Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chelsea - Abramovich sanctioned (p9)

Comments

• Options
    Rothko said:
    Microsoft paint in the hands of normal people is a dangerous thing
    Lifted from elsewhere  :(
  • Options
    Just got back from the stadium from picking up some of my stuff…. One thing is for sure I’m not gonna be working out of there again for a long while.

Spoken to a few guys at the club and know somebody very prominent and they seriously think they are up shit creek without a paddle.

Negotiations at a government level are now focussed on saving the club because as of next month they are totally and royally fucked.

Anyone employed via third party (cleaners, security etc) all gone. All their directors are being sent (quite literally) round the world to source urgent investment to try and save the club.

It’s the strangest feeling I have ever had at a football stadium. 

Excellent.
    Unfortunately, they will probably be advanced some of the TV money due at the end of the season, get a new owner and carry on as normal next season.
  • Options

Britain to work with Chelsea FC on changes to its licence, says No 10

Britain will consider changes to Chelsea Football Club's licence, granted to allow the team to keep playing following sanctions on its owner Roman Abramovich, the Prime Minister's spokesman said on Friday.

"We're in constant contact with the club and the Premier League over any issues that have been raised through the sanctions and the licence that the Treasury have issued them," the spokesman told reporters.

"It's now up to the club to apply for any amended licence. I believe Chelsea have said that they will do that, and we'll obviously work with the club and... the league to consider any operationally necessary changes."

No surprise there, I'm afraid.

• Options
    If there is to be an upside in this maybe it will be to prick the financial bubble that is the PL & for more sensible player wages to become the norm.

I see the financial crisis emerging as an opportunity for Sky & others to negotiate down as they will lose customers themselves as the country tightens its belt. An opportunity to reset may emerge.

It will only be some players that 'suffer' (though not literally) as its been said elsewhere club staff rarely enjoy big salaries.
    You would hope so. However, the same was said during the covid19 lockdowns and nothing's changed 
  • Options
    Just got back from the stadium from picking up some of my stuff…. One thing is for sure I’m not gonna be working out of there again for a long while.

Spoken to a few guys at the club and know somebody very prominent and they seriously think they are up shit creek without a paddle.

Negotiations at a government level are now focussed on saving the club because as of next month they are totally and royally fucked.

Anyone employed via third party (cleaners, security etc) all gone. All their directors are being sent (quite literally) round the world to source urgent investment to try and save the club.

It’s the strangest feeling I have ever had at a football stadium. 
    One of best mates does the comms for the Chelsea Trust, he's not very positive about the future of the club at all.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Britain will consider changes to Chelsea Football Club's licence, granted to allow the team to keep playing following sanctions on its owner Roman Abramovich, the Prime Minister's spokesman said on Friday.

"We're in constant contact with the club and the Premier League over any issues that have been raised through the sanctions and the licence that the Treasury have issued them," the spokesman told reporters.

"It's now up to the club to apply for any amended licence. I believe Chelsea have said that they will do that, and we'll obviously work with the club and... the league to consider any operationally necessary changes."

To be fair, the license was done without any consultation with the club or footballing authorities about what was actually needed as none of this could leak. They'll tweak it now based on seeing the actual numbers etc etc 
  • Options
    I hope some ex Chelsea players feel a tad ashamed if they had ever demanded a transfer to Chelsea...because they want a lot of money.

Money can sell a soul and destroy pride.

Crappy power hungry creepy Russian blood money was paying their bills and putting food on the table.
  • Options
    Rothko said:

To be fair, the license was done without any consultation with the club or footballing authorities about what was actually needed as none of this could leak. They'll tweak it now based on seeing the actual numbers etc etc 
    Exactly. Impossible to nail down all details immediately. 

Start with the objective of stopping continued financial gain and work back from there to let it function in a minimal fashion. 

Closing the club shop seems reasonable actually however small fry as a practical example as it’s not critical to the club completing the season/ playing the matches. 

There will be other less high profile businesses sanctioned who may claim to be unfairly caught up with similar practical issues to work through. 

It’s unprecedented for football but it’s a unique global event and shows how powerful economic sanctions can be as a modern warfare tactic. 
  • Options
    It’s a difficult one, because once again we’re trying to carve out a special exemption for a Russian owned business just because it’s a football team. If RA owned any other business in the UK it would be shut down by now. So the art here is going to be an exemption that ensures RA receives no benefit for either the ongoing business or its sale. That why the first step is to shut off any revenue streams. 

They will probably allow them to use any central payments for operating expenses, but I’ve no idea whether there are any due in the near future, and it’s highly unlikely that it will be enough to pay all their salary expenses. Cut off from RAs money, they really are stuffed and nothing the government does changes that. Their only hope is a buyer. 
  • Options
    Keep seeing the title as "Abramovich has been sectioned" 

Under the metal health act
  • Options
    I think this whole situation is the final proof that we are cursed !!!! One of the richest clubs in the world, European Cup Winners, World Club Cup Winners, buy a CAFC and the next thing is your fucked !!!!
  • Options
    "player"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It’s not the government’s duty to punish Chelsea for the last 20 years. As much as we want them to. They’re aiming to stop Roman’s current business enterprises. It’s certainly not - and probably shouldn’t be - their goal to send the club down to the National League. That they’re working with the club to make sure they survive is the right thing to do. 

But even with the government’s help to exist there’s no guarantee that they’ll find a buyer willing to keep them at the top table. That’s where my hope lies - It lies in Mike Ashley. Go get ‘em Mike. 
  • Options
    @DamoNorthStand if you don’t mind me asking, what were you doing there for work? 
  • Options
    Does anyone really thinks Chelsea are about fold? They won’t, not a snowballs chance in hell. As much as I would like them to suffer for what they have done to help football to where it is today, nothing much other that inconvenience will happen. The worse thing that might happen to them is they is not winning the Champions League this season. They may have a disaster of a season next year when they might finish out of the top 4. 
    There are plenty of rich people, companies, hedge funds, countries that will buy them in a heartbeat. The only thing they won’t do is pay the asking price. I would think the Newcastle owners are a tad gutted they didn’t see this coming. 
  • Options
    Reece-James can finally come home
  • Options
    Of course Chelsea won't fold. There are going to be lots of interested potential buyers. The question for them is what a new owner is going to invest. Nobody knows whether this is the beginning of the end of them being one of the World's top clubs. But of course, they could remain so. 
  • Options
    The government want them in administration to make the sale easier is what I’ve been told.

Dorries getting final say on who the owner will be.