Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• I think JBG will probably accept Gomez was always going to leave. I expect he'll be more interested in the players we bring in.

I think so too
  • We need good news.
    Preferably an extended contract for Jordan Cousins, and we really need another talismanic figure in the team as well.
    The club needs at least one big character who is an ace footballer too, I would be interested to know who won player of the year at other clubs, as good a place to start as any.
  • I think JBG will see out the last year of his contract and weigh up his options next summer and there is nothing we can do about it.

We can moan and whinge all day but he did the same at his last club and we took advantage of it.
  • I think JBG will see out the last year of his contract and weigh up his options next summer and there is nothing we can do about it.

We can moan and whinge all day but he did the same at his last club and we took advantage of it.

That'll do me for now
  • edited June 2015
    colin1961 said:

colin1961 said:

Deal could be worth as much as 10 mill with Liverpool paying 5 mill now and the rest over 12 months

Eff me Colin, you're so slow off the mark with this stuff that you're even getting beaten to the punch by yourself!

You're not orbiting a blackhole or something are you, so time is running slower for you?

Is 1961 the year you thought it was when you signed up for Charlton Life?
    On a cruise ship .. So connection not great
    . tut tut
  • colin1961 said:

colin1961 said:

Deal could be worth as much as 10 mill with Liverpool paying 5 mill now and the rest over 12 months

Eff me Colin, you're so slow off the mark with this stuff that you're even getting beaten to the punch by yourself!

You're not orbiting a blackhole or something are you, so time is running slower for you?

Saga Cruise?
  • edited June 2015

I think JBG will see out the last year of his contract and weigh up his options next summer and there is nothing we can do about it

I'd rather we sell him now if that's going to be the case.
  • colin1961 said:

colin1961 said:

Yeah, 3 or 4g is a bloody nightmare to pick up on the Woolwich Ferry.
    Very, very good Clem
  • I think JBG will see out the last year of his contract and weigh up his options next summer and there is nothing we can do about it

I'd rather we sell him now if that's going to be the case.
    I wouldn't. We need all the help we can get to finish as high up the league as possible
  • Sponsored links:

• All this crap about JBG waiting to see our ambitions before deciding to stay or not is crap, even if he said so himself, no matter who we buy if a prem team comes in for him he will be off.
  • I know its been questioned a few times that the £3.5m (?) will go to Staprix, that we'll never see the cash and that the money will be used to sign Standard Liege's next Striker (no doubt being Yann Kermorgant

Thing is, yes that can happen but Roland has more than £3.5m in his bank account so yes Staprix COULD use that to buy the next Liege Striker, yet with FFP rules now in place, that £3.5m will show as an extra piece of income that Charlton have obtained from selling a youngster, so regardless, under FFP, the Football League would let us spend that £3.5m on players if we so wanted.
  • Rumours are 6m plus add ons to 10 from what I've seen in my searches this eve
  • edited June 2015

I know its been questioned a few times that the £3.5m (?) will go to Staprix, that we'll never see the cash and that the money will be used to sign Standard Liege's next Striker (no doubt being Yann Kermorgant

Thing is, yes that can happen but Roland has more than £3.5m in his bank account so yes Staprix COULD use that to buy the next Liege Striker, yet with FFP rules now in place, that £3.5m will show as an extra piece of income that Charlton have obtained from selling a youngster, so regardless, under FFP, the Football League would let us spend that £3.5m on players if we so wanted.

I suppose you could get around that by signing Standard Liege players for a total of £3.5m or whatever the fee is. Not that I'm suggesting that's the case.
  • Don't know who this fella is or if he posts on here but it's about as good as we're gonna get in terms of a rumour this weekend:

• ^ This Conor guy seems to have picked up the rumour from ITTV, where there's a thread by Reams titled "They say things come in 3's"...
  • Ned Nederlander, Lucky Day and Dusty Bottoms. El Gaupo possibly for a small fee.
  • I love how people start guessing players from Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham and Liverpool
    They forget that Bournemouth are an EPL club now
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2015
  • 3 Liverpool youth players as part of the deal.... Or worse, 2 and Balotelli
  • I could see some players coming in from Bournemouth . What about Elliott Ward? Or is he going to turn into another Julian Gray / Hayden Mullins or Darren Purse.
  • edited June 2015

How close is possible? From his family?

Strongest source you could get really. Wouldn't mention which is the likeliest club though. Deal will be drawn up and thrashed out to willing parties
    So Andy Delorts dad gave you this information? Nothing like speculating and trying to pass it off as having inside information.

• Don't know who this fella is or if he posts on here but it's about as good as we're gonna get in terms of a rumour this weekend:

Messi, Neymar, Suarez. Why stop at prem when you can start a rumour?

• It's the 3 players Leicester sacked ;-)

They'll be cheap at least. We'll be looking in skips for players soon...
  • Nooo... Cant see us getting Divock Origi on loan... He'll be one of their main Strikers next season, especially if Fabian Borini goes
  • edited June 2015

Nooo... Cant see us getting Divock Origi on loan... He'll be one of their main Strikers next season, especially if Fabian Borini goes

Origi was pretty average last year in the French league though, so you never know.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!