Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chelsea - Abramovich sanctioned (p9)

Comments

• Options
    cafc999 said:
    cafctom said:
    Anyone else got a sneaky feeling the government will absolutely “vary” the conditions as soon as they can, on the quiet? 

There’s no way they’ll keep these conditions in place long term.
    I wonder if they will 'vary' it if someone agrees to buy the club?
    They may well allow a sale, but the government will pocket the funds 

• Options
    edited March 2022
    cafctom said:
    Anyone else got a sneaky feeling the government will absolutely “vary” the conditions as soon as they can, on the quiet? 

I've got more of a sneaky suspicion that Abramovich will either "sell" Chelsea to a front man, or he'll sell it, have the assets seized then sue for them back.
  • Options
    sm said:
    Good to see our loan payments will be frozen - would be even better if they could be donated straightaway to Ukraine.
    They are, in a way, in the form of various ordnance
  • Options
    Not entirely clear what is happening to TV revenues - if they are frozen Chelsea will have problems paying their primadonnas, so they may have to rely on cheaper options like Mason and Juan.  Of course, insolvency and a points deduction may be the way to go - but rules only allow registering of a new entity in the same league where all football creditors are honoured.  This may be the most sensible way to go, unless some better deal can be arranged with our Oligarch friendly govt, but it would probably mean no Champions League football next year.

• Options
    sm said:
    cafc999 said:
    Wonder if they will still sing his name this weekend?
    Probably, they were never smart enough to ask where the money came from.
    In the main, fans don’t care, they just want success 😞
    I don't think any fans do tbh. Charlton fans would be singing Abramovich's name if he bought Charlton instead of Chelsea back in 2005 
    I fear you maybe right.
    But I’d like to think a few of us old timers wouldn’t 🙏🏻😞
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    I would imagine this is easy enough for Chelsea to sidestep. Abramovich already said the proceeds of the sale would go to victims of the war. So something could be done I am sure where this happens and those victims are Ukranian ones. Why? Because the government won't let  Chelsea be a casualty in this.

What may have an impact is the difference to Chelsea in the long to medium term in terms of the outlook of their new owner.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2022
    very tough situation to be honest. This isn’t an asset like a mansion or a sports car. It’s a community asset supported by hundreds of thousands of UK citizens and employees hundreds of people. 

Very hard to determine what is right and fair in this instance 
    Agreed. I think you've probably just got to boil it down to a "for the the greater good" view of things. War has many far-reaching & catastrophic consequences. This is but just one, pretty small "in the scheme of things" consequence....but huge within the world of football.
  • Options
    It's good to see the government doing the right thing.
  • Options
    I still remember abramovich' ugly sad angry face when we beat Chelsea at Stamford bridge on penalties in the Carling cup 

C*nt 

Thanks for taking Parker off us. Was probably spouting russian bollocks to Putin and having a giggle.

(He obviously probably wasn't and I'm half joking....it's best he should fly home after the police hopefully track and trace him. Maybe search his private property if possible)
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Exactly this. There's no way this will carry into next season.

Government have done it to be seen to be doing the right thing, but they'll let a sale go through in the summer i'm sure, as obviously the situation can't continue.
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    Tuchel wondering how to fit Gunter and Watson into Chelsea’s system next season 

And Charlton wondering where to fit Mount and Lukaku into our system next season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No away fans i assume means at Stamford bridge, but can Chelsea fans buy tickets for their own away games?
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Government have done it to be seen to be doing the right thing, but they'll let a sale go through in the summer i'm sure, as obviously the situation can't continue.
    Thing is, they are 100% correct in letting a sale go through, as long as the proceeds are then seized. It would be completely unreasonable to insist the club can't be run properly and can't be sold. This is (or should be) about denying Abramovich his UK assets, so him selling the club and receiving none of the proceeds is fully in line with that.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Thing is, they are 100% correct in letting a sale go through, as long as the proceeds are then seized. It would be completely unreasonable to insist the club can't be run properly and can't be sold. This is (or should be) about denying Abramovich his UK assets, so him selling the club and receiving none of the proceeds is fully in line with that.
    Yes 100%. A sale will be allowed to go through, they'll just ensure he gets none of the money.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Gribbo said:
    robroy said:

Just seen this on Facebook.

Would say it's a bit harsh on the club and their supporters, but the way they've acted and come out the woodwork since the dough come in, a bit like Citeh, has been questionable. Could they appeal and still be allowed to operate, with any proceeds destined for Abro's pockets being seized? Or suppose that's too complicated.....
    They've been chanting Abramovic's name during the Ukraine silences so my sympathy for the fans is lacking. 

This should have happened 10+ days ago and means any sanctions imposed are a lot less valuable; because we've given the people time to move assets around away from our grasp. 

Are Chelsea that affected? They were never a money making operation anyway.

I'm sure Roman won't be too bothered in a months time when everything is dropped and it now looks like he's been 'punished' so people will now stop calling for him to be sanctioned. 

• Options
    No away fans i assume means at Stamford bridge, but can Chelsea fans buy tickets for their own away games?

Tickets for the Middlesbrough away FA Cup match will not go on sale today as planned.

• Options
    Gribbo said:
    robroy said:

Would say it's a bit harsh on the club and their supporters, but the way they've acted and come out the woodwork since the dough come in, a bit like Citeh, has been questionable. Could they appeal and still be allowed to operate, with any proceeds destined for Abro's pockets being seized? Or suppose that's too complicated.....
    They've been chanting Abramovic's name during the Ukraine silences so my sympathy for the fans is lacking. 

This should have happened 10+ days ago and means any sanctions imposed as a lot less valuable because we've given the people time to move assets around and away from our grasp. 

Are Chelsea that affected? They were never a money making operation anyway.

I'm sure Roman won't be too bothered in a months time when everything is dropped and it now looks like he's been 'punished' so people will now stop calling for him to be sanctioned. 

I think it was Prague who posted a Tweet thread that outlined their finances. Well worth a read. From what I took from it, RA has been keeping them ticking over, but without similar financial input from a benefactor, they're in a precarious position. 

• Options
    edited March 2022
    Stig said:
    Gribbo said:
    robroy said:

Fuck 'em! They've been living on false glories bought with stolen money for years. I didn't hear too much complaining from them about that. Meanwhile smaller clubs are forced into a desperate economic position due to the top heavy nature of football funding that their club supports and their 'grab all the good players' model which has been employed by Chelsea more than any other of the big boys. It'll do them good to be taken down a peg or two.
    Gribbo said:
    robroy said:

• Options
    He now can't put money in if I'm right? and they are totally reliant on central payments or any cash on hand that RA left?