midfielders. Most of those failed signings of the last few seasons but it doesn't matter when you've got an unlimited money pit...
    Etheridge, Dmitrovic, Henderson, Pope, Phillips, Mitov
    Four of those wouldn't get a game in Bournemouth's reserves!
  • Options

I think you have to look at Gomez and say he could be the best player we have ever produced. Fox, looks to me to have the makings of a top player. Cousins could be a fantastic player - just needs to sharpen up on his passing sometimes. These players will be better next season.

It's easy to forget that Cousins, despite being a regular for 2 seasons is only 21. Ryan Mason, for example, is nearly 3 years older than him
  • Options
    edited April 2015

Looking at their squad, apart from 3 or 4 big(ish) names, it looks quite cheap, plenty of lower divisions players on L1 wages
    The rich clubs have driven a bus through FFP get over it. Glad to see Yann get a chance to shine at highest level. Shame about a few shanks tonight. Like the way that in last 3rd, Cherries have all 10 outfield in oppo half but that needs Gomez type pace at back. Most of their squad can compete next year but don't rate any of back four.

Can someone research the thread when Arter was released and I posted he would be a Prem player one day?
  • Options
    The top two have scored 185 goals but Vetokele and Watt would have got in their sides?

I'm lost for words.
  • Options

That's utter shite, they have a wage cap down their and most of the players are on a bonus scheme, trust me on that. They made stupid amount off of grabban and Llallana so they pass FFP on that part. Some people really do live in a dream world. If Charlton broke the rules and got promoted would you be pissing in your pants ?? I certainly wouldn't I would be loving it breaking the rules or not
  • Options
    The spending is irrelevant, money talks in this game, the FFP Rules are and will be a farce for as long as those who are at the helm, stay there. Until the rules are fully enforced, of which they won't be any time soon, I won't let it tarnish what AFCB have done, personally.
  • Options

That's utter shite, they have a wage cap down their and most of the players are on a bonus scheme, trust me on that. They made stupid amount off of grabban and Llallana so they pass FFP on that part. Some people really do live in a dream world. If Charlton broke the rules and got promoted would you be pissing in your pants ?? I certainly wouldn't I would be loving it breaking the rules or not
    Cardiff were obviously telling lies when they advised they had to get all of Jones' 40k a week off their wage bill then.

They've made a mockery of teams who have tried to play by the rules.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I can't imagine the bookies would have expected Bournemouth and Watford to get the automatic places this season.

Looking at last year's table, Derby in 3rd have had a terrible recent slump, Wigan in 5th will probably be relegated, Brighton in 6th are only just safe themselves, while Reading in 7th are just as bad. So 3 of the Top 7 last season are in this season's bottom 6...
  • Options
    I remember last summer having drinks with a poster off here where i picked out Bournemouth for promotion and him laughing at me. Wished I'd put money on it now :-(
  • Options

I remember last summer having drinks with a poster off here where i picked out Bournemouth for promotion and him laughing at me. Wished I'd put money on it now :-(

Last season they finished strongly in 10th. Watford were 13th, Middlesbrough 12th. Maybe mid table finishes are the perfect preparation for a promotion campaign the next season!
    Or relegation after we came 11th in 2008!!!!
    You had to spoil it didn't you!!! Just when I was getting excited :-)
  • Options
    Interestingly, out of their 124 year history, Bournemouth have ever spent five seasons above third tier football
  • Options
    Bournemouth were in administration just a few years ago and staring non-league oblivion in the face. To now see them being allowed to spend money so freely that they have not generated themselves is a complete joke.
  • Options
    Nice little club they deserve their moment in the spotlight! Pleased for them! Would rather they went up than a Cardif/QPR type club! loiling forward to seeing Arter Francis and Kermit in the prem!
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    It does show the effect money has. When we drew 2-2 at their ground in league 1 they were very good and heading for the play offs. They missed out on promotion and the dodgy builders money run out too. Next season we took Wiggins and Holland and eventually they took Francis. I seem to recall Howe took Ings to Burnley. Their fans were unhappy and the builder had words on the pitch with a few as I recall. Then came the russian and in came the money. Howe was not a success at Burnley and for family reasons returned. Their promotion year they were very good, helped by Ritchie who cost a fair few as well. The rest we know. The BBC reports a £15m loss to July 13 which should be scary but not to them. I am not too bothered either way and they have been the best team in my opinion this season. Money talks though and if they finish above Palace next year good luck to them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2015

Think the Bournmouth spending is being hugely over played to be honest. Can't help feel there's a bit of jealousy being applied.

You might be right on this season, purely on the basis of the Grabban and Lallana money, but I wouldn't say over played before that...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27224806

I'm not saying I'd complain if Roland went and done something similar, but to say they've not brought their way back up the leagues in terms of transfer fees or wages is way off the mark.
  • Options
    I remember going to a pre-season friendly at Bournemouth back in the mid-00s (2004?) and patronisingly thinking that they were a nice little community club, but so far beneath Charlton. It feels surreal that they are now effectively a Premiership side. Fair play to them, and especially to their brilliant manager.
  • Options

I remember going to a pre-season friendly at Bournemouth back in the mid-00s (2004?) and patronisingly thinking that they were a nice little community club, but so far beneath Charlton. It feels surreal that they are now effectively a Premiership side. Fair play to them, and especially to their brilliant manager.

I remember doing the same 6 months ago :smile:
  • Options
    cafcpolo said:

Think the Bournmouth spending is being hugely over played to be honest. Can't help feel there's a bit of jealousy being applied.

You might be right on this season, purely on the basis of the Grabban and Lallana money, but I wouldn't say over played before that...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27224806

I'm not saying I'd complain if Roland went and done something similar, but to say they've not brought their way back up the leagues in terms of transfer fees or wages is way off the mark.
    So they've bought their way into the £100 million a year club by incurring a total debt of maybe £25 to £30 million (given that total debt up to July 2013 was £15 million). I'd say that's pretty shrewd business. They should be able to wipe out all that debt in one year in the PL (Palace posted a profit of £23 million last year, in spite of also spending on "infrastructure" such as their training ground). Compared to the shedloads spent by half the Championship, the QPRs, Leicesters, etc, they've done a superb job. The best of luck to them.
  • Options
    It's great that Bournemouth will go up - Even with the foreign cash, they are still a small South Coast Club. In the program notes in the Div 3 fixture in 1974 (Our promotion year) we patronizingly wished Bournemouth well in the 4th division (they were going down as we were going up)...They won 3:2 at the Valley to slow our promotion celebrations. Now a few years later, they have their year in the Premiership...Wish them well...Just hope they celebrate every fixture...And I hope they win their share!
  • Options
    Missed the finish as I was 'called out' .. Watford and Bournemouth .. the two best attacking and most ruthless teams that I have seen this season .. both teams have expert divers in their ranks .. both are quite 'small' southern clubs where entrepreneurs have come in and spent a lot of money and Watford, like CAFC is part of a 'network' .. the way of the future perhaps ? .. 'Boro, Derby and Norwich arguably have better players but they have lacked the 'fire in the belly' exhibited by the two promoted clubs (I am betting that we can't beat the Cherries by a 19 goal margin) .. I suspect that their stay in the top tier will be short .. Whatever, that have got there by hook or by crook and I hope that the fans enjoy the ride and do not expect too much.
    We now know what is needed to win promotion from this oh so competitive division .. good players who keep fit and in form, good management and tactical nous, I will add lenient refereeing .. but most of all, heart, desire, team spirit and good old fashioned BOTTLE
  • Options

Missed the finish as I was 'called out' .. Watford and Bournemouth .. the two best attacking and most ruthless teams that I have seen this season .. both teams have expert divers in their ranks .. both are quite 'small' southern clubs where entrepreneurs have come in and spent a lot of money and Watford, like CAFC is part of a 'network' .. the way of the future perhaps ? .. 'Boro, Derby and Norwich arguably have better players but they have lacked the 'fire in the belly' exhibited by the two promoted clubs (I am betting that we can't beat the Cherries by a 19 goal margin) .. I suspect that their stay in the top tier will be short .. Whatever, that have got there by hook or by crook and I hope that the fans enjoy the ride and do not expect too much.
    We now know what is needed to win promotion from this oh so competitive division .. good players who keep fit and in form, good management and tactical nous, I will add lenient refereeing .. but most of all, heart, desire, team spirit and good old fashioned BOTTLE

What about 100% support?
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

What about 100% support?
    100% support will be there at the start of the season as always .. it will continue when/if the team shows that it's worthy of it .. success and effort breeds support