Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• Just what we need. A shit Twitter rumour for everyone to use as more digs.
  • Ryan Taylor to Liege.
  • That link just tried to do something to my.phone, becareful opening it my phone blocked it and logged me out
  • That link just tried to do something to my.phone, becareful opening it my phone blocked it and logged me out

It says....

According to reports, three Football League clubs in the form of Brentford, Charlton Athletic and Preston, as well as Scottish giants Celtic, are all interested in signing Villareal striker Fran Sol with the forward entering the final year of his contract in Spain.

The 23 year-old has come to prominence due to his performances for Villareal B in the third tier of Spanish football where he managed to net 11 goals in 36 games which earnt him a call up to the senior squad.

Sol made his La Liga debut in April of this year in a goalless draw away at Real Sociedad as he never managed to make an appearance in the hallowed white of Real Madrid.

After joining the Whites in 2002 as a ten year-old, Sol spent 12 years at the Santiago Bernabeu earning loan spells at Segunda Division sides Lugo and Oviedo but failed to make a goal scoring impression at either club.
  • According to reports, three Football League clubs in the form of Brentford, Charlton Athletic and Preston, as well as Scottish giants Celtic, are all interested in signing Villareal striker Fran Sol with the forward entering the final year of his contract in Spain.
  • That's odd nla it ain't a dodgy website. Seen rumours on there before.

It says Brentford, Preston, Celtic and ourselves are after ex-RM striker Fran Sol who only has a year left on his contract at Villareal.
  • Dunno mate I have been on there before myself and Its been fine, I put a decent anti virus on here as I use the phone for work, it just didn't like that at all
  • Spoke to someone very in the know and by the end of july we will on paper a better squad than last year. Question is will they gel and hit the ground running. Over to you Mr Luzon;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Spoke to someone very in the know and by the end of july we will on paper a better squad than last year. Question is will they gel and hit the ground running. Over to you Mr Luzon;-)

I assume that's provided we sign all our targets? Any chance your ITK contact spilled the beans on that front? ;-)

We are desperate for a proper rumour over here.
  • Derby have bid for Vetokele. Twitter rumour.

The same account just tweeted this.

Transfer Centre 9 ‏@TransferCentre9 8m8 minutes ago
    Charlton Athletic are on the verge of signing Imoh Ezekiel on Loan with a view to a permanent move from Standard Liege #CAFC

Ezekiel is contracted to a Qatari club and therefore anything that account ever posts is now confirmed to be a teenage boy tweeting made up rumours from their bedroom.

Well that's going to be tight, end of July and hit the ground running, the first game is August 8th.
    We have West Ham United (going to miss that one) at the Valley on Saturday July 25th and I hope our squad is well sorted by then.
  • What disappoints us most in life is a picture in our heads of how its supposed to be! Not saying they will all sign on the 29th of july! Seth , but the majority will be here before pre season. Have a good summer.
  • Derby have bid for Vetokele. Twitter rumour.

The same account just tweeted this.

Transfer Centre 9 ‏@TransferCentre9 8m8 minutes ago
    Charlton Athletic are on the verge of signing Imoh Ezekiel on Loan with a view to a permanent move from Standard Liege #CAFC

Ezekiel is contracted to a Qatari club and therefore anything that account ever posts is now confirmed to be a teenage boy tweeting made up rumours from their bedroom.

That's a funny one. He was at Standard Liege, then was sold to the Qatari club, where after half a season he was loaned back to Liege. But as you say, that rumour is clearly nonsense.
  • edited June 2015
    Comments (0)
    Charlton Athletic are among the clubs interested in former Real Madrid youth striker Fran Sol, according to HITC Sport
    The 23-year-old Villarreal is attracting interest from a clutch of Championship sides including the Addicks, Preston North End, Brentford and Bristol City, while Scottish giants Celtic are also in the hunt.

The forward would be available for a nominal fee.
  • edited June 2015

Ryan Taylor to Liege.

don't understand why we can't have him then, we need centre

Comments (0)
    Charlton Athletic are among the clubs interested in former Real Madrid youth striker Fran Sol, according to HITC Sport
    The 23-year-old Villarreal is attracting interest from a clutch of Championship sides including the Addicks, Preston North End, Brentford and Bristol City, while Scottish giants Celtic are also in the hunt.

The forward would be available for a nominal fee.

So we are going to replace a striker that doesn't score with another striker that doesn't score (unless the Spanish third division counts).

• Ryan Taylor is a full back. You're thinking of Steven Taylor.
  • After today's departure, I expect a signing early next week to calm the natives.
  • Sponsored links:

• colin1961 said:

colin1961 said:

Deal could be worth as much as 10 mill with Liverpool paying 5 mill now and the rest over 12 months

Eff me Colin, you're so slow off the mark with this stuff that you're even getting beaten to the punch by yourself!

You're not orbiting a blackhole or something are you, so time is running slower for you?

Is 1961 the year you thought it was when you signed up for Charlton Life?
    On a cruise ship .. So connection not great
    Someone's got cash
  • I wonder if we'll announce Bauer soon.
  • We should use some of the Gomez money to tie down Cousins, JBG and younger players like Holmes-Dennis.
  • We should use some of the Gomez money to tie down Cousins, JBG and younger players like Holmes-Dennis.

Certainly the first 2

Except I'm not at all sure money is the answer, at least for Johann. He is talented and ambitious, and if he feels the club does not match those ambitions, he'll be off. Selling Joe G is a very bad signal for him, UNLESS there is a very clear strengthening of the team as a result.
  • Davo55 said:

We should use some of the Gomez money to tie down Cousins, JBG and younger players like Holmes-Dennis.

Except I'm not at all sure money is the answer, at least for Johann. He is talented and ambitious, and if he feels the club does not match those ambitions, he'll be off. Selling Joe G is a very bad signal for him, UNLESS there is a very clear strengthening of the team as a result.
    I fear you're right with Johann but once we have a few players in then we should do our best to at least extend his contract for another year.
  • Davo55 said:

We should use some of the Gomez money to tie down Cousins, JBG and younger players like Holmes-Dennis.

I fear you're right with Johann but once we have a few players in then we should do our best to at least extend his contract for another year.
    Agreed. Fingers crossed eh!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!