Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• dancafc said:

I'm not some Saturdays I have to piss about swapping shifts at work or losing money so I don't really fancy doing that to watch us get rolled over every week

Dan, you're moaning! :smile:
  • edited June 2015
    skywalker said:

ross1 said:

Of course, if JC, JG and JBG were all sold for a good price, then I am sure RD will use the money to buy some very good players, and not keep the money or invest it in any of his other clubs. I am sure we can relax and depend on this, can't we? please agree with me, or it is very worrying.

The short answer is that we can't yet be sure. RD will decide how the money is to be allocated across his network of clubs. There's no reason to believe that all player sales income will be ring-fenced to the selling club, nor does it make sense to sell decent Charlton players and replace them with cheap donkeys. But then not everything RD does is logical....Kerm, Polish Pete, Morrison, No Point etc.

I was always told not to worry about things you can't control or influence, so I'm not worrying. Nor am I rushing to renew my ST- I'll wait and see whether we have a competitive squad.
    Gentlemen, if one mentions Vetokele to the average football enthusiast in Belgium, chances are that you'll see question marks in their eyes. However, just mention Lepoint, and probably everyone will say "good player". It's clear he didn't add much to the game for you guys, but what was the reason ? So, probably good for everybody that he left Charlton, but please ... give the guy some slack.
    It seems his main strengths are his physical prowess and athleticism... but most decent players at this level have those but also greater technique than Lepoint ever demonstrated on these shores. I don't want to generalise about the relative levels of the two leagues but Lepoint just never showed the kind of finesse and skill that it takes to really stand out, more of a bruiser than anything and there's plenty of those around, he never stood out.

In fairness it may at least in part be to his ending up being played up front quite a lot due to our total lack of target man forwards, which probably doesn't suit his strengths.
  • Random rumour, was out with a spurs pal last night and he seemed pretty sure we were going to get Dele Alli on a season long loan. Would be a cracking signing if any truth.
  • Not a rumour for us but something that made me laugh. Palace looking at Iker Casillas. Palace friend of mine said "we don't need him we have Wayne Hennessey"......... Really?????
  • Give it a rest now with the whole Gomez thing the boy wants to play in the premier league and we need the money to invest in New players . All you people moaning about rd and him selling our young players need to remember before he come we was in financial ruin and the youth team was a mess he has come in and invested a huge amount in both the team and youth team and for that we are seeing kids like Gomez come through .One thing we don't know and Weird someone is trying to compare joe Gomez to sol Campbell the boy has not played one game of premiership football he will struggle to get in Liverpools team but it's what he wants so why shouldn't rd sell him.
  • There is a saying that you can’t miss what you haven’t had. Well we haven’t had the best of Gomez so in a footballing sense we won’t miss him as much as we would Cousins or JBG. But it is a shame we can’t see a top top player grow over a couple of seasons before he goes. The reason big clubs were so keen to get him is that it is pretty clear he is going to be some player. As long as we get a decent price and improve the squad, it could be a good thing. I see Doctor Kish is suggesting that we might purposely want to play down the extent of the deal, as might Liverpool. It may just be his personal theory, but I hope it is the case. Another way at looking at it is £10m in Roland’s back pocket isn’t as good as £3.5m spent on improving the team. What we do to strengthen is going to be the thing that keeps us happy or tips us over the edge.

We showed pretty clearly last season that there is an edge. Hopefully, we won’t be sailing too close to it in future. The coming day/weeks will tell us a lot.
  • With the transfer of Gomez almost complete hopefully the transfer pot increased I'm really looking forward to some more positive news coming through soon and I believe it will. Positive thinking
  • Semi Ajayi has signed a 2 year deal at Cardiff
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2015
    Could we get promoted if we have a good transfer window then? Are we allowed to hope for that or should we pay people to kick us in the nuts as we walk through the turnstile and be grateful for it.
  • Give it a rest now with the whole Gomez thing the boy wants to play in the premier league and we need the money to invest in New players . All you people moaning about rd and him selling our young players need to remember before he come we was in financial ruin and the youth team was a mess he has come in and invested a huge amount in both the team and youth team and for that we are seeing kids like Gomez come through .One thing we don't know and Weird someone is trying to compare joe Gomez to sol Campbell the boy has not played one game of premiership football he will struggle to get in Liverpools team but it's what he wants so why shouldn't rd sell him.

That was me, and I was comparing the two from seeing them as 17 year olds, not Joe Gomez now compared to Sol Campbell's whole career.
  • @RoyDeAlien: Huddersfield and Mk dons and Charlton have all bid around the 2 mil mark for Aberdeen star Nial McGinn #htfc #mkdons #cafc #aberdeen
  • Madz said:

Not a rumour for us but something that made me laugh. Palace looking at Iker Casillas. Palace friend of mine said "we don't need him we have Wayne Hennessey"......... Really?????

He'd be a disaster in the Premier League. Good shot stopper, although in decline. His lack of physical presence means that he'd have no chance at a mid- low ranking Premiership side. De Gea was young enough to learn to adapt but
    seth plum said:

Give it a rest now with the whole Gomez thing the boy wants to play in the premier league and we need the money to invest in New players . All you people moaning about rd and him selling our young players need to remember before he come we was in financial ruin and the youth team was a mess he has come in and invested a huge amount in both the team and youth team and for that we are seeing kids like Gomez come through .One thing we don't know and Weird someone is trying to compare joe Gomez to sol Campbell the boy has not played one game of premiership football he will struggle to get in Liverpools team but it's what he wants so why shouldn't rd sell him.

That was me, and I was comparing the two from seeing them as 17 year olds, not Joe Gomez now compared to Sol Campbell's whole career.
    I agree with you, although more like Ledley King. More graceful than Sol
  • sammy391 said:

@RoyDeAlien: Huddersfield and Mk dons and Charlton have all bid around the 2 mil mark for Aberdeen star Nial McGinn #htfc #mkdons #cafc #aberdeen

good old Belgian name ;-)

• Sponsored links:

• Sky Sports saying that Ryan Taylor has been approached by Standard Liege.
  • sammy391 said:

@RoyDeAlien: Huddersfield and Mk dons and Charlton have all bid around the 2 mil mark for Aberdeen star Nial McGinn #htfc #mkdons #cafc #aberdeen

good old Belgian name ;-)

I know this is the type of thing that should be posted on here, but does anyone even vaguely believe this?
  • would be a real punt, been at Luton a year, after joining on a free from Wycombe, but loaned out all last season to Boreham Wood.

Strange move. Expect to see him at The Valley by the end of the season then.

Thats a January signing for us right there then...
  • would be a real punt, been at Luton a year, after joining on a free from Wycombe, but loaned out all last season to Boreham Wood.

At 20 it would be a development signing. 25 goals last season for Boreham Wood.
  • Was released by Wycombe in 2014 after making three appearances yet failing to find the net (Spent time on loan @ Hendon / Maidenhead / Boreham Wood whilst with Wycombe).

Signed for Luton last summer but is yet to make an appearance, was loaned straight out to Boreham Wood where he scored 30-goals in 47-appearances as they won promotion to the Conference
  • seth plum said:

Give it a rest now with the whole Gomez thing the boy wants to play in the premier league and we need the money to invest in New players . All you people moaning about rd and him selling our young players need to remember before he come we was in financial ruin and the youth team was a mess he has come in and invested a huge amount in both the team and youth team and for that we are seeing kids like Gomez come through .One thing we don't know and Weird someone is trying to compare joe Gomez to sol Campbell the boy has not played one game of premiership football he will struggle to get in Liverpools team but it's what he wants so why shouldn't rd sell him.

how many times did u go and watch sol at17 Ibet none .
  • seth plum said:

how many times did u go and watch sol at17 Ibet none .
    think you can be sure that Seth saw him at least once, as he indicates.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!