Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chelsea - Abramovich sanctioned (p9)

Comments

• Options
    Had a quiet little weep for Chelski this morning...   FUCK OFF!
  • Options
    Not sure Dorries has got this one quite right. If the football club is "the bedrock of the community"  and with the stroke of the pen you have effectively just trashed that community ( with no further ticket sales, no chance of seeing the team at SB except STH's, and a shoal of other measures against that "community". 

Is it not possible to keep the club operating as was but with all revenue streams going to the Govt and not RA? Seems punishing Chelsea fans, while enjoyable on one level, is not a just response. 

If the issue is that RA is sanctioned for his previous close ties to the war criminal Putin then is there not an argument that anyone with any close ties to anyone who bombs the hell out of another group of people should also be sanctioned? I imagine the multibillion pound global sporting world would shrink quite markedly if this was the case.

This would be a de facto nationalised football club, inevitably ending in administration.  
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Chelsea fans are a total disgrace.

I have been calling Abramovich, Putin's bitch for about two decades now but in some ways I was wrong ?

Abramovich, after befriending the drunk President Boris Yeltsin, was in a position to support Putin and aid his powerful position at the top table of the Kremlin.

Abramovich helped Putin when VP was the KGB ruthless strongman who wanted to be king. Putin who personally picked the two "tourists" to go to Salisbury and then laugh at the weak UK.

Abramovich has enabled Putin from the beginning.

At last the front pages can say what some of us have known for two decades; Putin and Abramovich are blood brothers.

• Options
    I wouldn't trust the judgement of any of the ministers in this government- Boris over partygate, Liss Truss over yes we would support people going to fight in Ukraine ( shes the Foreign Secretary for heaven's sake -is she completely mad )  and now we have Nadine Dorries shutting the club shop and not allowing people to buy tickets for the games - what absolute nonsense. Yes, of course they should sanction him and prevent him from extricating any monies from a sale - but closing the club shop - what a stupid thing to do. As if Abramovic cares about sales of mugs and key rings. 
    The quality of ministers and MPs - on all sides of the House is at an all time low. 
  • Options
    Hope we got all of the fee for Burstow up front and not in instalments.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    I am finding the difference in views of Chelsea between different generations of fans fascinating….

The younger fans have always only ever known them being a big club and as such see them as one of the elite.

Problem is those of us with longer memories are well aware that they are not that big a club…. Take Romans money away and what they are doing is not naturally sustainable by a mile.

Spurs are ten thousand times bigger as a club. Chelsea are like Man City for me…. And not in the same tier as Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs.

Chelsea in my eyes are like a West Ham.
    Depends how far back you're going though? If you grew up in the 70s and 80s then yes you won't see them historically as a big club.

But people forget that in the 7 years before Abramovich took over, Chelsea won 6 trophies and finished in the top 6 of the PL every season. They were already in the Champions league when he bought them. 
    But they'd spent beyond their means in that time and was on the cusp of being shut down as they had defaulted on a £75m loan...  they had debts around £140-150m then before the huge influx of PL cash of recent times.

Abramovich saved them from the abyss.

Looks like he was just delaying the inevitable..."What goes around comes around"
  • Options
    Some people may be from West London, born and bred, and Chelsea is in their DNA.

They have a genuine passion for a club that means something to them.

Basically, they have a brain dead disease, and they are probably naturally really stupid.

Everyone can instinctively tell that Chelsea have been an awful club since Roman Russian took over.

Yes, they have been winners on many occasions but that is only because a stupid arrogant c*nt has been hiding in plain sight.

Hopefully, he has lost loads and loads of money and Chelsea will be paying a huge price.

That price being, their soul. Which they sold to a Russian dickhead.

• Options
    Abramovich is an enabler to a manic gangster, football as a whole sold its soul to the devil long long ago.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ct_addick said:
    The people i feel sorry for in all this are the ordinary behind the scenes workers at Chelsea, some of whom will no doubt lose their jobs as a result of the sanctions.
    Scummy fans and scummy club....look what they did to the Valley in the 70's....
    April 77 in particular, even though we won 4-0 it wasn't a pleasant evening.....hated them ever since.
  • Options
    I know a few Chelsea fans.
    One of them is the only one I’ve seen defending Putins special operation blaming NATO.

That says it all for me tbh.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    JohnBoyUK said:
    I am finding the difference in views of Chelsea between different generations of fans fascinating….

The younger fans have always only ever known them being a big club and as such see them as one of the elite.

Problem is those of us with longer memories are well aware that they are not that big a club…. Take Romans money away and what they are doing is not naturally sustainable by a mile.

Spurs are ten thousand times bigger as a club. Chelsea are like Man City for me…. And not in the same tier as Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs.

Chelsea in my eyes are like a West Ham.
    Depends how far back you're going though? If you grew up in the 70s and 80s then yes you won't see them historically as a big club.

But people forget that in the 7 years before Abramovich took over, Chelsea won 6 trophies and finished in the top 6 of the PL every season. They were already in the Champions league when he bought them. 
    But they'd spent beyond their means in that time and was on the cusp of being shut down as they had defaulted on a £75m loan...  they had debts around £140-150m then before the huge influx of PL cash of recent times.

Abramovich saved them from the abyss.
    And failed to set them up for the long term. They can't survive without a benefactor. They don't have the crowd base, the stadium, the brand - none of the things required to compete at the highest level without big financial backing. That's why they're not in the same category as the rest of the top clubs. Spurs don't have the trophies but they have got the stadium and potential revenue. Same with Arsenal. 

I fucking love that Abramovich didn't have the opportunity/ interest in setting them up for life without him. 
  • Options
    I wouldn’t worry too much for Chelsea. The government have made it clear that preserving the club is important and of course it is. They’ll change hands quite quickly and as a football club they will just replace one mega rich benefactor for another mega rich benefactor. Normal service will be resumed pdq.
  • Options
    I wouldn’t worry too much for Chelsea. The government have made it clear that preserving the club is important and of course it is. They’ll change hands quite quickly and as a football club they will just replace one mega rich benefactor for another mega rich benefactor. Normal service will be resumed pdq.
    Polar opposite to us 
  • Options
    It’s all about posturing with the government, will be interesting if this holds water legally through the transfer window when it opens, and next season.
  • Options
    It’s all about posturing with the government, will be interesting if this holds water legally through the transfer window when it opens, and next season.
    Reckon it'll be done and dusted before the end of the season, and if it ain't, maybe the incumbent will get any embargo waived if the deal is close?
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Maybe Southall could buy them! 
  • Options
    Seeing how many appear to be interested in weighing out upto £4b for Chelsea, can't see why there were so few more interest in paying a relative drop in the ocean to buy us. It must be easier to recoup £100m(?) by buying a club that has space to improve, rather than recoup £4b on a cub that is already at the top of its game? And I hought these high achieving billionaire types were up for a challenge. Charlatans ;)

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I note the Chelsea supporters trust reckon the fans would settle for a decade without trophies if it meant that the club would survive.  I mean, how on earth would one manage without trophies?
  • Options

I hate that guy more then Roland. Just a bastard
  • Options
    Josh Harris, one of the Palace shareholders is rumoured to be preparing a bid for Chelsea, which means he’ll have to sell his shares in Palace. 
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Gribbo said:
    Dave2l said:

I hate that guy more then Roland. Just a bastard
    Would love to see him fuck someone like Abro about.

Poison tipped brolly up the jacksie

He'd probably enjoy it,... till the poison kicked in... B)