Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chelsea - Abramovich sanctioned (p9)

Comments

• Options
    cabbles said:
    @DamoNorthStand if you don’t mind me asking, what were you doing there for work? 
    KGB
  • Options
    WSS said:
    The government want them in administration to make the sale easier is what I’ve been told.

Dorries getting final say on who the owner will be.
    If they went into administartion, wouldn't they get a points deduction?
  • Options
    What happens to a player's registation if a purchasing club fails to pay all of the transfer fee?
  • Options
    WSS said:
    Apparently they may have to tape over ‘3’ on the front of their shirts as well because they can’t go out and buy new plain ones…
    Surprised Nike haven’t been able to get the kits to them 
  • Options
    Surely they must have training kits or something they can wear instead?
  • Options
    Surely they must have training kits or something they can wear instead?
    They'll have to wear the polyester crap they sell in their club shop to the minions... B)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    WSS said:
    The government want them in administration to make the sale easier is what I’ve been told.

Dorries getting final say on who the owner will be.
    I've heard that, too. The suggestion was that if they go into administration then all income goes to the people they owe money to, via the administrator, not to the owner. So if Abramovich waives any entitlement to his loans, then there's no way he could benefit from any income. At that point, the sanctions lift, they can sell tickets and merchandise again, and the idea would be for someone to come along and buy them off the administrator for enough to repay all debts (except to Abramovich). That would presumably mean a points deduction for an insolvency event, but no risk of them going bust or being expelled from the league.

That arrangement is totally dependent on Abramovich cancelling his loans. If he doesn't, then the administrator would need to get enough from the sale to pay them, but would then keep the money frozen until the sanctions are lifted, which could be years. However I think (not an expert on this so may be wrong) that sanctions would still apply if money from the sale might find its way to him. So Chelsea fans would get to find out if he really cares about the club as much as they think he does.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    I thought in his first statement he waived the return of his loans?
  • Options
    What happens to a player's registation if a purchasing club fails to pay all of the transfer fee?
    The purchasing club is in debt to the selling club and the administrator might sell off the registration?
  • Options
    I won't pretend I understand what the ramifications of the Government's moves are.

All I will say is knowing our luck it will lead to Palace being able to sign Gallagher for £250k. :-(

• Options
    It’s all a bit of a giggle now, but one thing I’m sure of, there are more than enough MPs and people of power and influence that support Chelsea for any consideration that they might be in long term trouble. 
  • Options
    It’s all a bit of a giggle now, but one thing I’m sure of, there are more than enough MPs and people of power and influence that support Chelsea for any consideration that they might be in long term trouble. 
    Heard Dorries is Spurs and considering giving Chelsea to Southall for a quid.

Hope she gets the dough up front
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cabbles said:
    @DamoNorthStand if you don’t mind me asking, what were you doing there for work? 
    Hitman?
  • Options
    This government and the nincompoop Nadine Dorries will, rightly allow the club to function until a new owner is in place. I do hope that owner is not another American with 'Super League'/non-sporting merit/'no relegation' aspirations, but I am not holding my breath. 

Let's hope that the Tracey Crouch  Fan-Led Review of Football Governance isn't permanently kicked into the long grass in the light of recent events.

It will be good to see Chelsea function back in the real world, although I doubt they'll have to wait another 50 years for their next title, as they did before Abramovich's takeover. That event led to a severe distortion of the English game and its economics, which is now sadly rooted in the game  
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    The people i feel sorry for in all this are the ordinary behind the scenes workers at Chelsea, some of whom will no doubt lose their jobs as a result of the sanctions.
    Scummy fans and scummy club....look what they did to the Valley in the 70's....
    To be fair, the fire in The Covered End and the demolished turnstiles caused £25 of improvements.
    Smashed up the Valley Club as well
  • Options
    Sky to host the “Which owner knows the guy who’s killed more babies? Derby match
  • Options
    I thought in his first statement he waived the return of his loans?
    He's said that. I don't think he's signed any legal paperwork to actually do it. If he's willing to do that, and assuming the government will actually allow him to, things get very much easier for the club.
  • Options
    The posters saying chelsea fans are scummy probably haven’t seen the worst side of our fanbase. Fickle football fans at their finest..