Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chelsea - Abramovich sanctioned (p9)

Comments

• Options
    So why does the Government not just confiscate the club and then sell it. That would be the easy way out.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Off_it said:
    RoanRedNY said:
    makes a mockery of “fit and proper” when Thailand dictators, Saudi murderers and Russian money launderers are fit and proper.  The FA needs to take some responsibility.  I’d rather the money helped the derby’s and bury’s of this world.  No sympathy for Chelski.  
    Derby?
    Yeah, the money grabbing FA stopped allowing inappropriate ‘fit and proper” owners and giving grass roots football clubs with other bad owners a chance of survival  - like derby county fc and bury fc….the list is quite long
  • Options
    msomerton said:
    So why does the Government not just confiscate the club and then sell it. That would be the easy way out.
    They’d have to finance it whilst waiting for a buyer, not sure that’s a good use of taxes. 
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    msomerton said:
    They’d have to finance it whilst waiting for a buyer, not sure that’s a good use of taxes. 
    Not saying its a great idea in the first place, but in the example given, the Government could take their money back out of the sale price. Eg -

Current asking price = £4b
    Government asking price = £3.5b + any money invested AND buyer pays all admin fees.

Reckon that would still keep it within the initial £4b and BoJo might even be able to get his flat redecorated out of the left overs
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    msomerton said:
    Not saying its a great idea in the first place, but in the example given, the Government could take their money back out of the sale price. Eg -

Current asking price = £4b
    Government asking price = £3.5b + any money invested AND buyer pays all admin fees.

Reckon that would still keep it within the initial £4b and BoJo might even be able to get his flat redecorated out of the left overs
    No one will pay that though, especially when they knos the government are losing a fortune and need a sale. 
  • Options
    In 12 months from now we won’t have even noticed a hiccup in Chelsea’s ability to function and go forward. Billionaires are queuing up to buy them and it won’t take long.
  • Options
    Boris does a u turn and allows the sale of Chski saying it is the best interests of.....probably his own as usual.  When is a sanction not a sanction. When whoever donates money the the easily bought Bori Tory government. 

Wild speculation or based on evidence?

I suspect I know.
  • Options
    It’s all a bit of a giggle now, but one thing I’m sure of, there are more than enough MPs and people of power and influence that support Chelsea for any consideration that they might be in long term trouble. 
    How "real' is their support, though? Gentrified Chelsea picked up a lot of "supporters" that in 1990 thought "offside" was a cricket term. Depends where we all are in summer, but I'd wager a lot of the types you're thinking of (certainly agree they exist) will be keeping quiet on this one.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2022
    This is another great article, the pretzel twisting by some people is incredible. If you don’t have credibility in an area to comment then just say so.

to be fair though that could also apply to myself included many of the comments on this forum :smile:
  • Options
    The Premier League have just announced that Abramovich has been stripped of his director role at Chelsea, effectively saying he's failed their laughable `fit & proper' test. Well done PL...20 fucking years too late. 
    A suggestion that this might derail any potential sale of the club. Not sure I understand why.
  • Options
    Everything won by Chelsea under Abramovich I suppose is now Blood Trophies.
  • Options
    The Premier League have just announced that Abramovich has been stripped of his director role at Chelsea, effectively saying he's failed their laughable `fit & proper' test. Well done PL...20 fucking years too late. 
    At least we know how awful you have to be to actually fail the “fit & proper” test now!
  • Options
    Therefore Newcastle should be now be going through what Chelsea are going through. Otherwise it's double standards.
    It will happen.

In 2042
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Everything won by Chelsea under Abramovich I suppose is now Blood Trophies.
    They always were blood trophies. It's just that people are beginning to realise it now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2022
    As with Matthew Syed’s clear summary, this has excellent observations, particularly about Shearer and by default other Newcastle fans.  “We got money, we don’t care”

ironically it’s almost as if chopping a journalist up in the basement of your embassy with a bone saw you brought in your hand luggage shouldn’t really be a mark against you when sitting the “fit and proper test” because killing 250k people plus plus (sadly with the help of the US/West) doesn’t even count.

perhaps the first 3 questions for the FA fit and proper test should be:

are you a murderer? And/or
    did you steal the mineral and natural assets of your country by getting them at a knock down price in a deal with a bent leader trying to maintain power? And/or
    are you a despot, country president/king/PM on the run or with more money in that suitcase than in your national economy?

If the answer is “Yes” or “maybe” or “Um…..define murderer/steal/suitcase”, then you fail the “fit and proper” and don't get to answer Q4

just a thought
  • Options
    Does you country have nuclear weapons pointed at the UK?
  • Options
    Richard Murray was a saint in comparison to the owners of Chelsea, Man city, Newcastle, PSG with their connection to Russia, UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar (QSI).

Roland is still a Douchebag.
  • Options
    Does you country have nuclear weapons pointed at the UK?
    Russia with ICBM's and submarine launches, China with submarine launches when they'd positioned them close enough.
  • Options
    In fairness Saudi Arabia’s human rights record took a major step backwards yesterday (which is a remarkable feat given where it was) when they executed 81 men in a day.  But howay the lads, fishy/dishy…..all’s right at the toon
  • Options
    Geordies singing “Mike Ashley, he’s coming for you”
    That did make me laugh when I heard it.
  • Options
    How is that not a penalty to Newcastle. Defender had hold of his shirt?
  • Options
    RoanRedNY said:
    In fairness Saudi Arabia’s human rights record took a major step backwards yesterday (which is a remarkable feat given where it was) when they executed 81 men in a day.  But howay the lads, fishy/dishy…..all’s right at the toon
    All beheaded evidently. 
    How the fuck can things like this be happening in 2022.