Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• Maybe we can do for him what we did for Coquelin?
  • Stig said:

It seems quite bizarre to accuse the club scouts (or anyone) of laziness on the basis of what they are doing. Surely the whole nature of laziness is about what one doesn't do. If you've some evidence that our scouts have pitched up us these games having done nothing else all year, then I'd agree thet's lazy scouting. If however, this is seen as one opportunity that's part of a planned and ongoing scouting exercise then there's nothing lazy about it at all. I suspect the latter.

Perhaps lazy isn't the correct phrase I should have used - just not apt for us at the moment as a club. I may be wrong. Let's hope they're doing their homework elsewhere, improving the calibre which they (those in charge) send us from SL is one of the most important at this stage and they must be learning from their past mistakes.

Back to le rumours.
  • Of course we have scouts at the EU21's, our network scouts love the old played youth internationally tag - not that it's a sign of a great player in my books - they seem to think playing at an International youth stage = chance of full International caps so value. Nego, PP, Koc, Thuram etc... rarely will we find a good mould, they're still learning their trade as a player and to chuck them in a much more physical and higher level, the Championship, is a risk. Some will pull off but it's lazy.

Sorry. I think most of that is nonsense. Of course some won't push on and up but many will. It's a showcase of the players that of their age group are considered by the countries to be the pick of the crop. It would be negligent not to be there.

I didn't state I don't think many won't push on to a higher level. I don't doubt that.

I also didn't state we shouldn't be there. I just think it's lazy scouting, it's good as a potential scouting, future scouting - we have signed a handful that aren't ready when these scouts have been thinking they were.. It's not moulded to us, we need some form of consistency in our transfers.

Good for a very almost completed squad addition, not good trying to buy the best talent from any old country's youth system and lob them in. I noticed it very early on and was proved right with the signings I didn't like, it's not right for us. PP being bigged up, the fee paid and then struggling in the U21's was laughable antics, quite embarassing almost - the poor lads probably had his confidence shot from our own owners and scouts misjudgement.
    So it's lazy scouting to be at the place where every player considered by their countries to be the best of their age are all together in a competitive scenario ?

Fair do's.

Yes. The equivalent of Utd scouts watching World Cup and picking players they want. Of course it's lazy, judging a player at the International stage isn't enough when big money is on the line. They may not even be playing their natural position.

Anyway that's my opinion that we're hunting in the wrong woods, and our recent history shows that. Look closer to home, we'll have more luck picking the more suited players, just have to look a bit harder.
    I doubt they are or will be judging anyone on just a few games in an international tournament.

The club will already have targets that they watched last season that they are now trying to sign. These are more likely to be players that we'll continue to monitor rather than bring in this summer.
  • Stig said:

It seems quite bizarre to accuse the club scouts (or anyone) of laziness on the basis of what they are doing. Surely the whole nature of laziness is about what one doesn't do. If you've some evidence that our scouts have pitched up us these games having done nothing else all year, then I'd agree thet's lazy scouting. If however, this is seen as one opportunity that's part of a planned and ongoing scouting exercise then there's nothing lazy about it at all. I suspect the latter.

Perhaps lazy isn't the correct phrase I should have used - just not apt for us at the moment as a club. I may be wrong. Let's hope they're doing their homework elsewhere, improving the calibre which they (those in charge) send us from SL is one of the most important at this stage and they must be learning from their past mistakes.

Back to le rumours.
    We accept your apology ;0)

• If someone is paid or their role is to watch footballers and create a dossier on them ,especially young up and coming talent then surely if they wernt at the u21 tournament they are lazy and not doing the best they can ,

Take the England u21 team many are already first team regulars at their parent club or their loan club

How often would you get the chance to see the best European players all in one place at minimal cost in travel expenses and hrs invoiced if you didn't attend
  • Would love Gnabry on a season long loan.

Does he play for Bournemouth?
  • I have been to see Mystic Meg and she says an attractive Belgian has told her that there will be more Footballers brought into a Club called Charlton Athletic. One of the Clubs mentioned begins with B and ends with H. Also other Footballers will brought in from a Continent called Europe, especially a Country called France. That is all she has told me.
  • dickplumb said:

I have been to see Mystic Meg and she says an attractive Belgian has told her that there will be more Footballers brought into a Club called Charlton Athletic. One of the Clubs mentioned begins with B and ends with H. Also other Footballers will brought in from a Continent called Europe, especially a Country called France. That is all she has told me.

Bath(City) ?
  • Sponsored links:

• I heard a serious and well founded rumour that senior and respected recruitment and scouting professionals at the club had left or were leaving because meticulously planned scouting programmes were being over-ridden and ignored in favour of signing network or network/owner favourites who would clearly not be up to the standard required in the Championship.

Sorry if this is already common knowledge but I only heard it this week. It seems much of the scouting network has been out of action since the end of last season which could explain the lack of rumours.

Not sure if Bauer is an official scouting recommendation or just another Roland love child.
  • edited June 2015
    To put our transfer activity into context.

• Reams on ITTV now backtracking and saying that Yann will be revisited in January, and the other two 'talks are ongoing', followed by 'if it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen'.

I'm thinking of getting into that racket. Lionel Messi to join Charlton on a season long loan after his sex change. If it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen. I'm ITK you see
    To be ITK, you are being far too specific.

You need to give some general information "I hear that a club [never name them] is interested in selling us quality player [try not to say what position, otherwise you will be tied to it] soon [never, ever give deadlines]"

Then wait for some facts to come out about anything or anyone [doesn't matter who] and adjust your story accordingly. If nothing happens say "it was all set to go, but the agent got in the way at the last minute"

Bingo! you too have joined the ITK, football rumour version of cold reading.

In other news, I hear that Cousins was in first thing this morning to start training, before anyone else is back.
    Clearing out his stuff.
    Apparently not. No sign of him being sold.
  • Serge Gnabry is a loan (from Arse) rumour to us I've heard twice now. Probably just one of 'those' type of rumours though....

No chance
  • To put our transfer activity into context.

And only four of them have got shorts!
  • @AgentRumour: Bongani Khumalo is set to start pre-season training with Charlton following his release by Spurs. #cafc #thfc
  • sammy391 said:

@AgentRumour: Bongani Khumalo is set to start pre-season training with Charlton following his release by Spurs. #cafc #thfc

I really hope not!
  • Sponsored links:

• Another one I ain't heard off
  • Went on loan to a host of league one sides. Made a few mistakes when on loan to Colchester if i remember rightly.
  • Parky would sign him
  • sammy391 said:

@AgentRumour: Bongani Khumalo is set to start pre-season training with Charlton following his release by Spurs. #cafc #thfc

Noooo ta.
  • Is he South African?
  • sammy391 said:

Yeah he's a Saffa. Don't think he could cut it at this level as he didn't really turn heads on his respective loans. He might be worth a trial, like Bikey last preseason, and be a squad player. However, if we looking at "better than 12th" then I don't think he fits the bill.
  • Parky would sign him

And probably pay for his wages out of his own pocket
  • cant say .. but just wait for the deal to be confirmed.

unless you are RD or maybe KM then you don't know. Not even Uncle Dickie will know.

Hahaha ok.. We will revisit this page once he is at Derby and a "reported fee" is released.
    http://bit.ly/1FyUxRC
  • Wouldn't be too dear I am sure he wouldn't miss it
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!