Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• Guingamp have announced the signing of Belgian striker Nill De Pauw from Lokeren on a four-year contract.

The 25-year-old scored 28 goals across his 173 appearances for the Pro League side before making the switch to French football.

De Pauw will help bolster Guingamp's forward line given last season's top scorer Claudio Beauvue is expected to leave the Stade du Roudourou in the summer transfer window.
  • edited June 2015
    Shelvey would be a great signing for Spurs - He should be in the England squad -even as an option from the bench - it is strange Hodgson doesn't pick him. My sense is that the Gomez deal is going to be positive. Liverpool were trying to get it done on the cheap but if Southampton have come in with £6m then the bidding war we wanted has happened. I think it looks like we are in a strong position here for a change.
  • Shelvey would be a great signing for Spurs - He should be in the England squad -even as an option from the bench - it is strange Hodgson doesn't pick him. My sense is that the Gomez deal is going to be positive. Liverpool were trying to get it done on the cheap but if Southampton have come in with £6m then the bidding war we wanted has happened. I think it looks like we are in a strong position here for a change.

I think Shelvey refused to play for the under 23 s and has not been considered since
  • Shelvey would be a great signing for Spurs - He should be in the England squad -even as an option from the bench - it is strange Hodgson doesn't pick him. My sense is that the Gomez deal is going to be positive. Liverpool were trying to get it done on the cheap but if Southampton have come in with £6m then the bidding war we wanted has happened. I think it looks like we are in a strong position here for a change.

I think Shelvey refused to play for the under 23 s and has not been considered since
    and so he shouldn't be.
  • Under 23s FFS!!!!! That says all that needs to be said! U21s ok - but U23s!!!!
  • Sky just reported that Liverpool has activated a 3.5m release clause for JG and that a medical is due tomorrow. Don't shoot the messenger boy (me) !!
  • PeterGage said:

Sky just reported that Liverpool has activated a 3.5m release clause for JG and that a medical is due tomorrow. Don't shoot the messenger boy (me) !!

Thanks Colin. ;-)
  • Skrtel just agreed a new contract as well
  • Gomez signed a contract as a young lad making his first steps into first team football, and in the knowledge that he was at a club who would sell him to a bigger club at the right time and price guaranteed. From what we know, both he and his parents have their heads screwed on and his initial position was a preference to stay rather than move and he had to be persuaded otherwise. I would be reasonably confident that if he is not playing in a Premiership first team, he would prefer to be playing in a Championship one. The last thing he would have thought about was a buy out clause.

His agent however...
    His dad however
  • Sponsored links:

• Don't you join the yellow bellied lot too,
  • I'm looking forward to the new season. A squad full of unknows who go on and win the Championship under the guidance of GL ... Aim high, that's what I say
  • I'm not some Saturdays I have to piss about swapping shifts at work or losing money so I don't really fancy doing that to watch us get rolled over every week
  • dancafc said:

I'm not some Saturdays I have to piss about swapping shifts at work or losing money so I don't really fancy doing that to watch us get rolled over every week

The option not to go is always there. Grow some balls
  • dancafc said:

The lack of squad is making me think iv done the wrong thing renewing my season ticket

Short memory? We were in a far far worse position last year.
  • Selling Gomez can help us if we use the money well. That is if we use any of the money and RD doesn't pocket it. Of course nobody knows what is going to happen good or bad - especially with this owner/network. They can manage the club like they are the most clueless people on earth one minute, then actually make some good decisions the next. I haven't got a clue what we have in store and one thing about this owner (which I hate) is that he wont tell us anything so we just have to let the summer pass and build up the picture of what to expect from there. Any outcome is possible, so probably best not to give it too much thought yet.
  • It's a valid point to be raised but not now and the window not open
  • Sponsored links:

• dancafc said:

I'm not some Saturdays I have to piss about swapping shifts at work or losing money so I don't really fancy doing that to watch us get rolled over every week

The option not to go is always there. Grow some balls
    Strangely intolerant response.
  • _MrDick said:

I'm looking forward to the new season. A squad full of unknows who go on and win the Championship under the guidance of GL ... Aim high, that's what I say

Agree with Richard and the year we won league 1 did not have many players signed in June?
  • kevtherev said:

_MrDick said:

I'm looking forward to the new season. A squad full of unknows who go on and win the Championship under the guidance of GL ... Aim high, that's what I say

Agree with Richard and the year we won league 1 did not have many players signed in June?
    We signed Hollands, Pritchard and Sullivan at the end of May. Hayes, Evina and Alonso signed on 21st June and Green and Stephens on 29th. Everyone else signed in July or later.
  • Scoham said:

kevtherev said:

_MrDick said:

We signed Hollands, Pritchard and Sullivan at the end of May.
    Surely not. I keep being told the window doesnt open until July..........

numpties.

• 70 pages in....I predicted our first signing would be on page 15. I'm not very good at predictions....
  • dancafc said:

The lack of squad is making me think iv done the wrong thing renewing my season ticket

Short memory? We were in a far far worse position last year.
    I don't think so. currently we only have 2 strikers & 2 centre halves (one of which looks like he is going) 1 winger and a couple of centre midfielders. We don't know if Bulot or Buyens is staying and we have also been told that Wiggins can go too, leaving a left back with just half a season behind him. I would have kept Eagles at least he gives you cover up front & out wide.

Currently (and I repeat currently) we resemble Blackpool last year. I do expect players to come in, but looking at the amount that have left ( and may go) we need to be bringing in 9-10 new faces...........and hopefully before pre-season.
    1 winger? Last I checked we still had JBG and Harriott on the books.

And up front we have Watt, Igor, Piggot, PP, Reza I count 5 strikers unless I forgot anybody else.

Sorry but we resemble nothing like Blackpool last season though of course we do still need more players.

• http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/charlton-athletic-target-agrees-a-switch-to-france/

Central defender, Nill De Pauw, has joined French Ligue 1 side Guingamp, signing a four year deal at the club.
  • Cawley said Gomez is a done deal. Medical tomorrow
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!