Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chelsea - Abramovich sanctioned (p9)

Comments

• Options
    Chelsea may nick a win but they’ve been awful
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    RoanRedNY said:
    In fairness Saudi Arabia’s human rights record took a major step backwards yesterday (which is a remarkable feat given where it was) when they executed 81 men in a day.  But howay the lads, fishy/dishy…..all’s right at the toon
    All beheaded evidently. 
    How the fuck can things like this be happening in 2022.
    It’s insane, and how can the regime responsible for that act own an English football team?
    Exactly 
    Fit and proper my arse 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    RoanRedNY said:
    In fairness Saudi Arabia’s human rights record took a major step backwards yesterday (which is a remarkable feat given where it was) when they executed 81 men in a day.  But howay the lads, fishy/dishy…..all’s right at the toon
    All beheaded evidently. 
    It’s insane, and how can the regime responsible for that act own an English football team?
    £££££
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Just wondered how the players are going to be paid, wage bill rumoured to be 8 million a week!!

Makes Thomas’s 8 million loss a season on us look a bargain!
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Thought I heard the commentator say yesterday that they'd only last 2 weeks as it stands. If that is the case, does that not mean they've been breaking FFP rules all this time?
  • Options
    Kieran Maguire in his podcast confirmed the wage bill at £ £27m per month. He also explains why FFP has no relevance to this 
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Does you country have nuclear weapons pointed at the UK?
    Is this a deal breaker or sealer?
  • Options
    I hope they fold tbh 
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    se9addick said:
    RoanRedNY said:
    All beheaded evidently. 
    £££££
    About £1.5 billion to the UK in arms deals from Saudi Arabia probably explains that! And that was just in a quarter a couple of years ago! God knows what the true figures are...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How is that not a penalty to Newcastle. Defender had hold of his shirt?
    Was explained to me today that because the ref did not see it as his view was blocked, it can’t be deemed as an error, he just didn’t see it, so end of argument 
  • Options
    Kieran Maguire in his podcast confirmed the wage bill at £ £27m per month. He also explains why FFP has no relevance to this 
    Thanks for pointing me in that direction. If I understood him correctly we won't know if Chelsea can afford that until pay day comes. And then it's a race to sell the club to someone who can afford all that. 

I am convinced they will be okay. That the sale will go through and the funds held in escrow until it's all resolved. But it can't possibly go through in time for the next two pay days so that means a lot of players not getting payed. I hope it gets really complicated and messy and even the government can't help them out of it. 
  • Options

Roman Abramovich: New evidence highlights corrupt deals

Roman Abramovich's Dirty Money is on BBC One, Monday 14 March, at 20:00 GMT and on BBCiPlayer afterwards
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-60736185
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Thought I heard the commentator say yesterday that they'd only last 2 weeks as it stands. If that is the case, does that not mean they've been breaking FFP rules all this time?
    depends how much they are making in merchandise/advertising and match day sales. Could be a massive destruction of FFP - the biggest test it's ever had. The fact that Chelsea games are still being televised and advertised across... has to bring any sanctions into question surely? They can't even sell match programmes... 
  • Options
    28,000 season ticket holders, not allowed to sell any more home tickets, or away tickets to fans, could be an opening here for Charlton……
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    One of the best Panoramas in years. Make sure you watch it. It is now absolutely crystal clear exactly how such a young person could have become so unfeasibly rich before anyone even knew his name in Britain.
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    depends how much they are making in merchandise/advertising and match day sales. Could be a massive destruction of FFP - the biggest test it's ever had. The fact that Chelsea games are still being televised and advertised across... has to bring any sanctions into question surely? They can't even sell match programmes... 
    A Programme for the Chelsea v Newcastle game was available at the game yesterday but the print run was limited to 2,000 only.
  • Options
    That Panorama documentary was very enlightening.  Well worth a watch
  • Options
    Was there actually on there we didn't already know though? Or was it more a case of confirming some of the rumours / possible truths that have been doing the rounds?
  • Options
    The political journalists have known about Abramovich for years, but have seen it as a football story so haven't written about it much. It's taken a war for the sports journalists to get interested.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Was there actually on there we didn't already know though? Or was it more a case of confirming some of the rumours / possible truths that have been doing the rounds?
    It did a great job in explaining how the Sibneft deal was the big deal thst suddenly made him unimaginably rich. I think very few people could have stated that clearly before watching the broadcast, including me. 

The key Russian witnesses on camera was pretty amazing too. I can’t imagine the planning that went into getting that in the can (and getting it out of Russia)
  • Options
    That Panorama documentary was very enlightening.  Well worth a watch
    That was known years ago.  I used to argue with a Chelsea fan boss about that. I is not exactly new info. 
    Maybe so, but I still found it interesting.  It also shows how much Dodgy Russian money there is in the UK
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    RoanRedNY said:
    All beheaded evidently. 
    When the owners support beheadings is it surprising that we read of players kicking cats and hitting women? Rotten from top to bottom.  Nik Cohn's book says as much..
  • Options
    John Flasby Lawrance Whittingdale No less!