Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• Skywalker... from this interview it seems that he is no longer interested in coming to us. Have I read that correctly?

http://www.sport.be/fr/jupilerproleague/nieuws/article.html?Article_ID=732684&utm_source=jupilerproleague.be&utm_campaign=sportbe_rss&utm_medium=rss

That's not how I read it, it seemed that as a club we're not that exciting, but living in London, the excitement of the Championship and playing in front of decent crowds was interesting.
  • Talal said:

Have we ever signed someone with "de" in their name?

(Other than Alan de Wanker Pardew of course)

Dean Kiely
    Deon Burton
  • de Canio
  • Macronate said:

de Canio

di Canio.

Derek Hales
  • sam3110 said:

skywalker said:

I told you guys almost a year ago, De Sutter was interested in a transfer to Charlton. (He's really very good - prefer him to the likes of Lukaku or Benteke).

The problem is Lukaku and Benteke are both worth 20m+ whereas De Sutter is probably worth a tenth of that, and there will be a multitude of reasons for that
    Lukaku & Benteke are still in their early twenties. TDS is nearly 30. Still, would have put TDS on the pitch against Wales without hesitation. I think it's really exciting having TDS on RD's radar !
  • @ollygroome: Very excited for what's coming your way, very, very soon. #cafc #ValleyVault

Not sure what this could be...
  • @ollygroome: Very excited for what's coming your way, very, very soon. #cafc #ValleyVault

• Sponsored links:

What's inside? Could it be Michael Glikstein's wallet??.....
    Joe Gomez's release clause.
  • RD throwing money about inside after his SL sale
  • Alan Pardew's charisma ?
  • Open the door of the vault, and you can then count up exactly how much money we got for Joe Gomez.
  • Looks like something to do with the Hatton Garden caper.
  • skywalker said:

I'll try to translate: an offer was made to Tom De Sutter by KM, CEO at Charlton installed by RD ...blabla ... . An offer that rather pleases De Sutter (TDS). In an earlier interview TDS said the following on Charlton: "for sporting reasons, the Championship isn't that interesting. One doesn't play Champion's league or for the title. But one plays every week for 20000 supporters. Also, the atmosphere is better compared to Belgium. Take Charlton for instance: one can live in London, have a great life, play in a fun competition. I'd like that a lot."
    It then goes on in the interview that TDS would like to play abroad some day. He realizes however that at his age, the really big clubs aren't that interested.

Thank you for that translation, much clearer
  • I bet it's Christophe LePoint
  • Sponsored links:

• skywalker said:

I'll try to translate: an offer was made to Tom De Sutter by KM, CEO at Charlton installed by RD ...blabla ... . An offer that rather pleases De Sutter (TDS). In an earlier interview TDS said the following on Charlton: "for sporting reasons, the Championship isn't that interesting. One doesn't play Champion's league or for the title. But one plays every week for 20000 supporters. Also, the atmosphere is better compared to Belgium. Take Charlton for instance: one can live in London, have a great life, play in a fun competition. I'd like that a lot."
    It then goes on in the interview that TDS would like to play abroad some day. He realizes however that at his age, the really big clubs aren't that interested.

Thanks Skywalker for clearing up my own rather basic translation of the interview. So there is hope TDS may come if we make a good offer. Not saying he is going to be The One BUT he does look tidy with 1 in 3 scoring stat so far. A slightly younger version of Yann maybe?
  • Maybe away and third kit reveal...
  • The takings from the recent Hatton Garden heist

• Will probably leave us all thinking why bother with such a big announcement getting our hopes up and dashing them with something trivial !
  • The vault makes it sound like it's something from the past. So maybe historic matches put online through CAFC player/youtube?
  • Talal said:

Have we ever signed someone with "de" in their name?

(Other than Alan de Wanker Pardew of course)

Dean Kiely
    Deon Burton
    DENCH man Frimpong
  • skywalker said:

Thanks Skywalker for clearing up my own rather basic translation of the interview. So there is hope TDS may come if we make a good offer. Not saying he is going to be The One BUT he does look tidy with 1 in 3 scoring stat so far. A slightly younger version of Yann maybe?
    I think the biggest problem for the moment is his current club (Club Brugge). They don't like to see him go. Tells you something about his quality, doesn't it ? If he can choose between a club in Turkey or the UK, I don't think he'll hesitate. Other advantage for RD: he weakens an opponent for his lady friend's club (St Truiden).
  • A vault with an endless supply of chips?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!