Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chelsea - Abramovich sanctioned (p9)

Comments

• Options
    Accept most uhnw Ruskies have no doubt committed a bit of skullduggery to get where they are, but this is about the war. Or are all Russians now fair game?
  • Options
    John Terry:

'Thank you Roman. The Best Owner in the WORLD.'

Never let it be said that Terry doesn't know or worry about who "bought" him. We wouldn't expect anything less would we?
    I would have thought you and JT would be in agreement here. 
  • Options
    edited March 2022

• Options
    An interesting thread in the context of the government's perceived foot dragging on sanctions...

• Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    John Terry:

Never let it be said that Terry doesn't know or worry about who "bought" him. We wouldn't expect anything less would we?
    Wouldn't really expect you to say anything else.

Please do check my comments on here regarding my family's history, how my parents were forced to flee Hungary and how the Russian persecution of my family lead to my uncle throwing himself off a skyscraper. 

Perhaps you could make an amateur film about their story?

• Options
    Gribbo said:
    Accept most uhnw Ruskies have no doubt committed a bit of skullduggery to get where they are, but this is about the war. Or are all Russians now fair game?
    Only Russians can end this, so yeah, they should be. 
  • Options
    John Terry:

Unless I'm misreading your comment; Terry was at the club long before Roman came on to the scene.

Was a regular in their First Team, two years before he purchased them.
    He was yes, he'd already won a cup and been their POTY before Abramovich came along but i think it's fair to say that the CL and all the premier leagues won were largely thanks to his money.

Terry was a great player though so if Roman hadn't come along then Terry would've probably moved to City or United and got a lot of trophies with them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gribbo said:
    Only Russians can end this, so yeah, they should be. 
    Abramovich has had the opportunity to speak up against Putin in relation to the war. He is linked directly to Putin so it is pretty clear he needs actions against him.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
     It's been well discussed .. by modern top top club standards, The Bridge is a small ground and is not not owned by Avich .. surely this means that the £3 BILLION he reportedly wants is about £2 BILLION too much ? .. what ever he gets, I assume he'll keep before handing it over to his nominated 'charity', thus probably escaping confiscation by the UK NCA/Treasury  
  • Options

Premier League have some tough questions to answer in the next few weeks. Is blood money acceptable in sport? 
  • Options
    Stig said:
    My usual go to when the Abramovic love ins start. (From a a few years back)

Matthew Syed playing a binder. Jim White being an arse. Quelle surprise.
    Jim completely missing the point as usual.
    Or turning a blind eye for his SKY paymasters
  • Options
    @carly burn Thing is, while I agree with him about the first part - how dubious his source of wealth is - the second part is retailing the old idea that this was insurance against possible hostile moves by Putin. Catherine Belton's book throws doubt on that. 

Anyway this seems like a good time to recall exactly from when and why I hate him. 

The Parker transfer; while I had never heard of Abramovic before he pitched up in London, I knew a lot more than most fans about what kind of country Russia had become, particularly the gangster tactics used by successful "byznysmen". Meanwhile in Britain newspaper websites were up and running but far from the mainstream source of news....

About two weeks into the four week saga, with Charlton directors digging in to resist Abramovic's "overtures", the Sun ran a story on its website, put up in the dead of night, that Parker had already been sold. As soon as I saw it I tried to find out if it was true. I can't remember whom I spoke to but @Airman Brown was probably one of them, and the message came back that it was nonsense. When the print copy hit the stands the story was not there. The website story then disappeared too, but I had, somehow managed to preserve a screenshot of it (I probably printed it off!). It became clear that this was an attempt to destabilise the situation and unsettle Parker further. I've no doubt the Sun was utterly complicit. Nobody read their website in any numbers then, but Parker and messrs. Murray and Simons would have been shown the report.

So without much hope of anything, I rang the Press Complaints Commission. The guy I spoke to was surprisingly receptive, especially when I was able to show him the story. They opened an investigation. Inevitably of course this stretched on past the end of the window. He'd gone by the time they came back to me. And their verdict was that they could not uphold my complaint because as a mere fan I was not directly damaged by the alleged behaviour. Those were their rules, and anyway he was gone. So I tried to get over it. But then I got a letter from the Sun. A so called "independent Ombudsman" employed by them, and with a posh name (sadly I didn't keep the letter, it seems) wrote about my his "investigation" into my complaint. It was sneering and gloating and basically said "you claim the report was untrue, but now he's playing for Chelsea. So eff off".

I concluded, as others have done, that RA bought Parker as an easy way to "take out" a competitor; at that time we were a competitor, and Parker had just masterminded the Boxing Day Massacre. And he then hardly featured for Chelsea. He sat on the bench, and pissed away his huge salary in Esher bookies. What we saw here was one of the earliest examples of digital disinformation. The Sun were already in his pocket.  And still people talk about his "love of the game"
    😩😩😩😩😩😩
    I will NEVER move on from this!
    😞😞😞😞😞😞
  • Options
    The fact that the authorities are only now considering adding human rights to the fit and proper persons test tells you so much about the sport.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    JiMMy 85 said:
    John Terry:

Please do check my comments on here regarding my family's history, how my parents were forced to flee Hungary and how the Russian persecution of my family lead to my uncle throwing himself off a skyscraper. 

No thanks. But it is all the more mystifying that you’re fine with Abu Dhabi as long as the football is of a high quality. Hypocritical I suppose. The whataboutisms run out when you have a personal connection. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    JiMMy 85 said:
    John Terry:

No thanks. But it is all the more mystifying that you’re fine with Abu Dhabi as long as the football is of a high quality. Hypocritical I suppose. The whataboutisms run out when you have a personal connection. 
    This all came about because I commented, years ago now, about how I admired Pep's football and managerial success and and how he improves players but you decided to make a political and human rights point out of the money City has and where it comes from. It is proven that he does improve players and is one of the reasons that our national team has had a resurgence is as a result of the development of the likes of Sterling, Foden, Walker and Stones who are all far more comfortable playing other roles and in different formations than they were before Pep started to coach them. The man is a footballing genius, will probably win the title again this year and without even using a centre forward. Who has ever done that in the top flight of English football? Equally, anyone who thinks that he couldn't vastly improve the set of players we currently have lives in cloud cuckoo land. Because he would. You then chose to stalk me on that thread which is why I then raised the issue when Nimer took over. And here you are once again. Points scoring because it makes you feel so much better about yourself and your so called beliefs.

John Terry is absolute vermin. He and his family always have been. A lot of people in life work for people and regimes, the actions of which they do not condone. Many have to do so in order to put food on the table for not just football clubs but banks, factories, you name it. John Terry is, however, someone who would, as he once again proved this week, sell his soul to the devil and publicly thank the "Best Owner in the WORLD" at a time when the man who has bought him is the lackey for someone who is murdering thousands of people right now. Some, who do the opposite and call out a regime end up, like my dad's brother did, committing suicide because those oppressors stop them from doing the job they love doing. Imagine such an institution taking away all your recording equipment and dictating that you will never be able to make one more film ever again. Because, tragically as it turned out, that is what it was like for him.  

But I do admire how you don't support any teams that have a whiff of a connection with a dodgy country be it football, tennis or even Formula 1. I mean it's not as if any of the money derived from F1 that is used to pay drivers you might hold in such high esteem comes from places such as Abu Dhabi and Russia is it? I admire that you do not buy anything that might come from Abu Dhabi, Russia or China be it petrol, cars, food, film making equipment etc etc. And how you do criminal checks on every manager, player, coach etc etc before you interview them just in case they might have done something nasty in their life. Because you would never interview someone who has wronged someone else would you and would always do due diligence before doing so wouldn't you? I mean you might make money out of doing that would you? How would you ever live with yourself? And how you managed to stop supporting CAFC when the criminals owned us. It would have been somewhat hypocritical of someone as sanctimonious as yourself not to wouldn't it? You could, actually, do something even more meaningful in society like prosecuting criminals as my sister did for the Crown Prosecution Service and being rewarded for doing so by being threatened by the scum of the earth. Some absolutely horrendous cases too. 

As I suggest, stick to film making because you have no experience whatsoever of what it is like to live in a society where there are people roaming who would be happy to sell you to the KGB for the price of a fish and chip supper. I suspect your only experience of it is what you've read and that has made you some sort of self proclaimed expert and lecturer on the subject. All of this makes your jibe "I would have thought you and JT would be in agreement here" really so cheap. 

I will now try to resist responding the next time you choose to reply to one of my comments. There's no point and there are more important things than rising to someone who has such an agenda in life. If I see any such comment I will just "like" it in the hope that that will make us both feel a bit better. You because you simply never ever do or say anything to support those that make a living from money that is dodgy and me because I haven't, yet again, risen to your bait.

• Options
    "John Terry is absolute vermin. He and his family always have been." 🤔
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    "John Terry is absolute vermin. He and his family always have been." 🤔
    https://www.joe.ie/sport/rap-sheet-the-crimes-and-misdemeanours-of-john-terry-28812
  • Options
    "Its a Chelsea thing"