Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Player of the year 2014/15 (Jordan Cousins)

Comments

• Options
    Can't believe that decision.

Absolute joke.

How did Hobbis ever beat Kingsley?
  • Options
    To be fair Gudmundsson had a better 2nd half to the season than the 1st half but I voted for cousins so I'm happy. It was only between cousin and Gudmundsson. Henderson has been great and was missed when he was not fit.
  • Options

JBG had a strong case but he can put it right next year!

Won CADSA player of the year

• Options
    Kap10 said:

In a minority as otherwise he wouldn't have won POTY would he?

again a brilliant end to the season and as with Mr Poyet that's what sticks in peoples minds
    Paulie you love opening new threads, why don't you open a slag of Jordan thread instead of ruining a thread that celebrates his hard won achievement.
    Please read all my posts before having a go at me
    I have said 4/5 times he is brilliant and I love him and hope we can keep him for a long time

I made a comment saying he was not playing well at LM a few people disagreed so I was just getting my point across
    I was not slagging him off, just think JBG has been more consistent through the year,
    Jordan has played the best football since February but IMO JBG has been more consistent
  • Options
    Last time I upset Pauline he sent me a message slagging me off
  • Options

Pauline, have a night off dude

sorry forget opinions were banned on here

anyway not feeling great hence the reason I was not there tonight so off to bed
    Night All Big Kisses XXXXXXXXX
  • Options
    At the end of the day Cousins got the most votes so won.
    Its called democracy.

Congrats to Jordan, Joe, and to JBG and Hendo - would be interested to know how close it was but if that would start a major debate I can live without that knowledge!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Absolute joke.

There should be a Recount.

Kingsley made the ultimate sacrifice.

He left the club he loved(CAFC) so we could pay for a new Pitch.

That would never happen now 0(:-p

• Options

Absolute joke.

Did Kingsley get second?

No disrespect to Derek Ufton either but John Hewie got my vote in the other category.
  • Options
    Great result. Well done to all three.

May not have been our greatest left winger, but whithout his covering we would have been taken apart down the left.

Best midfielder we have had since Parker.
  • Options

Last time I upset Pauline he sent me a message slagging me off

Don't worry son, I got the dreaded Inbox from Pauline regarding my behaviour with flagging his comments
  • Options
    Congrats to Jordan - very well - deserved.

I presented him once with a man of the match award (possibly his first) - the traditional bottle of champagne. Only breaking the law as he was still 17...

Hope he gets to legally enjoy a glass or two of fizz this time!

• Options

We're live on CAFCPlayer this evening

I was out this evening so missed the coverage.. is there any chance we can listen to it or highlights and interviews from the evening? I seem to remember we could last year??
    We will release the show as a podcast over the next few days - might take a few days until @Glovepup comes back from holiday because he does the uploading but hopefully there will be an audioboom copy beforehand.
  • Options

We're live on CAFCPlayer this evening

I was out this evening so missed the coverage.. is there any chance we can listen to it or highlights and interviews from the evening? I seem to remember we could last year??
    We will release the show as a podcast over the next few days - might take a few days until @Glovepup comes back from holiday because he does the uploading but hopefully there will be an audioboom copy beforehand.
    Cheers mate top stuff as always!!!
  • Options
    There were well over 4000 votes cast so our opinions here are only part of the picture. Jordan got about 36% of the votes so there is a reason for that, and the obvious reason is that he was our best player over the whole season and a deserved winner, but JBG also got over 30% of the votes and those who voted for him need not feel aggrieved, it was a close run thing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well deserved. Ok LM very good CM. His energy and effort won him this not his position change.
  • Options
    edited May 2015

On here in August I predicted Jordan as POTY, without having any clue about who Igor or JBG even were. I backed him having seen his debut against Forest and marvelling at his calmness and poise in a deep central role. He got kicked out of that role by Poyet, and was asked to play wide this, wide that, just about anywhere. He's so young that he was still included in the young POTY tonight, which seems to me a bit ridiculous. Of course I don't see so many games, but he got my vote in part because of the number of times I heard Peter Finch summarizing the end of the game with the words "Jordan Cousins is absolutely dead on his feet"

You're 19 years old Jordan, and you held this team together. Delighted you got the recognition you richly deserve.

He's 21 but good post still.
    And he made his debut against Barnsley .. But here here!
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

It may be positive spin but I asked Solly about his knee and he said it is completely back to normal and he can play twice a week again.

I asked him as well and he said his knee was fine.
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

On here in August I predicted Jordan as POTY, without having any clue about who Igor or JBG even were. I backed him having seen his debut against Forest and marvelling at his calmness and poise in a deep central role. He got kicked out of that role by Poyet, and was asked to play wide this, wide that, just about anywhere. He's so young that he was still included in the young POTY tonight, which seems to me a bit ridiculous. Of course I don't see so many games, but he got my vote in part because of the number of times I heard Peter Finch summarizing the end of the game with the words "Jordan Cousins is absolutely dead on his feet"

You're 19 years old Jordan, and you held this team together. Delighted you got the recognition you richly deserve.

He's 21 but good post still.
    And he made his debut against Barnsley .. But here here!
    My mistake about his age, but then even more baffling why they entered him for young player of the year.

They all look terrifyingly young :-)

• Options
    RedPanda said:

It may be positive spin but I asked Solly about his knee and he said it is completely back to normal and he can play twice a week again.

It's good he's getting back to normal but if that's the case he will pass a medical now which means the vultures will be sniffing around and we all know rolland will cash in if the price is right