Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Player of the year 2014/15 (Jordan Cousins)

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2015
    cabbles said:

Always good to see an academy product win it. He's been pretty much ever present bar the Bournemouth game I think. Asked to do a tough job out in a position that was unfamiliar and let's be honest, let's be honest, was detrimental to his own personal development.

The forest home game stood out for me. He was real class that night. Personally I voted for JBG.

I will say however that I don't think or can't see Cousins at the moment as a Prem player. Of course he's young his game will get better, but I thought Parker bossed him off the park in the Fulham home game, and he was just doing very simple things to a high standard. You might think I'm being a tad harsh but we've all been watching football long enough to know when you are good, or when you are next level. Not sure Cousins will be for me.

I also thing that of the two, Poyet is/was better and he didn't get a sniff at west ham

He isn't yet, but he can be. Improve the passing - which he has in his locker - improve goals - which he has in his locker and add it to what he is doing consistently now and you have a premiership player.
  • Options
    Solly was quick witted and funny when I had a brief word with him, very likeable, and I also have to say that Guy Luzon was very friendly and had a warmth about him which doesn't come over on media.
  • Options
    Chris Parkes ...bloody predictive text.
  • Options

cabbles said:

Always good to see an academy product win it. He's been pretty much ever present bar the Bournemouth game I think. Asked to do a tough job out in a position that was unfamiliar and let's be honest, let's be honest, was detrimental to his own personal development.

The forest home game stood out for me. He was real class that night. Personally I voted for JBG.

I will say however that I don't think or can't see Cousins at the moment as a Prem player. Of course he's young his game will get better, but I thought Parker bossed him off the park in the Fulham home game, and he was just doing very simple things to a high standard. You might think I'm being a tad harsh but we've all been watching football long enough to know when you are good, or when you are next level. Not sure Cousins will be for me.

I also thing that of the two, Poyet is/was better and he didn't get a sniff at west ham

He isn't yet, but he can be. Improve the passing - which he has in his locker - improve goals - which he has in his locker and add it to what he is doing consistently now and you have a premiership player.
    I hope so Muttley. Like I say fully deserves it and shows some great promise. I don't know about you I just think you can always tell the ones that are going to go on and make it higher up.

But what's this his first full season, so prob too early to say for sure
  • Options
    cabbles said:

cabbles said:

I hope so Muttley. Like I say fully deserves it and shows some great promise. I don't know about you I just think you can always tell the ones that are going to go on and make it higher up.

But what's this his first full season, so prob too early to say for sure
    Yes, I have been watching football seriously for 40 years. I do feel I can spot a great player and have done on a number of occasions. For opponents too. BTW - really impressed with the Leeds number 4 Austin. If I was a manager, I'd try to get him in.
  • Options
    I agree about tony watt I asked him if he had had enough coz the photo he did with my boy wasn't the best he just said short and sharp no I'm fine but he may well have been pissed
    I would have to say ben Roberts was by far my favourite to talk to iv spoken to him a number of times what a genuine down to earth bloke
  • Options

Also really hope @GlassHalfFull had a wonderful night celebrating his 60th season following Charlton. A lovely, kind, generous guy, and I know he took a few friends with him last night, so hope you had a great night Alan.

Is it GlassHalfFull that does the book/programme parcels for overseas supporters? That makes him a top man in my book. I'm sure he still is though, even if I'm thinking of someone else.
  • Options
    Yes
  • Options
    Sounds like Diarra is a top bloke, shame Watt couldn't have made more of an effort - that being said the couple of times he's been paraded into Crossbars after a game for the man of the match award he's looked really uncomfortable, perhaps he's just shy and doesn't enjoy these sorts of things.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think Watt is just one of those people with a miserable-looking face -probably gets fed up of everyone telling him to cheer up all the time! As long as he lets his football do the talking on the pitch, that's fine by me.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

I also think that of the two, Poyet is/was better and he didn't get a sniff at west ham

When I first saw Cousins, he was the U18 right back and he looked horrendous. His improvement since then has been phenomenal. Don't write the lad off; people who want to improve badly invariably do . I guarantee he's improved more than Poyet this season
  • Options
    I wouldn't swap him with Poyet given the choice at this time.
  • Options
    Watt strikes me as quite a shy awkward person. It's probably contributed to the claims about his attitude problem in the past, but some people just can't switch on the friendly public face. Some players like Church and Jackson are outgoing friendly types and they're perfect for this kind of event but I imagine it took a decent amount of effort for Watt to show up and be as engaging as he could. Of course, that's just my impression of him, he might just think we're all right bastards
  • Options

Also really hope @GlassHalfFull had a wonderful night celebrating his 60th season following Charlton. A lovely, kind, generous guy, and I know he took a few friends with him last night, so hope you had a great night Alan.

Agree with this 100%. Should have been there myself last night, but couldn't due to injury, and you wont meet another as kind, thoughtful and generous as GHF. Hope he had the most wonderful evening. He deserved it!

• Options

Watt strikes me as quite a shy awkward person. It's probably contributed to the claims about his attitude problem in the past, but some people just can't switch on the friendly public face. Some players like Church and Jackson are outgoing friendly types and they're perfect for this kind of event but I imagine it took a decent amount of effort for Watt to show up and be as engaging as he could. Of course, that's just my impression of him, he might just think we're all right bastards

And let's not forget he's Scottish.

Check what "dour" means in the dictionary...
  • Options
    Another vote of thanks to Fanny for all her hard work in organising this event. Wish I could have made it.
  • Options
    Voted for Jordan. Consistent effort over the full season and did a job for the team in an un-familiar position when asked to do so. Proper team player.
  • Options
    Watt is going to be a very important player for us next season. I want the club to get him as fit as he has ever been. Vetokele too. We need to be focusing on a big push next season, and both of them will be key to this. I don't care if he doesn't smile much!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think people judge players far too easily, and expect too much the saying never meet your hero's should be remembered as they are just men normal and when not playing football have other things they probably want to do and to be
  • Options
    edited May 2015

I think Watt is just one of those people with a miserable-looking face -probably gets fed up of everyone telling him to cheer up all the time! As long as he lets his football do the talking on the pitch, that's fine by me.

You should have heard what he said about you - Lol, smiley face, I'm only joking!!!!! Don't hit me
  • Options
    Has anyone ever seen Tony Watt and Viewfinder in the same room?
  • Options
    Another great night. Well done to Jordan Cousins.

Got photos of all the players with CEJ and without exception, they were all good guys.

Bikey was very happy and nowhere near as imposing as he looks on the pitch.

Many thanks to Jean & Ian for organising, superb job as usual.
  • Options

Pauline, have a night off dude

sorry forget opinions were banned on here

anyway not feeling great hence the reason I was not there tonight so off to bed
    Night All Big Kisses XXXXXXXXX
    Thank Christ for that.
  • Options

Pauline, have a night off dude

sorry forget opinions were banned on here

anyway not feeling great hence the reason I was not there tonight so off to bed
    Night All Big Kisses XXXXXXXXX
    Thank Christ for that.
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

You should have heard what he said about you - Lol, smiley face, I'm only joking!!!!! Don't hit me
    I got fed up as a kid of complete strangers walking past and telling me, "Cheer up love, it can't be that bad!" So I was empathising with him - it takes one to know one ;-)

I won't hit you this time, but have noted that you owe me a pint...