Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• Eh, now it's Bournemouth and Reams has all but confirmed he's talking about Charlie Daniels, Marc Pugh and Yann Kermorgant... I'll wait to see it confirmed before I believe it.

Also will take his next rumour gem with a pinch of salt. :-)
  • I am surprised that so many people expect us to buy any players. Surely these days there are so many prem/upper championship quality players available on loan or out of contract it would be foolish to waste money on transfer fees. Better to use the JG money to sign 4 or 5 quality players on 10k - 15k a week.

There's a limit to how many loan players you can have in any matchday squad, otherwise I think things would've gone that way already.
  • Why would Yann be a problem? Can't see any fans complaining about that one can you? Would be happy with Pugh and Daniels too, both decent players.
  • Eh, now it's Bournemouth and Reams has all but confirmed he's talking about Charlie Daniels, Marc Pugh and Yann Kermorgant... I'll wait to see it confirmed before I believe it.

All would be excellent signings and they are probably the three Bournemouth players that don't quite have what it takes for the Premier League at this stage of their careers. It is Reams though.
  • I'm not sure I want kermit the frog back I really liked him when he was ours but that's in the past
  • But he'll be yours again :-)) and the man love can begin afresh.
  • But he'll be yours again :-)) and the man love can begin afresh.

No man should ever get back with his ex. It's never the same the second time around :- )
  • Bournemouth's success was built on team spirit and the team being greater than the sum of its parts. So can't see them selling these three.
    Very odd rumour.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2015

Eh, now it's Bournemouth and Reams has all but confirmed he's talking about Charlie Daniels, Marc Pugh and Yann Kermorgant... I'll wait to see it confirmed before I believe it.

Yann would be great PR ...but do we know how to play him effectively?
  • Daniels and Pugh are the ones he says looking likely but yann will be harder probably because of the history between him and the board.

Would be pleased if we got 2 or even one of them 3 tbh
  • All late 20s or in Yann's case, mid 30s.
    Not sure I believe this. Would take Yann and Pugh though.
  • edited June 2015

"Having read some of the stuff elsewhere it's important to point out that at this stage I do not have names of the players involved and wouldn't put them on here if I did until I was told it's ok to do so.

The club is Bournemouth yes but the names I have put up on here simply play in the same positions that Bournemouth are recruiting in as pointed out in the above post."

So probably more likely Elliot Ward, Junior Stanislas and Tokelo Rantie lol
  • Can't see that we would be getting Yann back. Would happily have him but he has waited for a chance in the premier league and can't see him giving it up without even having a shot at it
  • Stanislaus was part of a successful Burnley, then a successful Bournemouth. can produce excellent unexpected moments, but probably inconsistent.
  • edited June 2015

Eh, now it's Bournemouth and Reams has all but confirmed he's talking about Charlie Daniels, Marc Pugh and Yann Kermorgant... I'll wait to see it confirmed before I believe it.

more likely to be Paul Daniels.

I'd certainly be pleased with all 3 in all seriousness.
  • seth plum said:

Stanislaus was part of a successful Burnley, then a successful Bournemouth. can produce excellent unexpected moments, but probably inconsistent.

From Kidbrooke so would be somewhat of a "homecoming" despite coming through West Ham's academy.

Played 27 league games (1 goal) in Burnley's promotion season, played 13 league games (1 goal) in Bournemouth's promotion season.
  • edited June 2015
    Pugh is an ideal replacement for Jackson.
  • looks like we are being censored. perhaps he does have more influence than i thought.
  • Sponsored links:

• What's with all the ..... ?
  • I heard this yann rumour about a month ago and instantly laughed. Now the same rumour has come about from a completely different set of people. Strange.

Still be surprised if this happened
  • What a load of tripe.
    What will Kermorgant do, accept the contract he turned down previously?
    Or is Roland going to admit he was wrong? Yeh, of course he is.
  • What a load of tripe.

Katrien had already admitted they got it wrong , and shouldn't have sold him!

• Is Shaun Wright Phillips still on our away coach en route to Yeovil away or wherever it was in the last 'big reveal'?
  • sammy391 said:

What a load of tripe.

You've taken the wind out of my sails. When was that?

That said, actually bringing him back again would take admitting you were wrong to a whole new level

• sammy391 said:

What a load of tripe.

You've taken the wind out of my sails. When was that?

That said, actually bringing him back again would take admitting you were wrong to a whole new level

Definitely happened. Not in a public forum but definitely happened in Millennium Suite after a game shortly after his departure. Her and RD bought someone I know (who also happens to know Yann very well) a drink as they were discussing it after a game

• Iv'e wanted Marc Pugh here for years along with Matt Ritchie so would be well chuffed with that. Wouldn't be surprised to see Daniels turn up here and it would be an improvement on Wiggins (on recent from). Would love Yann back as well but can't see it happening.
  • I would cry if we got Yann back..
  • I would cry if we got Yann back..

I think your tears are safe
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!