Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• ross1 said:

Everton defender (sorry no name) has turned down B/mouth to sign a new contract with Everton

The rumour was that Garbutt was signing a new contract with Everton and then going on a season loan to the Cherries.
  • I'd fancy Yann to get a few goals in the prem. He'll still be one of the best headers of a ball in that league
  • edited June 2015
    If there is any logic left in Football.
    If Garbutt who is playing for the U21 at Moment,
    Have signed a new contract for Everton,
    He will still go out on loan as Bains is the number one left back.
    So he could go to Bournemouth, who may let Charlie Daniels leave.
    Eddie Howell will want to see how most of his championship winning side get on in the Prem.
    so that would rule out Yann,Ritchie, and Pugh etc, who i thought looked outstanding in both games against CAFC last season. They will struggle to hold on to Calum Wilson, but the big teams may wait to January to make a bid for him.

From CAFC point of View, Only Daniels from the regulars, (mate of Jackson's)
    otherwise Pitman, Gosling or any of the non regulars.

Could CAFC being good Hosts for the Cherries and our fans showing their Class in the last game, help our chance of getting decent Championship players from them, who they feel can't step up ?
  • have we signed anyone yet
  • With Chris Parkes returning from holiday today, and the players reporting back for pre-season training next Monday (29th), we may now see some movement on in-coming players, this week, let's hope
  • edited June 2015
    It hasn't done his development any harm so far!!!! So they will loan him to a rival to play against us?
  • colin1961 said:

Liverpool say they don't want Gomez to return to Charlton as they beleive it will be to comfortable for him

Thus demonstrating the lack of understanding of all things football and why they will never win the league.
  • Sponsored links:

• sam3110 said:

Too comfortable haha, anythings more comfortable than having to be holed up in the bitter, decrepit and run down northern slums of Liverpool.

I don't think he will be holed up in any slums, anywhere , do you?

• Has Gomez gone yet?
  • Bournemouth have agreed a deal to sign Sylvain Distin.

Horrible signing.
  • Bournemouth have agreed a deal to sign Sylvain Distin.

Horrible signing.

I suppose he has premiership experience but he's not too far short of 40.
  • I like Joe a lot, but I don't want him back on loan.
  • Swisdom said:

Im telling ya, once they see him in pre-season he wont be leaving Merseyside.

I think this too. Their fans especially don't seem to understand what a talent they have. Some of the comments on twitter are highly disrespectful towards Joe. There will be a few people eating their words in 6 months or so.

This. Their rivals at the top of the Premier League are just as cringeworthy with comments like "So Liverpool are looking to win the league with signings like this!?!?! LOLZ".

Braindead, the lot of em.
  • Sponsored links:

• On Yann, just reading a recent post, he wants a two year deal with one remaining at AFCB. Could be his agent or maybe if he doesn't get his way he might be off. Where have a heard this before?
  • barstool said:

On Yann, just reading a recent post, he wants a two year deal with one remaining at AFCB. Could be his agent or maybe if he doesn't get his way he might be off. Where have a heard this before?

Exactly the reason we don't want him
  • Garbutt is pants and won't oust Daniels. All Cherries play goes through Yann so unlikely to replace him unless he proves unable to make the step up which I doubt. Can see Pitman being surplus though.
  • Always one 'orrible mug who has to ruin the dream... Sorry all, you may need to put the tissues back in storage
  • As was posted above, Neil Perret has said its not happening, looks like it's time to give up on this rumour already.
  • How did it even make it that far!?
  • edited June 2015

How did it even make it that far!?

Cos if we dont make rumours seem likely... there is every chance of terrible things happening, here is CCTV footage of some Charlton fans after we missed out of Nill de Pauw

https://youtu.be/NUHk2RSMCS8
  • edited June 2015
  • Spoke with a Bournemouth supporting colleague who has a bit of an inside track. The chances of us getting any of their 'core' players is remote. If anything, we'd only get players like Stanislas or Ward. So, don't hold your breath on this speculation ...
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!