Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chelsea - Abramovich sanctioned (p9)

Comments

• Options
    cabbles said:
    I know it’s not the same as dirty Russian or dirty Saudi money, but both of those guys made a very good living out of football and continue to do so as pundits via their contracts with Sky.  They’re both decent individuals but I find it odd when football, particularly the Premier League examines itself and talks about regulation.

They can’t have it both ways.  The money Abramovich pumps into Chelsea, buys the superstars who play for the teams that make punters hand over a hundred quid a month to Sky, which makes companies want to advertise on tv, to advertise and sell products to the masses in an endless cycle.  

To sort of step out of this and start to question the system when being paid well by the system and talk of ethics and risk and independent regulators is something I can’t get my head around.  

I was thinking about this the other day.  My target sector for my work is financial services.  I had a discovery meeting with Credit Suisse.  Recently, they’ve been in the news for all the wrong reasons, bad culture, money laundering etc.  Am I going to object to prospecting them?  Absolutely not.  

I’m not digging out Neville or Carragher, but football is such a plastic sport in so many ways, those that are in it, including the fans, have lost all sense of normality in some circumstances.  

How many of us were/are up in arms at Qatar being awarded the WC and migrant slave Labour? Lots of us.  Will the majority of us still watch it or members of the barmy army still travel out there?  Absolutely.  If we’re in the semis or final in November, the deaths of however many migrants from places like Bangladesh won’t even be a flicker of a thought in our minds
    Some of our minds. Not everyone is that cynical. Most but not all.
  • Options
    addick1956 said: ok
    JiMMy 85 said:
    As bad as Putin, bombing the life out of Yemen plus mass executions. They can't  be fit for Premiershit  ownership surely. 
    No they can't be fit for premiership ownership either.

I love this fixation some people have with European corrupt men but cannot bring themselves to call out corrupt Saudis, Nigerians, Chinese et Al. 

Read Nik Cohn's "Football Business" book, and weep. The whole thing is completely rotten from too to bottom as is this country. Whether we have Saudis running football and the govt turn a blind eye to their despicable human rights record or Pakistani rape gangs in Rochdale and Rotherham (and and and ...) And local and central govt, the police, judiciary turning a blind eye to this wicked behaviour. 

It is clear ~ we hate corruption and people with blood on their hands ~ on the proviso that they fit-the-profile of who we deem corrupt and evil. In this instance ~ Roman Abramovich. I didn't hear the clamour for his head for the last 20 years of bringing the world's best players to West London and the Premiership. No, we waited for that monster to start to bomb the hell out of women and children and then the witch hunt began. 

Too late. 

Looking ahead, why not preempt the Saudi takeover  and start campaigning for them never to own a football club for as long as they cut people's hands off (huge numbers) behead 81 men in an afternoon! Treat their women as slaves and marry off 10 year old girls. Oh AND bomb the hell out of Yemen day after day. That should be enough to be getting on with. 
  • Options
    They need an owner who can de-nazify, clear out the gangsters, scum, drug takers and criminals from the club. 
  • Options
    They need an owner who can de-nazify, clear out the gangsters, scum, drug takers and criminals from the club. 
    Did Nile Ranger sign for them?
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Let's try to focus on Abramovich first and why Chelsea's 19 trophies are a total fraud.

It's dirty money which was allowed to be Laundered in London by both the Labour Government and for the last decade by the Conservative party.

I find it sickening that Chelsea fans will be outraged by not having tickets to watch European matches and continued to support Abramovich even when his role and complicity in Putin's murderous methods is being revealed now on National TV to the uninformed who didn't know about his relationships with Boris Yeltsin, Boris Berezovsky, and being a fixer for Vladimir Putin.

Newcastle have dirty money because it comes from oil. I personally wouldn't have Mohammed bin Salman as owner after the murder at the Embassy, but where do you draw a line in the sand; it tends to move.
    Murder should disqualify you as an owner.
    (No shit Sherlock !)

World politics mean you mix with nefarious characters but not convinced  Sports bodies can't  be more discerning.

• Options
    Isn't slightly hypocritical to blame the football authorities for allowing all this to happen while we (or our government) do nothing about it.

Is it OK for other businesses such as media outlets, banks, restaurant chains or even hospitals to be owned via dirty money?

The football authorities can only try to ensure that club's owners can fulfil their fixtures  - political decisions about right and proper ownership of all businesses is our responsibility via the ballot box.

• Options
    Isn't slightly hypocritical to blame the football authorities for allowing all this to happen while we (or our government) do nothing about it.

Is it OK for other businesses such as media outlets, banks, restaurant chains or even hospitals to be owned via dirty money?

The football authorities can only try to ensure that club's owners can fulfil their fixtures  - political decisions about right and proper ownership of all businesses is our responsibility via the ballot box.

Yes, you are correct on my last point, as Governments should lead because it's difficult for sporting bodies to turn away money if countries and owners are not on the naughty step by the government of the day.
  • Options
    I hope it's not some billionaire from America that takes over at Chelsea. 
    It's billionaire American owners who are largely behind trying to create a European super league. 
    Also if they get their way we could end up with no relegation from the premier league. 
    In America no relegation or promotion is seen as being fair and the more American owners we get the greater the chances of it happening over here. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Interesting take by Neville & Carragher on the state of football.

https://youtu.be/7D1FUaQen3U
    Well said by both in my opinion. Makes you wonder exactly what its going to take for the FA/Premiership to take the fit and proper persons test seriously. Sadly money talks.
  • Options
    edited March 2022

So, who were the four Abramovich apologists who didn’t mind seeing carnage in Ukraine?
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Abramovic got his golden visa from Israel which made him the second richest person in the promised land (money talks and gets you places) I can't see how Tal ben Haim who had a close relationship with his ex boss and Israeli, Russian, Portuguese Passport visa holder can be allowed to be a middle man on a possible take over.
  • Options
    Common sense prevails:

Chelsea will be allowed to sell tickets to away games, cup matches and fixtures involving the women's team after the UK government made alterations to the club's special licence.

Under the changed licence, proceeds from ticket sales will go directly to the Premier League and then be distributed to the relevant party.

The move means Chelsea will be able to sell tickets for their home Champions League quarter-final against Real Madrid on 6 April and the FA Cup semi-final at Wembley Stadium on the weekend of 16 April against Crystal Palace.

Away fans can buy tickets for Premier League games at Stamford Bridge, with revenue going to the Premier League.

• Options
    Can the Chelsea morons who chant for Roman Abramovich be chucked out even if the game has to be stopped. 

A complete fraud of a football club.

Ken Bates at least knew the value of Chelsea when he purchased the club.

• Options

So, who were the four Abramovich apologists who didn’t mind seeing carnage in Ukraine?

Romain Abramovy 
    Rigobert Abrahamson 
    Robert Abraham 
    Reginald Adamovich 

• Options
    Abramovich poisoned by the Russians, along with a couple of Ukrainian peace negotiators a few weeks ago. 
    They recovered after their skin peeled and seering pain behind the eyes (allegedly). 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Abramovich poisoned by the Russians, along with a couple of Ukrainian peace negotiators a few weeks ago. 
    They recovered after their skin peeled and seering pain behind the eyes (allegedly). 
    No skin off my nose. 
  • Options
    "an official in the Ukrainian president's office, Ihor Zhovkva, told the BBC that while he hadn't spoken to Mr Abramovich, members of the Ukrainian delegation were "fine" and one had said the story was "false".
  • Options
    WTF is going on with this story? 
    The Sun headline today is even calling him "Roman" ffs.
    At the risk of sounding all conspiracy theorist is there some agenda to make him the good guy?
  • Options
    At the risk of sounding all conspiracy theorist is there some agenda to make him the good guy?
    Presumably he's throwing some cash around to try and salvage his reputation. 
  • Options
    Just like we write “Roland” rather than “Duchatelet”, it’s easier?
  • Options
    What the fuck's he doing at 'peace talks' anyway? Did he turn up with a four pack, fishing rod and a box of chicken? Mug
    If this doesn't get at least 100 LOL's I'll be very disappointed...ahahaha! 
  • Options
    What the fuck's he doing at 'peace talks' anyway? Did he turn up with a four pack, fishing rod and a box of chicken? Mug

It taken a while, but I'd like to ride tandem with @Leroy Ambrose . I have become angry man on a soapbox and your concise direct approach is correct.

The story about Abramovich and Ukrainian officials being poisoned has been denied by the Ukrainian delegates. Its a story to help Abramovich save face and his fortune and appear that he isn't Putin's fixer. If this prick gets the Nobel peace prize I will head down to beachy head and jump off because this world is so screwed up.

It may seem I'm obsessed with Abramovich (you are Sam !) But he is a slime ball from the cess pit. 
  • Options
    Far far too close to Putin for my liking, should be banned from entering the UK permanently.