Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• edited June 2015
    http://bit.ly/1FyUxRC

I called this while ago and was laughed at ...

Not saying I'm right yet but I'm almost there ...

• edited June 2015

cant say .. but just wait for the deal to be confirmed.

unless you are RD or maybe KM then you don't know. Not even Uncle Dickie will know.

Hahaha ok.. We will revisit this page once he is at Derby and a "reported fee" is released.
    http://bit.ly/1FyUxRC
    But a fee hasn't been released and he isn't at Derby so your point is?
  • When did we sell gomez I must've missed that
  • They got their info from BBC. Who got theirs from Sky. Who got theirs from randoms on here and Twitter.
  • SLP has done that for ages mate

• I heard a serious and well founded rumour that senior and respected recruitment and scouting professionals at the club had left or were leaving because meticulously planned scouting programmes were being over-ridden and ignored in favour of signing network or network/owner favourites who would clearly not be up to the standard required in the Championship.

Sorry if this is already common knowledge but I only heard it this week. It seems much of the scouting network has been out of action since the end of last season which could explain the lack of rumours.

Not sure if Bauer is an official scouting recommendation or just another Roland love child.

I didn't think we employed scouts as such any more since L1? I thought we worked with a network of self-employed scouts who work on comission? I am willing to be laughed out of court as a know-nothing sporting ignoramus.
  • Serge Gnabry is a loan (from Arse) rumour to us I've heard twice now. Probably just one of 'those' type of rumours though....

Seeing as Gnabry plays right midfield, does that mean Gudmundsson would be shifted to the left next season? Can't see our two best players forcing each other out of the team.
  • Serge Gnabry is a loan (from Arse) rumour to us I've heard twice now. Probably just one of 'those' type of rumours though....

Those Germans are like London buses....
  • Sponsored links:

• Too tall
  • Too tall

Sorry mate, that's you standing on a tea chest obviously, we ain't fooled.
  • Just shows though. Even if we only got 3.5m for Gomez then it could have been a lot, lot worse.

• Reams on ITTV now backtracking and saying that Yann will be revisited in January, and the other two 'talks are ongoing', followed by 'if it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen'.

I'm thinking of getting into that racket. Lionel Messi to join Charlton on a season long loan after his sex change. If it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen. I'm ITK you see
    To be ITK, you are being far too specific.

You need to give some general information "I hear that a club [never name them] is interested in selling us quality player [try not to say what position, otherwise you will be tied to it] soon [never, ever give deadlines]"

Then wait for some facts to come out about anything or anyone [doesn't matter who] and adjust your story accordingly. If nothing happens say "it was all set to go, but the agent got in the way at the last minute"

Bingo! you too have joined the ITK, football rumour version of cold reading.

In other news, I hear that Cousins was in first thing this morning to start training, before anyone else is back.
    Jordan has been at SL, running , each time we've been there over the past few weeks.

Great role model & Charlton through & through.

He's been at Standard Liege? The network stealing our best players, hiss boo :-)
    Networking, killerandflash.

Just networking.

• Brighton signed Liam Rosenior today, plenty of Premier League experience and can do a good job in the Championship, surely he is the kind of player we should be looking to compete to sign at least? Our financial situation surely doesn't differ too much from Brighton?
  • Brighton signed Liam Rosenior today, plenty of Premier League experience and can do a good job in the Championship, surely he is the kind of player we should be looking to compete to sign at least? Our financial situation surely doesn't differ too much from Brighton?

He's probably still mentally scarred from Jerome Thomas running rings around him when Fulham visited all those years ago
  • @Footbellers: Volgens #HNB toont #CAFC interesse in @TomDeSutter9, die ook in de belangstelling staat van #Bursaspor. #ClubBrugge #JPL

Get that YouTube video going
  • Sponsored links:

• Bubble said:

@Footbellers: Volgens #HNB toont #CAFC interesse in @TomDeSutter9, die ook in de belangstelling staat van #Bursaspor. #ClubBrugge #JPL

Get that YouTube video going

Good rumour and at 6ft 3in he could be what we need. Scoring 1 in 3.
  • http://m.voetbalnieuws.be/news/183707/Pakt_Duchâtelet_uit_met_de_komst_van_De_Sutter

Noticed this article mentions us, I can't translate on my phone thou.
  • Watched all goals from 2014-15 and only one headed goal and does not seem to be the one trying to get his head on the ball when it comes over. May not be the target man we are looking for?
    The first half of video is his goal celebrations?
  • luke1 said:

http://m.voetbalnieuws.be/news/183707/Pakt_Duchâtelet_uit_met_de_komst_van_De_Sutter

Noticed this article mentions us, I can't translate on my phone thou.

The interest comes mainly from Turkey, but would also Roland Duchâtelet interfere in the debates. The strong man among other Standard and Charlton Athletic De Sutter would like to get to England. A deal that seems definitely ruled out. The fact Sutter had recently been looking at his cards in Het Nieuwsblad . "Sports include English second division is not interesting. You do not play the European or the title. But you play football each week to 20,000. The perception is better than in Belgium. Take Charlton. You can live in London, leading a wonderful life , playing in a great competition. That would be me to say something, "it sounded when.
  • according to the current bun this morning Newcastle are about to spend £4m on Jordan Cousins
  • according to the current bun this morning Newcastle are about to spend £4m on Jordan Cousins

Double it and we'll think about it. Would have thought McLaren would go after some Derby players first.

Double it and we'll think about it. Would have thought McLaren would go after some Derby players first.
    Double it and not even contain the thought of losing Cousins
  • I thought he'd rather sign Hughes from Derby
  • how can anyone, ever again take McLaren seriously?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!